Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with the Barca afera on the spanish cup semifinal second leg. IMO al;l this is getting out of hand! What bullshi*! What does van Gaal want the federation to do? Change the schedule, so Real have a disadvantage, no sir! It's not gonna be that easy for you! Everyone knows the game is lost for him anyway, so he could and should really chill. The crap about only having 10 players to play is pathetic, everyone knows how big the B team squad is. This is unfortuantely one of the "-". If you make a team consisted only of Dutch players, the Spanish federation cannot be expected to take that nationalteams games also into consideration. What I mean is that when the Spanish team plays, nothing can happen in la Liga or Copa del Rey - we cannot expect the RFFS to count the Dutch team too, just because the prick van Gaal is a Ajaxmaniac. I say: FUC* van Gaal, you pay for being such a dic*!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
They had no choice... They were quoted saying:
-"It would give a bad image to the game"
And they were right. If they had a full strenght team they would play.
There is no point playing with a Barca B team in a Spanish Cup semi.
I am curious about what Dutch FCB fan thinks of this....

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Ho...radical language again :), but yes, I did anger with their pretext as you. Who did they wanna fool? Such a giant club as Barca couldn't find 11 men to play? Hum...those crafty Catalonian! oh, should be Dutch! VG originally asked for delaying this match to middle of May. Did him give any respect to Real and Espanol? such a *** ** *****
I heard that they will be banned for next season's Copa del Rey by RFEF because of this boycott. Hope never see them again! A shame of Spanish football :(

G

·
I think it's RFEF's fault and Barca did the right thing, refusing to dignify RFEF's mistake by playing the match with GK Arnau playing as central defender. Barca were down 3-0 on aggregate, anyway, and the probable suspension from next year's competition would only mean less matches to be played!

Anyway, Barca sure had it coming. If they had more Spanish talent in their books, this would not have been a big issue. RFEF takes the Spanish national team's matches into consideration, not the Dutch. Their only fault was not following UEFA's (or is it FIFA's?) calendar which has scheduled this midweek for international friendlies.

It's pathetic, though, that Barca still haven't officially withdrawn. Their still hoping to play the match on May 16. That would be totally unfair. They should have the guts to simply withdraw.

BTW, Labas, what does "afera" mean?

[This message has been edited by dwMB (edited 25-04-2000).]

G

·
The problem is barcelona thinks they can control the federation by doing what they want. So what if they have injuries and players going to their national teams, the same happens with the rest of the clubs, all i can say is sucked in! thats what happens for having half the Holland team! This is pathetic i hope they get banned from playing next year

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AFERA means ??? dunno, it's polish! Sorry ;) hehe

This situation really disguists me, because the only person to be blamed for all this is Louis van Gaal! When you have a dutch colony, this had to happen sooner or later! I would ban then for next season as it would be absolutly atrocious if the game would be still moved.

dwMB, you say, you agree with barcelona. May I ask how is that? They knew this was gonna happen since 2 months and they just started hollerin' since last week. When you do everything in the lats moment it hasto end like this! Sorry. Besides everyone knows Barca could've found enough players to get the match played...

I agree it's evn more pathetic that the catalan &%$&*^%* haven't withdrwan. But I'm not surprised, they're a disgrace to football as they are and they have no honor!

Sorry R&B, ale nienajlepsza opinie sobie wystawia ta banda chujow z Katalonii! Przepraszam jeszce raz! :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Look, will people please stop thinking they know best.
VG COULDN"T play a b team, because the spanish FA wouldn't let him, ok?
They allow 3 b players, who were puyol, gabri and xavi.
So, with the 3 b players allowed under dumb spanish rules, he could only play 10 outfield players.
Now you think it makes sense to begin the game with 10 men, with one keeper as sub?
We couldn't rest players, and what if we got an injury?
All the federation had to do was work with VG's suggestions and play the game on the 16th May.
If this is the level of this competition then i don't wanna be part of it.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're a joke Oly. You say, you don't wanna be a part of the competituion, well I'll just tell you, "YOU'RE NOT" :) LOL
The truth about the matter is such:
Xavi, Puyol and Gabri are all first team players and don't lie to yourself about that...
The date 16th of May is not fair, because Real Madrid and Espanyol have a worse situation, maybe they woul dalso like to play soem other time? CASE CLOSED. It would simply not be right.
Now, van Gaal mad a complete idiot out of himslef, fielding eleven guys and then not playing, a real disgrace and I hope he's banned from next year's cup.
Be fair OLY! When he makes a team around 8 Dutchmen he can't expect the SPANISH federation to also consider this one Irregularity and construct it's league and cup games around the Dutch Barcelona. That's not the way it functions in any place in Europe and it certainly won't change for mr van Gaal.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, fine i accept that.
But please don't insult our team for something beyond their control.
I'm not saying that we should be given a new date, i'm just saying that it was beyond our control, and we shouldn't be punished for it.
By the way, Xavi, Gabri and Puyol are the 3 youth players allowed, they still play for the b team officially i think.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You gotta be kidding me! XAVI, GABRI AND PUYOL are first team regulars at the team! Thay are not from the B team, so you see van Gaal is trying to find a way out of it unfairly. And for cyin' out loud, he could've at least asked the federation to "break" the 3 player rule, so he could therefore use some of the B team guys in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but:
Nano
Babangida
Rubio
are names that I even know!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, sure, i admit that when i first heard this news my first reaction was, cool we'll get a chance to field our youth team.
But i'm very sure that VG would have done this if possible.
I mean, why would he chose to lose 3-0 by default if it wasn't the only possible course of action?
Anyway, even with those 3 (Nano is injured by the way), we still couldn't field a full bench, which still degrades the quality of the competition.
The official press release said that they owed it to the king of spain not to field a 10 man team. lol
sucking-up or what? lol :p

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is SO wrong dwMB! The spanish national team is NOT playing this week so the RFEF's decision was fair all the way. You cannot take into accoun that some Dutch moron decided to make a spanish team into a Dutch one! Sorry, that had every right to place the game where it is, especially since time is running out for the competitions this year, with the upcoming EURO 2000!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ouch! that hurt. THX a lot OLY! :) Actually I know them not from CM3, but mostly from reading you forum and different websites, plus I've seen Nano play once. Anyway everyone knows how big a bech you have, so it was logic soem youth would play. BUT NO! van Gaal had to do it!

My theory is:
van Gaal knows his team is on weak form and they need rest(5-1 against Chelsea was OK< but against Sevilla it should have been another loss fro you guys), so he thinks up this masterplan(or so he thought), that he would MAKE the spanish federation move the game!, BUT htey had none of it, and the coward VG can't except the defeat like a man! Unfortunately tue and it's a anticommercial for the Primera Liga and US - Real Madrid ;)

And like I said, the least VG could have done was ask for the 3 man B team policy to be "looked over". Federations are very leniant nowadays on these kinda things, so it really was worth a shot, but VG didn't even try. Why? My theory explains that I think...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, good theory. lol :)
But seriously, i'm not saying that we should be allowed to stay in the competition, and i'll accept being suspended next year at worst.
But please don't deny that this sistuation was not self-inflicted.
And i really am convinced that Xavi...etc are officially b team registered since they began the season in the b team.
But hey, it should be a Mardid final, good luck to all involved.
I'm sure you'd love to see Atletico relegated as much as i would this season. lol :)
It would be weird playing in eufa cup and 2nd division, huh? lol

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't you use "LOL" to often? :) LOL hehe

I find it soooooo hard to believe Xavi etc. are B team players, but go ask at the Barca forum. I'd be shocked. every team is allowed 25 players in the first team squad, so where the hell would they then come from in barca?

IMO it's a bit of van Gaal's fault - he shouldn't have built a dutch colony in Spain - he's paying for it now.

You think Atletico - 2nd divicion is weird - look at france, down there we have 2nd league Geugnon already in the UEFA cup and now this weekend 4th, yes 4th!!!!!!!!! DIVISION Pas de Calais has a chance for the same thing! That would be soemthing...

Oh and I just invented a new theory:
At the ned of the season, when Barca fire VG, he will say: It's not my fault we didn't win th treble - it's thx to the spanish federation, we were deemed for glory in the Copa del Rey :) ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, maybe i do use it too often, but my jokes are so sh|t that i need to tell you to laugh. :)
Well, let me think, i'll try to find 25 players :
Hesp, Arnau, Baia, Reiziger, de Boer, de Boer, Sergi, Zenden, Abelardo, Dehu, Bogarde, Gaurdiola, Luis Enrique, Cocu, Litmanen, Simao, Figo, Rivaldo, Kluivert, Dani, Nano (injured but is with the A team officially i think)
OK, i found only 21. lol :(
But maybe the rule applies to only 3 players u21 in the team, no?
It's possible, stupid but possible.
Anyway, the fact is that by boycotting barca did one thing that had no adverse affect on other teams.
I firmly believe that they had the right, with only 10 outfield players, to decide not to play.
It's a sound warning to other teams, don't buy several players outwith your home nation or you will get NO sympathy. lol :(
I still am sure that this was no elaborate plot by VG, because it was mainly a board decision anyway.
I have alot of respect for him and what he's done for barca. He'll never be Cryff, but he's won us 2 league titles and one cup in 2 years.
All these are more reasons for you to hate him i guess actually. :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Didn't Barce only withdraw 18 mins before the game?

G

·
Barca's lineup:

Hesp
Arnau

Reiziger
Puyol
Dehu
Abelardo
F. de Boer
Bogarde
Sergi

Luis Enrique
Litmanen
R. de Boer
Gabri
Amunike
Guardiola
Xavi
Cocu
Mario

Figo
Simao
Kluivert
Dani
Rivaldo
Zenden
Nano

Nano, Mario, Xavi, Gabri and Puyol are still, I think, B team players (that's why their numbers are all over 25; first team gets 1-25, second team over 25) but they were registered among the 25 first-team players to make up the numbers, I guess.

Labas, I think it's RFEF's fault, first and foremost, because this midweek was supposed to be for international friendlies. They would have gotten away with it if Barca had a complete team to field, but alas, nope. What could Barca do? Play anyway with Arnau as central defender? I think THAT would be a joke! You do have a point when you say Barca should have brought it up earlier. In that view, Barca's liable, too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts