Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So- we've qualified as the team with the most points despite scoring only one goal in all group 6 games. Not very spectacular but impressive nonetheless.

Next time around there'll be more pressure, and it really does look juicy- and not many cakewalks to hope for either!

We cannnot face Bayern from our own group, but this is how it looks for potential oponents in my view:

Barca :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Man. United: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Real Madrid: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Porto: :star: :star: :star:
Werder Bremen: :star: :star: :star:
Liverpool: :star: :star:
PSV: :star: :star:

I'd prefer going up against PSV or Liverpool, but there are no easy picks here. Of the hype propositions, I'd clearly prefer drawing Real Madrid. An opponent I think we'd be primed to beat considering our respective styles of play, pros and cons.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I would prefer to avoid Barca and Man Utd in the next stage. How refreshing that Deportivo aren't there! (Unless you support them of course)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
we will play x Barca,, i know it :wallbang:

i;d prefer psv though,, they arent in form.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I'll state the abvious and say I don't wan't Barca.

Other then that I would really, really wan't to avoid United as well. It doesn't matter, they could have 11 P. Nevilles on the field and we would still struggle against them.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
manutd is a curse to us,, though their team sucks but they manage to beat us!!

i was watching roma's game 2oday with some manutd/madrid fans (buddies),, both are scared to play x juve.,.

·
Registered
261 Posts
man utd vs juve. :D come on juve fans, be brave!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I would like to get Real Madrid or Barca from the get go. By the way, barca would like to avoid us as much as we want to avoid them. In fact, I don’t think any team wants to face us in the next round.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
As i dont make the draw , any comments and analyses in advance arent of much use but i would like to play against ManUnited -we have some old scores to settle with them :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Roby :thmbup:

Bring who ever on. There is no easy way to get to the goal now after what Porto did last year. Every team knows they have a chance and will play as such.

Liverpool would be easy pickings, how ever. Watch Arsenal get them :pp

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'd like to draw Liverpool, not that it'll be an easy match. But it's a classic. We haven't played them since the cl final many years ago I believe. My best friend is a pompous Liverpool fanatic, would be great if Juve could shut him up. :D

At all cost I want to avoid Man United and Barcelona.

·
Registered
115 Posts
To not play against Barca is the best, even better if the draw is like Juve-Liverpool, or Juve-PSV, or Juve-Porto. :tongue:

·
Registered
17,532 Posts
Bring them on!

·
Registered
115 Posts
To not play against Barca is the best, even better if the draw is like (no offence) Juve-Liverpool, or Juve-PSV, or Juve-Porto. :tongue:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
nEEbz said:
has to be Manchester United FC :D

nEEbz
This is Don Fabio's Juve not Lippi's Juve. ;) United will be eliminated against Juve if it comes to that IMO.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
As stupid as it sounds I'd rather face Barca than United

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Me too Paris. We suck against United. Think we have developed some kind of complex against them. Every other team but United. :stuckup:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
I say it's time to end this. Bring on ManU right now, they're not what they were a few years ago, if there's anytime we can take them it's now. And let's end this painful and embarassing streak already!

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
numerodix said:
I say it's time to end this. Bring on ManU right now, they're not what they were a few years ago, if there's anytime we can take them it's now. And let's end this painful and embarassing streak already!
The Norwegian is right! :D Listen to him. Exorcize your demons by confronting them. Juve didn't win in Spain for 18 years and then the win in the Camp Nou arrived.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts