Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and partly makes us anxious, or at least me.

"I'm satisfied with the performances of Samp. Now we are trying to swap Donadel for another midfielder, Bettarini will leave, but not for Genoa CFC, while we won't sell Volpi for sure".

Good to know that we won't lose Volpi, while we already knew that Bettarini and Donadel were going to leave but.... Falcone??!
The newspapers in these days are interpreting the words of Falcone in the last press conference ("I'm ready to stay here but I cannot draw up the contract on my own") as an ultimatum to the management of Sampdoria so we waited for a reassurance about the new contract of Falcone too!
And even worse: on the official site there is the interview to Falcone but the part regarding the contract expiring and the renewal of the contract has been omitted.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The insiders from bogliasco seem to think Samp are concerned about Falcone's long term fitness. They don't want to spend money on a long term contract for someone who has a history of knee problems (that is why bologna got rid of him). Maybe someone should remind Marotta that Falcone is Samp's best player at the moment?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
From skysports.com
Sampdoria have rejected a bid from Real Madrid for midfielder Sergio Volpi.

Volpi was apparently targeted by Real's new director of football Arrigo Sacchi, but despite being pleased by the regard for their player Samp have rejected the bid.

"Real Madrid's offer for Volpi flatters us and the player too," said club president Riccardo Garrone.

"But anyway, no deal will be done.

"There's no point getting round a table and talking about it.

"Volpi is an essential player for Sampdoria and for this reason he's intransferable."

Volpi himself admits that he would like to consider a move to Spain.

"I'm happy about the interest," said Volpi. "I think anyone would be happy to play for Real.

"I heard about this from my agent. I want to keep my feet on the floor but I would obviously like to think about it.

"On one hand, I am happy that Garrone believes I am intransferable but from on the other I think 'let's see if they really want me and let's talk'."

I don't know how accurate this report is, but Volpi's words don't fill me with confidence. I hope he doesn't do a Bazzani on us :groan:

·
Registered
46,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not surprised. :sigh:

Talking about players who had to move to Spain, Bettarini in an interview appeared on the newspapers yesterday says that Sampdoria has ruined him. :eekani:
"If they had let me go to Valencia one year ago, Marasco wouldn't have called me and I would have not been involved in the bet scandal, I would have won the Liga and the UEFA Cup and I would also be still married. And now the management of Sampdoria even dumps me". :eekani: He could end up in the nuthouse for what he said. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts