Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided its useless to bash our team and management in all the other threads, considering it is the same thing over and over.

Therefore, I say we use this thread to bash all the crap we hate about our club and feel we need changed.

I'll start:

• Wenger's trying to have his cake and eat it too. (want's to play his free flowing football without buying the right quality until its too late.)
  • Wenger continuing to be ignorant of injuries playing a part in our season
  • Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner, Eboue, Vela, etc... (some of them need to leave and some need to be sat firmly on the bench.)
  • Our players need a kick up the ass. (they were walking the last 10 minutes today. I don't care if they are tired, show some real drive)
  • Ignorant, blind fans who would follow our manager, not the club, into the third division.

What needs to change:

• If we don't get the champions league spot, then we need a change of ownership with some money to inject. (not only then can we atract top class players without champions league, but we can try and keep Cesc, RVP, Gallas, etc...)
  • If Wenger doesn't like that then he can piss off. I'm tired of his shit philosophy and stubborn mind. (Even Ferguson would be asked to leave if Man United didn't make it to the champions league while playing this crap.)
  • Wenger is right about something, we need to try and keep our top stars. However, his stupid philosophy of our golden generation likely won't do it. Money might.

By the way, if our players all of a sudden kick into gear and we make the champions league and become a great team again, then you guys can bring up this thread and bash me however much you want. I guarantee I will still be the happiest fan on here.

Gunners 4 ever. :proud:

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
It's been a difficult season to say the least. The failings achieved last season were blamed on luck (or misfortune) and injuries to key members. I'm not sure what Wenger could blame for the failings on show this season as this is his squad and he has reiterated his contentment towards it many times. The board have claimed he has the funding to buy players and he made a club-record signing in January, thus adding weight to the boards claim. He must feel the unease felt by the supporters who boo most matchdays now, so if he doesn't act upon this he should be held accountable.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
I dont know anymore. Its hard to really understand fully how we went from the 2004 unbeatables to this. Youth policy is a shambles and largely at fault but I guess nothing could be done to keep Flamini who decided to leave. Last season we were actually a very good team which is hard to believe. Its the crap in 2006 and 2007 plus this season that adds to the overall negativity. Winning nothing since 2005 says it all.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
It that same old story hey ... This pretty naive football with kids wont get us anywhere .. we realy needed very good exspiernced tough players in there ... mixed wth youngsters ..

I feel Arsene has virtualy gven the 'power' to these younglings ..with NO one to keep their heads in check .. and then you start getting situations like Galas, VNP, Adebayor and his inflated ego ..etc .. younngsters thinking they'v made it ..

thats dangerous .. when you have a very young side like this .. Who are they going to learn from ..?

I know Arsene and some gooners will protest this team is ging to get better and more exspiernced this time next season ... I say theyr getting worse .. the last 3 seasons have proved this ..

Theyr getting expsiernced and better at staying average ...

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
There is plenty wrong with the club. How many captains have we had in this team this season ffs? There is zero leadership and it falls on Cesc to be that man at such a young age. Says it all. The team is "wrong".

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I love Arsene, but He's not GOD .. Gooners have a major problem when it comes to thinking about life without him ... Manchester United are linked to Mourinhuo when Sir Alex goes

What about us...? Whats our plan B...?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Heres a lil context and perspective to put yee Arsene defenders and martyrs, that will attest to keeping him no matter what ..

The last trophy we won was the FA cup ...over Man United .. If I recall well .. United totaly dominated us in that game .. Rooney & Cristiano were making bitches of us .. Young and fiery ..but lots of potential ... Unlucky for them to lose on penaties ..

BUT theyv both gone on to become world class players .. The United Squad was refreshed and the depth they have built up is the best in the league .. and theres great value in exspiernce in older players ..

eg: VAn Der Sa, Giggs, Scholes,

Theyv got Tevez on the BENCH!! Decent players wh do the job like fletcher & carrick etc

Sir Alex was under tons of pressure like never in his career...but Thy made the right moves and rejigged their squad .. overpaid or not, they made moves to ensure they WIN ... NO chances taken ..
Theyv since added 2 Premiership trophies 1 more at the end of this season (3), A League Cup trophy (1) 1 WORLD Club Championship (1) and a Champions league to defend..(1)

Thats 5 trophies ! potentialy another 3 could be added ...

and we're struggling with Bendtner...Denilson ...Eboue & Co .. if you think we even deserve a league title , you must be joking ...

The main thing is , Arsenal's whole destiny & fate depends on an injured 20 year old midfielder ...we'v become a ONE MAN Team ..

Unnexesptable .. and our managers willing to continue with the status quo...

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I love Arsene, but He's not GOD .. Gooners have a major problem when it comes to thinking about life without him ... Manchester United are linked to Mourinhuo when Sir Alex goes

What about us...? Whats our plan B...?
Plan B is beat WBA than Burnley and Roma.

No point crying over spilt milk , it is what it is and all we can do is hope for the best over the few months and than reevaluate everything come the summer. Simply useless to speak of whom to buy, sell and fire at this moment.

Flaws are there for all to see and we must have the strength to push through it, no point feeling sorry for ourselves.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
no , plan B is to ensure that Arsenal Football organisation gears itself up in every posible way to be a TRUE tOP NOTCH winning team... on and off the pitch

lets face it .. United are pretty much another level above us in a lot of things.. Just listing the trophys theyv taken ..recently ,its almost by default ...thats how geared up they are ...

currently we're just hoping and trusting Arsene to work a miracle with what is clearly not championship winning material ..

You dont become number one by Hoping and Trusting in something thats clearly not working ..or ever will ...

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
no , plan B is to ensure that Arsenal Football organisation gears itself up in every posible way to be a TRUE tOP NOTCH winning team... on and off the pitch

lets face it .. United are pretty much another level above us in a lot of things.. Just listing the trophys theyv taken ..recently ,its almost by default ...thats how geared up they are ...

currently we're just hoping and trusting Arsene to work a miracle with what is clearly not championship winning material ..

You dont become number one by Hoping and Trusting in something thats clearly not working ..or ever will ...
All irrelevant at the moment.

Facts remain not much will change from now to May.

We need at the very least to complete the basic fundamentals which is making the correct runs, finishing our best chances, picking out the right balls and completing the necessary passes etc. These are all aspects of football that are in Arsenal's control , we won't be buying a CM tomorrow, nor will AW change his entire philosophy, so what we can and must do is deal with the flaws we can solve.

IMO there is no point getting upset about anything, we will finish where ever we deserve to finish and than have take our medicine and accept the consequences. Right now though worrying about what may unfold is of no help to us, all that matters is the next game, and that is WBA another opponent whom we simply must defeat.

All we can do is hope AW and the players get it right.

Save a few players returing from injuries nothing drastic will change over the next 3 months, no point lambasting on what could or should have been over the summer as it what it is. There is still enough quality in this squad to improve significantly now where they will leave us come May is any ones guess but we have flaws that can be realistically addressd and improved upon,at the moment that is we can realistically afford to focus on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would blame Wenger's policy how he handles his older players, Pires wanted a long contract but he wouldn't offer him not more than two years because he was 30. Your invincible team was build around players like Henry, Viera, Pires and Campbell. If you were hold onto players like Henry and Veira, last season would have been so much different may be you could have won the title. Tevez in an interview says Giggs is silent leader at United, United could spend 30 million pounds on Berbatov, but I still think Giggs and scholes are still back bone of the team. SAF handled the transition at united perfectly, before the like of giggs, scholes and nevilles retire each player would have won something and be able to handle pressure in future competitions. I was shocked when you guys let Gilberto leave even when you didn't have flamini. And injuries to so many players didn't help either, there something wrong with your teams fitness regime. I see every year you lose so many players.

I have tremendous respect for wenger and hate to see you guys outside top 4. I hope at least he buys some proven talent who can lead the team, I hardly see anyone now in the team.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I really hate this season, but there's no point of sacking Wenger. The man has done a lot for Arsenal and the club is nothing without him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts