Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the time of the year when we look back upon the year that is about to end. Looking back at the events that occured. The joys and dissapointments that were part of this year. Let us take a look at what the year 2004 was for us Milanisti.

Part A: The 2004 Brotherhood's Awards.

1. Best moment/memory of 2004 as a Milanista.

# 17. :stuckup::proud: And in a totally dominating way! A record breaking season!:stuckup:

2. Biggest dissapointment of 2004.

The La Coruña fiasco...:sob: as we were clearly the best team in Europe and the CL was all ours, within our grasp...:groan:

3. Best match of the year.

Can't decide, so I'll pick 3:
a) Milan-Depor first leg 4-1 (could and should have been 5-1 if not 6-1 had it not been for the lousy and incompetent lines-men...:groan: )
b) Roma-Milan (06th, January 2004) where all the Italian Media's attention were as to how many goals would this mighty Roma team would score past this Milan in crisis, we went out and gave an unforgettable footballing Lesson to Don Fabio and his side!
c) Juve-Milan of last weekend. We totally and utterly outplayed, out dominated Juve in their own stadium in an embarassing way. As usual, Juve were saved from the providential intervention and help of their 12th men...:groan::rollani: But it was chrystal clear for all to see which was the best team. By FAR. :stuckup:

4. Best Milanista of the year..

Who else than Lo Tzar :star:

5. Biggest thrill of the year.

The come back win in the Derby last February. Seeing Clarence score that final goal was simply PRICELESS. :howler::jester:

6. Revelation of the year.

Saying Kaka' would be the obvious choice, however, for anyone who had seen him before playing with São Paulo would have already realized that he was something. Therefore, I'd say Pippo Pancaro. Not that he was an unknown player, but he has very positively surprised us all last season, proving to be yet another masterful move by the Genius of all Devils, :devil: Zio Fester :devil:

7. Under-achiever of the year

I'd say Rui Costa. He may have extenuating circumstances for his performances below his usual standards of excellence. I truly miss those defence splitting assists with the chirurgical precision that only he is able to. Hoping that Il Musagete will give us more of those delicious caviars to our players. The assist against Real in November of 2002 is the most beautiful and incredible assist I have ever seen!:stuckup:

8.The player we have missed the most?

He may not be the most skillful nor the strongest or the fastest of all players. However, when he is fit, he is a deadly poison for any defence and an invaluable asset and indispensable member of our team. Alta Tensione is also blessed with an uncanny to some extent electrifying and galvanising charisma and leadership that transcends the rest of the team. His commitment and dedication to the Brotherhood cause is not to be denied. May he be healthy as soon as possible for his goals are a leathal weapon for us. Oh and I want to be screaming with all my forces and powers again ANCH'IO PIPPO COME MARADONA!!! :star:

9. Best addition to the team this past year.

Again, I won't say Kaka as I knew what kind of player he was and he wasn't a revelation to me (despite his superb performances throughout the year :star: ) but to me, the best addition that took our team to a higher level was an another Brasilian. Probably the most respected of all: Il Pendolino Cafu. He has been a true blessing for us in the right flank, giving us that extra bite on the right that we have been missing since the legendary Luci a San Siro retired. :sob: I have lost count of the number of assists he delivered. Even at 34, he is still the best right back in the world!:stuckup:

10. Player that has yet to show his true worth

I'd say Vikash Dhorassoo. He is a very skillful and versatile player. He only needs to be felt the trust of the coach and his teammates for him to be totally liberated. Specially mentally. I hope he is given more opportunities in the 2nd half of the season as he could be a secret weapon to us. His runs with the ball as he can get past players in a disconcerting ease can be vital to us, specially against tight defences. ALLEZ VIKASH!!!:thmbup:

11. Best transfer move by Milan

To me, even tough the signing of Jaap Stam is huge which makes our defence even strong than it currently is (if that is possible in the first place!:dazed::stuckup: ), the best signing has been Hernanito Crespo. To get a striker of his calibre for peanuts is yet another tribute to the geniality of this :devil: DEVIL :devil: of Galliani. And now that Valdanito is fit and has retrieved his golden touch, there will be pain for the opposition! One of my secret wishes is to see him bang a pair in the next Derby! :drool:
:jester:

12. Best defender.

I'd say it's a tough one as we are blessed and privileged to have the world's 2 absolute best in our roaster in Maldini and Nesta. IMHO, more and more Sandro Magno is establishing himself as the boss at the back. Cuore di Drago is grooming him to become his heir and Sandro is living up to the expectations. :star:

13. Best midfielder.

Very tough one as all the starters (Ringhio, Pirlo, Clarence and Kaka) all are indispensable to the team in their own respective manners. However, IMHO, the most indispensable and crucial of all for the team, for his importance has to be Pirlo. He is the one who makes things happen in midfield. Every ball passes through his magical feet. Every action starts first in his brain and then is translated into reality by his silky feet. When Pirlo is on song, Milan are unstoppable. However, if Andrea is in a off day...:nervous:

Also, Ringhio may not the most flashy nor the most skilled of all, but he is also truly indispensable for his infinite and precious hard work in midfield. He runs like 3, always fair and always available to give a hand to the teammate. Probably the future captain of Milan!:stuckup:

14. Best forward.

Should we even contemplate the thought of discussing about it? It's as chrystal clear as it gets!:stuckup: After the Pallone d'Oro, Tomasson has played a crucial role for us. His 15 goals last season were vital. However, this season, he has had some problems to score, hoping that the new year will bring back his Provvidential touch!:hopefull: I'm also optimistic with the re-emergence of Crespo. Plus dno't forget that a certain Super Pippo is expected to be back in a month or so!:hopefull: This season, more and more it looks that Crespo will be the one to give those 15-20 goals that we should expect from a 2nd striker to complement the 30+ of Vento di Passioni.

15 What do you wish for the up coming year for Milan?

I'd want a healthy team, for our injured players to get back soon and stay healthy. For Crespo to gain his golden touch and become super hot as he was with Parma and Lazio. For JDT to continue banging in those goals coming off the bench. For Pippo to become again the unstoppable Alta Tensione for us all to be screaming again and again PIPPO COME MARADONA :stuckup: :jester: And of course, for the team to get in top gear as they did last year after January en route to # 17 and this time en route to # 18!:stuckup: And not to make the same deadly mistake as last year in Europe as we do have the qualities, depth and talent and mental to go for the Graal # 7! With Sheva finishing again Capo-Cannoniere in Serie A and score say 10 in the CL and go onto to win the Ballon d'Or again!:devil:

16. Realistic expectations for the team for 2005.

I dont want to sound cocky nor a lunatic, but we have the means to go one step higher than the 2 previous seasons by winning in the same season both the Champions League and the Scudetto! Anything less than an accoppiatta would be considered underachievement IMHO. :stuckup:

17. Special 2004 Excellence Award

There may be a few who would be worthy winners of such an award, however, the one who deserves it the most IMHO, has to be the eternal Billy Costacurta :star: . 38 years old and still able to deliver strong performances when called up. Or monumental when the occasion rises in the big ones such last weekend against Juve at the Delle Alpi. He made a meal of Ibrahimovic (who could be his son if you look at both's age! :eekani: ). A true Professore of the highest order and calibre. I hope that Zio Fester will renew his contract for yet another year!:stuckup: I personally would take Billy over the majority of younger defenders! He is a true perl! Simply unique! I'm lost for words for him! :star:

18. Most beautiful Milan goal of the year.
Call me biased, but I'd have to say the rocket from 30 metres by Clarence in the Derby last February. :jester: I still have shivers thinking of that goal. Not to mention the sight of the Cugini seeing Calamity Clarence stabbing them in such a delightful manner! :devil:

19. Most important Milan goal of the season

The goal that gave us # 17 by who else than Sheva against Roma at home!:stuckup::devil:

20. Best performance by a single Milanista in a game this year

I'd have to say Cuore di Drago's :star: match against Lazio in the Super Cup in August. He was simply unbelievable!!!:eekani:

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Part B: Xtratime Milan Fans Awards

1. Best addition to the forum

Coming out of the blue to establish himself within a few short weeks, if not days as THE Milanista by excellence, the one that we all look up to as an exemple of how the ideal and perfect Milanista should be like!His vast knowledge, first hand experience of the day to day matters of the Brotherhood make him rightfully the worthy winner of such an award.

2. Milan Xtratime 2004 Ballon d'Or

We have some great characters in here, however, the 2004 Milan Xtratime Ballon d'Or goes to the one who's become in a very short period of time the soul of this forum, Diavolo. :devil::star: Here Presidente, this is for you!

3. Funniest Milan poster

Again, by his versatility, I have to say Diavolo. When he takes about Inter, he can make me literally ROTFL. :howler: Haroon is a worthy runner-up in that category! We would need to create a special, hors catégorie for Bono as he is a born clown in his truly unique manner...:jester:

4. Best analyst

Haroon and his novel likes previews and posts are a joy to read (that is if one has time to kill reading those mega loooooooooooooooooong posts...:tongue: ). Keep up the good work amigo.

5. Your fav non-Milanista poster

Tough one. Really. But if I were to make one name, it'd have to be Jern. He is a born clown and always a good laugh. Class fellow this Gunner.

As a matter of fact, I'd have to say that the Gunners aer some of the coolest folks around and who are always up for a good laugh, always with the spirit of the game and taking banter to new hights. Unlike some other over-ly sensitive sissies that we have accross town...:groan::jester:

6. Your fav forum beside the Milan one.

The Arsenal forum. The Appiano Gentile Circus. :jester: And I also enjoy reading the Brasileiro forum.

7. Best Thread of the year.
I'd have to say it's a tough one as we've had some truly gems of threads in our forum. The nominees are:
The Funny Thread, by Diavolo
The Massimo Moratti Xtratime Milan Fan Club :jester: , by yours truly
100 reasons why it's worth living being a Milanista :proud: , by yours truly
You will not find this in the papers by Diavolo. Outstanding stuff!!!:star:

8. Milanista with the best potential
The First Knight of the Brotherhood, aka Peive!:devil: Bern is also a guy I enjoy reading, specially when it comes to the highly sophisticated matter of trim and trimmed delicacies. :lala::D

9. Poster who should have been a Milanista and has been a Milanista in secret all his life

Martino (# 10 ) :stuckup:
Martino, we all know your deeply rooted love for the Brotherhood. :devil: For the sake of your soul, stop wasting the best years of your life with that boring, old snobby Giuve and come to the light, brillance and petulance of Il Diavolo!:devil: The Brotherhood will welcome you in open arms!:stuckup:

10. Best Film of the Year

The X-Men. :stuckup: :jester::thmbup:

(IF image is not visible, just copy past this link to another window)
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/yellowlyon/x-men.jpg

11. Best book of the year

:stuckup::star: :jester:

12. Beer of the Year .
:stuckup::lick:

13. The lucky Number. Man of the year
:stuckup::jester:

Once again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!!!:shades::cool: :devil:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Great thread Payman :cool: having said that I agree on most of your techincal points included in the first post, I shall share my views in the next few days, as I still have to evaluate a couple of things :smileani:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Part A: The 2004 Brotherhood's Awards.

Seedorf's missile vs Inter :horny: San Siro turning wild :devil: :scared: :devil:

The La Coruña fiasco... :doh:

Can't decide, so I'll pick 3:
a) Milan-Depor first leg 4-1 (could and should have been 5-1 if not 6-1 had it not been for the lousy and incompetent lines-men... ) :thmbup:
b) Roma-Milan (06th, January 2004) where all the Italian Media's attention were as to how many goals would this mighty Roma team would score past this Milan in crisis, we went out and gave an unforgettable footballing Lesson to Don Fabio and his side! :thmbup:
c) Juve-Milan of last weekend. We totally and utterly outplayed, out dominated Juve in their own stadium in an embarassing way. As usual, Juve were saved from the providential intervention and help of their 12th men... But it was chrystal clear for all to see which was the best team. By FAR. :thmbup:
I would like to add Samp vs Milan 3-0 :cool:

Who else than Lo Tzar :thmbup:

The come back win in the Derby last February. Seeing Clarence score that final goal was simply PRICELESS. :thmbup:
I would loke to add Billy's performance last week vs Juve, having been told just 5 minutes prior to the match that he was going to play :cool:
Dida's save vs Ajax :cool: :dazed: :cool:
The Munk Scream :cool: :shades: :cool: :howler:
Sheva's 2nd goal in Rome :cool:

Saying Kaka' would be the obvious choice, however, for anyone who had seen him before playing with São Paulo would have already realized that he was something. Therefore, I'd say Pippo Pancaro. Not that he was an unknown player, but he has very positively surprised us all last season, proving to be yet another masterful move by the Genius of all Devils, Zio Fester :thmbup:

I'd say Rui Costa. He may have extenuating circumstances for his performances below his usual standards of excellence. I truly miss those defence splitting assists with the chirurgical precision that only he is able to. Hoping that Il Musagete will give us more of those delicious caviars to our players. The assist against Real in November of 2002 is the most beautiful and incredible assist I have ever seen! :thmbup:

He may not be the most skillful nor the strongest or the fastest of all players. However, when he is fit, he is a deadly poison for any defence and an invaluable asset and indispensable member of our team. Alta Tensione is also blessed with an uncanny to some extent electrifying and galvanising charisma and leadership that transcends the rest of the team. His commitment and dedication to the Brotherhood cause is not to be denied. May he be healthy as soon as possible for his goals are a leathal weapon for us. Oh and I want to be screaming with all my forces and powers again ANCH'IO PIPPO COME MARADONA!!! :thmbup:

Again, I won't say Kaka as I knew what kind of player he was and he wasn't a revelation to me (despite his superb performances throughout the year ) but to me, the best addition that took our team to a higher level was an another Brasilian. Probably the most respected of all: Il Pendolino Cafu. He has been a true blessing for us in the right flank, giving us that extra bite on the right that we have been missing since the legendary Luci a San Siro retired. I have lost count of the number of assists he delivered. Even at 34, he is still the best right back in the world! :thmbup:

I'd say Vikash Dhorassoo. He is a very skillful and versatile player. He only needs to be felt the trust of the coach and his teammates for him to be totally liberated. Specially mentally. I hope he is given more opportunities in the 2nd half of the season as he could be a secret weapon to us. His runs with the ball as he can get past players in a disconcerting ease can be vital to us, specially against tight defences. ALLEZ VIKASH!!! :thmbup:

To me, even tough the signing of Jaap Stam is huge which makes our defence even strong than it currently is (if that is possible in the first place! ), the best signing has been Hernanito Crespo. To get a striker of his calibre for peanuts is yet another tribute to the geniality of this DEVIL of Galliani. And now that Valdanito is fit and has retrieved his golden touch, there will be pain for the opposition! One of my secret wishes is to see him bang a pair in the next Derby! :thmbup:

12. Best defender.

I'd say it's a tough one as we are blessed and privileged to have the world's 2 absolute best in our roaster in Maldini and Nesta. IMHO, more and more Sandro Magno is establishing himself as the boss at the back. Cuore di Drago is grooming him to become his heir and Sandro is living up to the expectations. :thmbup:

13. Best midfielder.

Very tough one as all the starters (Ringhio, Pirlo, Clarence and Kaka) all are indispensable to the team in their own respective manners. However, IMHO, the most indispensable and crucial of all for the team, for his importance has to be Pirlo. He is the one who makes things happen in midfield. Every ball passes through his magical feet. Every action starts first in his brain and then is translated into reality by his silky feet. When Pirlo is on song, Milan are unstoppable. However, if Andrea is in a off day... :thmbup:

Also, Ringhio may not the most flashy nor the most skilled of all, but he is also truly indispensable for his infinite and precious hard work in midfield. He runs like 3, always fair and always available to give a hand to the teammate. Probably the future captain of Milan! :thmbup:

14. Best forward.

Should we even contemplate the thought of discussing about it? It's as chrystal clear as it gets! After the Pallone d'Oro, Tomasson has played a crucial role for us. His 15 goals last season were vital. However, this season, he has had some problems to score, hoping that the new year will bring back his Provvidential touch! I'm also optimistic with the re-emergence of Crespo. Plus dno't forget that a certain Super Pippo is expected to be back in a month or so! This season, more and more it looks that Crespo will be the one to give those 15-20 goals that we should expect from a 2nd striker to complement the 30+ of Vento di Passioni. :thmbup:

Coppa Italia :star:

Coppa Italia :star: .

There may be a few who would be worthy winners of such an award, however, the one who deserves it the most IMHO, has to be the eternal Billy Costacurta . 38 years old and still able to deliver strong performances when called up. Or monumental when the occasion rises in the big ones such last weekend against Juve at the Delle Alpi. He made a meal of Ibrahimovic (who could be his son if you look at both's age! ). A true Professore of the highest order and calibre. I hope that Zio Fester will renew his contract for yet another year! I personally would take Billy over the majority of younger defenders! He is a true perl! Simply unique! I'm lost for words for him! :cool: :star: :cool:

Sheva's goal vs Samp :cool:

The goal that gave us # 17 by who else than Sheva against Roma at home! :thmbup:

I'd have to say Cuore di Drago's match against Lazio in the Super Cup in August. He was simply unbelievable!!! :cool: :star: :cool:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Part B: Xtratime Milan Fans Awards

Having said that every Milanista in his own personal way is a great addition to the Devilhood :devil: I personally am not able to list names. I will just add that thatnks to every single little Devil here: WE ARE THE BEST :stuckup: :shades: :stuckup:

7. Best Thread of the year.
Every single one is unvaluable :stuckup:

9. Poster who should have been a Milanista and has been a Milanista in secret all his life

Martino (# 10 )
Martino, we all know your deeply rooted love for the Brotherhood. For the sake of your soul, stop wasting the best years of your life with that boring, old snobby Giuve and come to the light, brillance and petulance of Il Diavolo! The Brotherhood will welcome you in open arms! :shades: :devil: :shades:
I know that their are another few that "secretly" were Blessed by Lucifer himself :devil: They will eventually come to turms with it (They mainly pretend to focus on EPL ;) ) :stuckup:

10. Best Film of the Year

The X-Men. :shades:

(IF image is not visible, just copy past this link to another window)
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/yellowlyon/x-men.jpg

11. Best piece of art of the year :shades:

Once again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!!! :shades:

·
Registered
4,160 Posts

Lo scudetto :thmbup:

Both games against La Crunia :eekani: . We should have one the first game with 2-3 more goals had it not been for that totaly incompetent linesmen. The return leg :frownani:

We should have crushed Juve with a bigger margin. :fero:

Second derby of the year. Seedorf :heart: :stuckup:

Sheva and Cafu

Defenatly the comeback against the beloved ones. :stuckup:

Kaka. He dumped Rivaldo out and sent Rui to warm up the bench.

Laursen. After a bright start to the season, his form dipped rapidley and soon he was the new Roque Jr.

P-I-P-P-O :frownani: :heart: :star:

For me , this is a tie beetween Cafu and Kaka.Thier addition was a master move by :devil: HIM :devil: .

Rui.... :undecide:

Cafu.... We badly needed someone to take care of one of our wings. To have a 33-34 year old "washed-up" ex-romanista doing it was for me the best transfer.

12. Best defender.

Nesta

13. Best midfielder.

Gattuso :boxing: our future captian I hope :cool:

14. Best forward.

Sheva....

Winning titles.
The last Juve-Milan match gave me alot of satisfaction ( apart from the 0-0 ). I want to see Milan performing like that and winning more often. If possible ;)

Coppa ;)

Payman said:
There may be a few who would be worthy winners of such an award, however, the one who deserves it the most IMHO, has to be the eternal Billy Costacurta . 38 years old and still able to deliver strong performances when called up. Or monumental when the occasion rises in the big ones such last weekend against Juve at the Delle Alpi. He made a meal of Ibrahimovic (who could be his son if you look at both's age! ). A true Professore of the highest order and calibre. I hope that Zio Fester will renew his contract for yet another year! I personally would take Billy over the majority of younger defenders! He is a true perl! Simply unique! I'm lost for words for him!
:thmbup:

Seedorf´s winner againt the cugini and Gattuso´s goal away at Perugia.

Sheva´s brace against Roma at Olympico. Thats when we turned the pressure on Roma.

Billy at the Olympico. :proud:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
peive_17 said:

Coppa ;)

:

Italia?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Diavolo said:
Or perhaps the Birra Moretti? Or how about the Trofeo Tim?:hopefull:

Hopefully we can capture at least one of them...:hopefull: ;)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
San Siro said:

Cheers.;)
Lord Payman has spoken :devil: ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
peive_17 said:
Lord Payman has spoken :devil: ;)
With the blessing of First Knight Peive 17 :stuckup:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
San Siro said:

Cheers.;)
Wouldn't that be some sought of over achievement for Inter? :howler:

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
crap .

we ain't clowns ! cut this joker/clown/funny thing off.
we are damn serious ppl in a damn serious forum of The Arsenal FC. :stuckup:

nEEbz ;)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
1. Best moment of 2004 as a Milanista.

Finally winning the title again after 4 years.

2. Biggest disappointment of 2004.

Losing 4-0 to Deportivo. We should have won the tournament again.

Milan 3-2 Inter.

Shevchenko.

Coming back against Inter from 0-2 to win 3-2.

Kaka`.

Abbiati. The 1999 Scudetto saviour is just in horrible form whenever he plays.

A fully fit Inzaghi.

Cafu and Kaka`. Maybe Kaka` just edges him for his goals (which wins matches).

Crespo.

Cafu for free was one of the best moves in recent history.

12. Best defender.

Nesta.

13. Best midfielder.

Gattuso.

14. Best forward.

Shevchenko.

The double.

The double, or at least one of them.

Cafu.

Seedorf´s winner against Inter and Kaka's goal against Deportivo.

Shevchenko's goals against Roma. Each and every one of them.

Shevchenko against Roma at the start of 2004 and his matches against Lazio at the beginning of 04/05.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts