Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anybody else there bothered by the fact that some teams mess with their traditional colors?
I am talking about international football here; when I started watching football
Portugal was wearing red/green/red (now all red).
Spain was red/blue/black (now red/black/black).
England was white/black/white, and before that white/blue/white (now all white)
Netherlands was orange/white/orange (now orange/white/sky blue, talk about a fashion statement), they have used full orange and also orange/black/orange too.
Germany away was green/white/green which I think goes back to the 50s or even earlier (now black/white/black they have also used red).

I think all those colors give some uniqueness to the respective nations, the older they get the more prestige they give to that team and they should be kept.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
How about Italia no more white shorts?

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Can't believe you didn't mention Italy. Light blue, white, light blue. Now all blue or all white.

Those were the days....

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I think only Brazil, Argentina and Netherlands did not change the traditional colors. Actually Argentina got the 86 jersey back with a little bit more development.

·
Registered
46,150 Posts
Italy also wore this shìt.

I can understand that sort of celeste shirt (it should be like the shirts of the 30s) but the brown shorts and socks!

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't believe you didn't mention Italy. Light blue, white, light blue. Now all blue or all white.

Those were the days....
Right, Italy is up there too, so is France, they often play with blue/blue/red these days instead of white shorts.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think only Brazil, Argentina and Netherlands did not change the traditional colors. Actually Argentina got the 86 jersey back with a little bit more development.
Argentina is wearing the albiceleste since 1908, in a game against Uruguay on Sept. 13th 1908, 101 years ago!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts