Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the recent and exciting match between Northern Ireland and England, I was wondering if any 1 else thought that the British Championship should be brought back.

Even if England didnt use a full strength team it would still be a good competion and good for players like Andy Johnston and Jermaine Jenas to get some good international experience. The Northern Ireland - Wales match was the best and most exciting Northern Ireland match i had seen in years evn though we wer robbed by some dodgy decisions from the ref and would like 2 see some of the British team play each other more often.

Northern Ireland British Champions 1984-2005

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
This belongs in the Premiership forum, not this forum.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not realy as it isnt just about England, but ur the fm so wat u say goes

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
This is more an internal matter IMO. Once the discussion starts then I am sure someone will find a way to start bashing the league. :tongue: So I kept it out of the hornet's nest. ;)

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Half of the tournament is made up of Englishmen, so it should be in here. I mean, look at Northern Ireland and Scotland, they've stolen most of our players :tongue:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Green One said:
Half of the tournament is made up of Englishmen, so it should be in here. I mean, look at Northern Ireland and Scotland, they've stolen most of our players :tongue:

No only like 2 at most are frm england, their names slip my mind at the minute

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
if we bring it back u won't be able to carry round your tin cup anymore.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I think it would be great, but I also think it won't happen :(

There's enough moaning about England playing too mant games as it is.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Pumba said:
Following the recent and exciting match between Northern Ireland and England
Recent yes, exciting um err *coughs*

Pumba said:
Even if England didnt use a full strength team it would still be a good competion and good for players like Andy Johnston and Jermaine Jenas to get some good international experience. The Northern Ireland - Wales match was the best and most exciting Northern Ireland match i had seen in years evn though we wer robbed by some dodgy decisions from the ref and would like 2 see some of the British team play each other more often.
It would be better than pointless friendles like flying to USA this summer. I'm not sure the English club managers would be keen as Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales might just resort to kicking lumps out of England if it became a regular fixture. Idea is good, whether it will happen is another matter.

Pumba said:
Northern Ireland British Champions 1984-2005
Northern Ireland British Champions 1984-1984

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think the game has moved on a good bit now from the halcyon days of the 70's and the Home Internationals. Is it not better to go abroad and test yourself against different styles of football and atmospheres, than a dreary Wednesday night in Belfast, Glasgow, Cardiff or Manchester? Northern Irish players would surely learn more up against the likes of Romania/Switzerland/Croatia etc etc than the likes of Scotland or England.

As it is, with the increased group sizes for the Euro 2008 qualifiers meaning less available dates, there's simply not the time to play this. Especially as England would need two teams so Sven can take off 11 players at half-time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts