Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we should have a thread dedicated to talking about the Bundesliga in general. No copy and pastes, please (you know who you are ;) ).

The fixtures this weekend are:

Saturday.

Bayern Munich vs. Borussia Dortmund
Bochum vs. Freiburg
Hamburger SV vs. Kaiserslautern
Hannover vs. Werder Bremen
Mainz vs. Arminia Bielefeld
Nurnberg vs. Bayer Leverkusen
Wolfsburg vs. Hansa Rostock

Sunday.

Monchengladbach vs. Schalke
Stuttgart vs. Hertha BSC

The Bayern Munich vs. Borussia Dortmund is the obvious big game to watch. With Dortmund's crippling financial problems, I can only see a home win :( But this game means a lot to the fans and the players, so anything can happen.

It'll also be interesting to see if Schalke can keep the pressure on Bayern where they face a tricky away game against Monchengladbach.

Stuttgart vs. Hertha BSC is another potential cracker.

·
Registered
59,191 Posts
if any copy and paste appears, then I'll make sure it'll be deleted ASAP :pp

I reckon Bayern will nick it today. Should be a tough one for them as Dortmund have improved but Bayern always seem to win when they need to. How predictable am I :sleepy: :D

I expect Stuttgart to drop more points on Sunday too as they haven't been in the greatest of form lately, drawing against Parma B :eek: and with Hertha being on a good of form lately, I can see them getting a draw at least, if not maybe all 3 points!

Wolfsburg vs Rostock is an interesting one too . Gerets is now under the cosh after his bad run and Rostock now with Litmanen have had their problems too in the past week with their Namibian RB who got sacked for alcohol abuse. I read Hamburg were actually looking into him but decided not to take him. You gutted Rothose? :D

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bayern Munich 5 - 0 Borussia Dortmund
Bochum 3 - 1 Freiburg
Hamburger SV 2 - 1 Kaiserslautern
Hannover 1 - 4 Werder Bremen
Mainz 0 - 0 Arminia Bielefeld
Nurnberg 2 - 4 Bayer Leverkusen
Wolfsburg 4 - 0 Hansa Rostock

I watched the Hannover-Bremen game, and the score certainly flattered Werder. Some poor concentration cost Hannover dearly at the start - a poor free kick my Magnin went through 4 players and somehow it ended up in the net :wallbang: And where was the marking for Borowski's goal? It was a fine shot, but Borowski should never have had so much time to place his shot.

Hannover worked hard in trying to overcome the two goal deficit and deserved their goal. But Bremen's counter attacks in the second half caught Hannover out and they scored two excellent goals (Ernst's goal was class :star: ). In the end, Bremen simply had more quality and took their chances very well.

Bayern 5-0 Dortmund: :( It's saddening to see Dortmund like this. But Bayern played very well and after their awful performance against Bielefeld, a backlash was expected. Now lets see how they perform against Arsenal.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Wally said:
Wolfsburg vs Rostock is an interesting one too . Gerets is now under the cosh after his bad run and Rostock now with Litmanen have had their problems too in the past week with their Namibian RB who got sacked for alcohol abuse. I read Hamburg were actually looking into him but decided not to take him. You gutted Rothose? :D
Rostock's performance was really disgusting today. Seemingly they've already given up.
I don't really mind that Tjikuzu won't come. He is a very talented player but seemingly his brain can't keep up at all with his footballing talent. He was thrown out at Werder for drinking, now the same happened to him in Rostock - pretty clear what would have happened with him in a city like Hamburg. He would have spent more time at the Reeperbahn than on the training ground or at home ...
It was a very hard match for us today against Kaiserslautern and we were a bit lucky, though the win was deserved overall. Great performance by van Buyten again - he's probably the best defender in the league at the moment.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Monchengladbach 1 - 3 Schalke
Stuttgart 1 - 0 Hertha BSC

I saw the Monchengladbach-Schalke game, and what a game it was! It was end to end stuff, especially near the end of the first half and the beginning of the second half. Monchengladbach started brightly, but Schalke remained disciplined (even if they did concede a silly penalty).

Ailton fluffed 2 great chances after Monchengladbach's goal, but he made the most of Strasser's defensive error and that really swung things in Schalke's favour. Schalke continued to pile on the pressure in the second half and their attacks tore Monchengladbach apart. Ailton :star: was impressive with his cool finishing, but I thought Asamoah was brilliant as well. Monchengladbach tried to fight back, but they ran out of steam.

So every team in the top six won - I think the Bundesliga title will go right down to the wire :devil:

By the way, Schalke's fans were impressive :star:

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Could someone help me out?

I want to know the meaning behind Arminia Bielefeld. Who first created this team, and why did they name it what they did? Does it have anything to do with Armenia?

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Magnin's goal was luck, lol no way that shouldve gone in. But i dont mind :)

Borowski's goal was good, but whats great is that he did THE EXACT SAME THING 5 minutes later by the linesman flagged for abseits (which he wasnt)

Ernst's goal was amazing! and for anyone that hasnt seen it, ive made this .gif

And Zidan's goal was great too, lol it was funny that Hannover only put one marker on him, they should know how good he is in one-on-one situations...

he was Zidan's goal :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts