Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is it boys and girls, the grand finale that we all wanted to avoid. Two teams who have been trying very hard not to make it to the CL will have to decide which one is better at choking. We all know that Lazio excels at that but Inter is a strong contender too.

Parolo and Immobile might return which would be huge. Caicedo is simply not a goalscorer and Murgia is too raw. The defense will be the usual mess, most likely, so playing for a draw will be suicidal, IMO. Luis Alberto will be missed an awful lot but you never know if Felipe might not have a monster game. We need our stars to shine but I hope we won't resort to hoofing the ball to SMS as our main attacking move, the guy is amazing at controlling long balls but we need more variety in attack.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Inzaghi says Ciro will start, hopefully this is not a desperate gamble and he is really fit to play.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,874 Posts
I have total faith in Inter pulling this off. We have way more experience than Lazio when it comes to being in choking situations. We even had a dress rehearsal against Juve.

Just watch us score the leading goal in the 85th minute, Ranocchia will come on in the 89th only to score an own goal in the 91st. We'll then receive a penalty in the 93rd which Candreva (Icardi subbed off in the 90th minute for time wasting purposes) will blast into row Z.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have way more experience than Lazio when it comes to being in choking situations.
This is so not true. Our chokes are just lower profile ones.

·
Registered
57,644 Posts
I wouldn't be too annoyed if we lose/draw tbh.

EL's cool.

Attachments

·
Greta joke sharer
22,874 Posts
You're rooting for Lazio? :googly:
I'm open-minded enough to accept that it's a close fight. I'm prepared to let this game settle the dispute once and for all.

·
Registered
43,514 Posts
I'm open-minded enough to accept that it's a close fight. I'm prepared to let this game settle the dispute once and for all.

@Nerazzurri4life: Look here ^. There's your culprit. Guy prefers to lose a CL place to win an argument.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,874 Posts
Did he say the trophy is pretty like the Super Cup?
Oh man, we're awfully close to Benitez territory here. Just back away, man. Just slowly and carefully back away.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Salzburg all over again, everything was going well and then once more a period of total panic. Inzaghi as much to blame as anyone for those crazy subs.

There were so many opportunities to secure the CL spot, but this team just doesn't have the mental strength.

This really was heartbreaking. This crappy Inter team deserves absolutely nothing. But we found a way to lose to them and that leaves nothing to say.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I told you which team is the undisputed choking champion. My only regret is I only bet I few bucks on Inter win, it was bound to happen.

I hope de vrij suffers a career ending injury in his first game for Inter. And Lulic, no wonder he is a captain, he chokes with the best of them.

I feel bad for Ciro, SMS and Luis Alberto, they deserve to play in the CL but they will, for other clubs.

As for me, I officially no longer support this circus. I am free!

·
Greta joke sharer
22,874 Posts
I'm sorry man. We never deserved anything from this game, Lazio completely embarrassed Inter for most of the game. Unfortunately a couple of stupid decisions from De Vrij and Lulic gave us the win despite Spalletti and co doing their best to choke it away.

·
Registered
43,514 Posts
You're locked in for life @Anomander Rake.

Until the comeback, Lazio made it clear that they were the right team to enter the CL. Then came the madness, and worst of all, the total lack of belief in getting another goal. You had players crying on the bench and your players on the pitch were on another planet with 10 or so minutes left to go.

Don't get me wrong though; Inter has mentality problems too and is much more suited for the EL than CL. Lazio deserves the CL more than Inter, of course. But that lack of belief from your team is very disturbing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts