Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few questions I would like to ask. In previous seasons, the Captain's armband has been wholly worn by Captain Zanetti. This season, we saw Pasquale wear it in a few preseason matches, Cordoba and now Coco. I understand that the players agreed that Coco should wear the armband but

Do you think:

That since Mancini's arrival, the Captain's Armband has become symbolic more than anything else? Does the fact that it has passed between several players reduces its significance?

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
i don't really know why coco was wearing it and i think this trend is bad for the team in terms of its direction. Who truely is the captain? And the fact that all of the captains are defenders make this even more ambiguous. Who should listen to who when we defend?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Who is the captain of Inter will be hammered out when Inter has established an identity and therefore continuity. I doubt it really matters right now but Inter will start winning things again and a true leader who epitomizes the spirit of this team will come through and lead them to glory.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Zanetti is captain

Other players only wear it when he doesn't start the matches

He never starts without wearing it

It wa sa great gesture for Coco to wear teh armband. Years ago when he first came he said he is dreaming of being INTER captain in the long term future

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Zanetti has always been captain whenever he has started. As for guys like Vieri, Coco and Pasquale, I'm sure the armband acts as an incentive to give that extra effort on the pitch more than anything else. I agree though that Coco shouldn't have been granted it last night. Bobo deserved it.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Razman said:
Zanetti has always been captain whenever he has started. As for guys like Vieri, Coco and Pasquale, I'm sure the armband acts as an incentive to give that extra effort on the pitch more than anything else. I agree though that Coco shouldn't have been granted it last night. Bobo deserved it.
Inter01 just said that it was given to Coco because other players wanted it.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Hi, checking in from vacation.

I don't think its a big problem. I think JZ is still captain unless he doesn't start. As for Bobo getting the armband, honestly I don't think armband should be given to those who feel uncomfortbale or don't care about it, and Bobo doesn't really care about it, not to say he doesn't care about Inter. Some people like being leaders, and others don't.

So I think that giving armband to Pasquale in the friendlies was good b/c it helps build his confidence and also giving it to Coco was good b/c its his first game in a year. And I don't really mind that b/c it shows our team spirit and shows that everyone is just as important.

But at the end if JZ is on field, he should get it.

I'll be back next week.

Have a good week, good luck to inter in werder and juventus(i think i might be back in time for that match)

Later from the Big Apple

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it was a good gesture by the players to allow Coco to wear the armband. I do not really have a problem with it but would like to know if the Captaincy of Mancini's Inter does not mean as much as it has in past years.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If he is on the pitch it should be worn by j.zanetti without question.
Only when the captain is not on the pitch, can other player take care of it whilst the captain is away.

I can understand coco wearing it, he has been injured for so long.
Pasquale i suppose was for confidence

I suppose after Zanetti (if he retires) the next REAL captain is Ivan Cordoba

·
Registered
8,912 Posts
Zanetti is our captain and has been for a while now, the other players wear it when he isnt on the park,although i do agree 4 the future it will be Cordoba.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Not at the rate he's going...cordoba will be lucky to play in a first division at the rate his quality of defending is droppin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts