• Omelletti! Ups...Beletti!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ze,

Assuming you submitted the first vote, we both agree that Ronaldinho will be the star for us. The other potentials have already proven themselves on the international stage with the exception of Kaka. Luizao and Edilson, while they may (and hopefully will) play well, will not be outstanding.

A better question may be who will disappoint? I vote Marcos. Now since that may not be a shocker, here's my second choice: Rivaldo.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Billi,
Luizao will score the goals once we need them, that's his function. Edilson's football is outstanding, typically Brazilian!;)

About Kaka.....it depends if Ronaldinho gets injured or tired, or Felipao gives him a chance.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Rivaldo is the obvious choice but I think that both Ronaldinho and Ronaldo will play very well but the most important is Rivaldo and he really wants to show the people that he is the best that there is...Like he alwaysb ha done for Barca...

Ronaldinho will shine and become even bigger than Ronaldo eventually...

Cheers:D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ronaldo will be the brightest star IMO, since his preparation has just recently begun - his form will be on the rise, while the other players will have gone through an entire season. Professional soccer physios have pointed out that this may be an advantage for R9. ;)

Ronaldinho Gaucho and Roberto Carlos are other players I'm gonna keep my eye on. The Real Madrid leftback seems particularly motivated, and this man is a compulsive trophy-winner. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
I truely believe in my heart it will be one man... Ronaldo. Nobody can be as cursed as him in big games. If Brazil are to win ANYTHING it will be because of him

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I voted for none other than Ronaldo.He will be even better than 98,Second choice is Gaucho.Crowd will go crazy for him.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I've got my money on Ronaldinho Gaucho. Ronaldinho has impressed me at PSG but he is always determined & motivated when he steps on the pitch to play for the Selecao and it's amazing the way he performs for a 21 year old, well now he's a 22 year old. He's gonna shine and i can just imagine how many teams will be after him when he works his magic to bring the Penta back home to Brazil. :proud:

Ronaldinho was also so happy when he got re-called by Big Phil and i've known this kid since the beggining of his debut with Brazil and he scored that wonderful goal in the Copa America '99 against Venezuela, what a player! :star:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
That's a big statement my friend but that's an easy task for a player like Ronaldinho when he is strong and keeps his possesion up and has such great dribbling skills. :)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
The point I was making is that he is 22, playing in his first World Cup and in pretty good form! Life does not get nmuch better than this for a young footballer.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
That's right, I think he might even be better then Argentina's version of him in Pablo Aimar.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
RC

Set piece(s). He will show why the lads in Spain, even those in the Champions, always make sure their hands are tightly crossed and their arms are doubly strong when protecting that certain spot. I saw a defender of the set piece from Chile who still must have bells ringing in his head. They should put a radar gun on his set shots; I'm sure he gets it close to Guga's speed of serve.

In the early semi-finals he will fatally distract Chilavert, take a spit, and put Brasil beyond Paraguay.

Anybody seen a preview of the soccer advertisement for WC 2004, the one where the losers are tossed off the boat? Other than Ronaldo, the quickest recognizable face is of course Denilson. The guy may not be in the starting 11 but his face is the favorite of those guys that put together these television spots.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Roberto Carlos will be one of the key players to our team but I don't think our offensive wingers will be the main reason if we succeed in the World Cup. Our succesfull attacking style is gonna come of Ronaldinho & Rivaldo if you ask me and offcourse Denilson coming on. We're gonna be listed to play 3-5-2 but at some point in the game i can guarentee Rivaldo will play behind Ronaldo and ROnaldinho might even play as a support striker at some time because he is capable of playing that role aswell, very versitile player that Gaucho is. :)

Anyways, Cafu & Carlos will both be a key part of the squad but not gonna shine as much as Ronaldinho and Rivaldo, if we want to win. ;)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
RC

Could only squeeze a one hour lunch out of work today; therefore saw only the first half from Glascow. But for Real, I would have to say RC was BIG in its two goals. First a brilliantly timed throw in with just enough pace and Raul tipped it in. Then, fed into the corner but with a Leverkusen all over him, RC flips an oval backwards and Zidane absolutely blasts his way in.

RC may not score a goal, but his soccer smarts and ability with the ball will prove decisive. Just as long as there is no Denmark against whom a bicycle kick seems in order he will do just fine.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Ronaldo will definitly shine more than Rivaldo in the WC!;)

OK. I've never said Rivaldo would shine more then Ronaldo, the point I am trying to get to is that if we want to be sucesfull Rivaldo & Ronaldinho Gaucho will be the key to that with the attacking midfeild switches and those nice 1-2 combo passes.

Please re-read my post. Because, the only time i said Rivaldo would shine more then someone is to say he'd be more key to sucess then the two defensive wingers like Cafu & Roberto Carlos in responce to Doug's comments about R. Carlos.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts