Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gazzetta dello Sport say that Juventus and Parma already have an agreement for Cannavaro and that it will be finalized next week. The deal is said to be €25M + Brighi (or does "€25M piú Brighi" mean that it's €25M including Brighi?). Hopefully we get the full Brighi and not a loan or co-ownership. It didn't say anything in detail about this on the article so I assume it's full ownership.

As a result of this it looks like we will sell Lamouchi. Gazzetta says that Inter are interested in him now.

And on to something about one of our ex players. Sergio Conceicao risks being shipped to Chievo as part exchange for half of Corradi. :howler: I would laugh for a week if that happened. Damn, I hate that little crybaby! :fero:

Tuttosport say that Juventus will ship us Martin Palermo from Villareal as part exchange for Di Vaio. First of all it doesn't make sense. Palermo isn't the type of striker we need and second of all, this is Tuttobull. So I advice you not to believe it. :)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I would be very sad to see Canna go, but we have been preparing for it for months. 25m and Brighi would be nice, like VERDI said if we do get full Brighi. Funny about Conceicao, as he thought he was too good to play for us now, he may get dumped at Chievo.

·
Registered
119 Posts
oh ....be a canna's fans , i hate to see him wear a juve jersey
y juve very interested in parma's player so much
y don't they but the whole parma....... .. thuram > buffon > interest in canna > interest in divaio > interest in lamouchi (during last season)

any more i forget?

but i think the deal is good for parma if it is full Brighi
but it is awful for me

i don't want canna put a jail-like jersey on his body
:yuck: :yuck:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
If it's true (I'm doubting it) €25m +Brighi is a great offer. Much more then I ever thought we would get.
Sad to see him go yes, but we all knew he will leave even if this rumour turns out to be false.

Oh, and congrats Fabio to your new son! :)

We are still interested in Donati so let's see what happens wit that. No way that we'll get both Donati and Brighi.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems the €25M plus Brighi is a done deal. Confirmation will come during next week. It sounds too good to be (considering the circumstances :() true though so I still have my doubts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is not such a bad deal!
Seeing Canna leave is always sad but it was always goig to happen.
We do have very good back ups (Ferrari, Bonera and possibly Adani) but none of these guys even compare to Canna.
BUT... I believe we still will not have such a bad lineup next season. I think we will finish in the top 6 easily. I dont know about that Palermo deal, he is totally a different player compared to Di Viao. I hope Di Viao stays because I believe him and Adriano will be a lethal force like Vieri and Ronaldo.
I hope Lamouchi stays. He has been very consistent for us the whole season last season. BUT... if we get a good deal for him and have a great replacement like Brigni its not so bad.
I must admit Lamouchi and Cannavaro are my favourite players and i really dont want them to be solod but i seriously think that we will be a scudetto force in about 3 years time (meaning we will have to keep our youth of today and not sell all our good players like we do every friggin year!)
Its time for our youth to step up and i have faith in them and hoping you guys do as well!

FORZA PARMA!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
My question is, do Parma get to keep Brighi or is it a 1 year loan? Can't beleive we would give one of the best midfield prospects in Italy away, even if it is for Cannavarvo.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My italian isn't very good but the article spoke about a definite move for Brighi, yes.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I feel for Parma fans.

Fabio Cannavaro is a quality Central Defender and its sad for him to leave Parma but i think he has served them well.

As for Juventus they just like to buy every other teams icons.Nesta-Cannavaro-Nedved-Thuram-Buffon

I hate Juventus they are the devil's team.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
It is always going to be sad to loose such a loyal servant to the club, but then again for Brighi/Donati & €25m, well I don't think could reject it, which means Tanzi certainly won't.

We are resigned to losing him now.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
There is really no point in whining about loosing Cannavaro. We knew it was always going to happen and I wish him all the best. Both club and Fabio want this move.

Now, I think that signing Adani is a must. I could swallow Costacurta as the 5th defender though I do think Sensini, Benarrivo and Torrisi are better players... But if Sacchi signs Costacurta as a 4th defender I am going to be really sick. :mad:

As for Brighi, I think both him and Sabri can co-exist... please?!? :)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
If this is really the truth and we get Brighi then it's as most of us think a good deal.

About how the midfield would look that's still somewhat of a mystery.
I don't see why Lamouchi-Brighi wouldn't succed togheter. Personally I think it would be the best option. But from what Baraldi and others have said it seems Parma are willing to cash in on Lamouchi while they can. And for a 31 year old player $10 m or whatever the rumours are, is pretty much. On the other hand he's the best 31-year old in the world (Oh, yes he is! :stuckup: )
I still think Nakata could be fought of to play central midfield. And Matuzalem will probably get loads of playingtime too.
But there's no inquestionable centralmidfield duo for next season at the moment.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think that the old Parma is lost... Cannavaro was the last big player from the (near) past. We must let him go, this is our destiny. Don't wonder on this! Selling the bests is Parma's trademark!

Parma is building now a new team and Fabio will SURELY not take part of it! I hope Sacchi leads us on right ways!:rolleyes:

If Sacchi wants to sell Lamouchi than let him do it! After they sold Dino Baggio and Cannavaro - my favourites - It doesn't interest me if a Lamouchi dude leaves us!

Let's buy Palermo! He is a good idea!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Juve set to pull out of race for Italy stars

Monday 24th June 2002

Marcello Lippi has revealed that Juventus are likely to drop their interest in both Alessandro Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro unless Lazio and Parma agree to lower their asking prices.

Speculation linking the Azzurri defenders with moves has followed the pair all summer. But Internazionale pulled out of the race to sign £30 million-rated Nesta last week and Juve now appear set to follow suit.

"It's 99 per cent certain that they'll stay at their clubs because they are priced out of this market," the Juve coach said.

"We have made a programme for the transfer market, and we'll see if we pull off what we planned. We'll know in the next two weeks," Lippi added. "Last season Juventus showed we are a solid group and that we don't need anyone."

One new face in Lippi's squad is young midfielder Matteo Brighi who impressed last season on loan at Bologna and is being sought by Lazio in part-exchange for Nesta.

Lippi, however, is unwilling to lose the 21-year-old.

"Next season will be the year of Matteo Brighi, one of the best young midfielders in Italy," Lippi said. "He has all the important mental and technical qualities and he can play anywhere in midfield."

Lippi is also looking for Del Piero to put his World Cup disappointment behind him by spearheading the Bianconeri's title challenge.

"I spent my holiday watching the World Cup matches on TV," Lippi said. "I'm disappointed for Italy but especially for Alex Del Piero. I really liked his attitude. Even when he was out of the side he didn't cause a fuss.

"For the first time in his career he was in his best form going into an important tournament.

"I spoke with him a lot with by phone and he told me he was calm, relaxed and in good shape. It seemed the right moment for him, but unfortunately…"

Lippi was still hurting from Italy's controversial defeat to South Korea.

"I didn't appreciate the referees' performances or that of the linesmen," he said.

"It's a scandal that no Italian linesmen was in Korea or Japan. I'm sorry for the Italy national team because we could have gone to the final.

"After getting through the group phase the squad believed in that. We were a team ready to explode.

"I'm sure Italian football will soon forget about this," he added. "When the players returned to Italy, fans celebrated them because they understood what had happened during the World Cup.

"I don't want to talk about plots, but it's obvious that we were heavily penalised."

Very difficult to know what's going on... As always...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'll be delighted if Canna stays, & delighted if we get €20 + Brighi or Donati, so it is a win/win situation really:)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I really admire ur optimistic attitude.:cool: . Its must be really hurting and difficult to be a Parma fan nowdays. :( How can Tanzi go on and sell all its star players is beyond me.:eekani: :rollani: . He wants to make loads of money, I think :greed: , but at what cost??

Hope u ppl and Parma become a great side u used to be.:hopefull:

Ciao

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Well the thing is that if it wasn't for the Tanzi family, Calisto especially, AC Parma would still be a team playing in Serie C, general nobodies.

And the current situation assures that while Lazio & other big spending teams struggle to survive we are doing fine, & do not have to buy any players for a while because the team we are putting together now could last 10 years:cool:

But boy, can it get frustrating.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I just saw that Barcelona has made contact with Parma about Cannavaro.
Maybe a moneyinvolved swap with Rochemback in the running.

Which would be just as fine as Donati and Brighi imo.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Not Rochemback instead of Brighi/Donati. PLEASE

He just hasn't impressed me much at all with Barca, & anyway, players who play in Spain normally suck in Italy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts