"Yes, I feel myself guilty... guilty a lot! I had two good
chances and I missed to score both them, obviously I
think to be the guiltier in the team for this defeat!" Del
Piero said.

i don't know about u guys . but i call this BRAVNESS

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Poor guy. Probably this was the worst year in Del Piero's career. Scored one goal from open play against Parma in the serie a. One against Lazio in Coppa Italia and one for the Azzurri. Three goals since July 1st 1999.

And now he missed two easy chances to close the match. Dont think he'll forget that so easily.

"Yes, I feel myself guilty... guilty a lot! I had two good
chances and I missed to score both them, obviously I
think to be the guiltier in the team for this defeat!" Del
Piero said.

Like you said Gazi.

"To think in a clear way it's very difficult now, to lose a
final in this way darkens my mind. What I know is just
that we lost the European championship final, other
personal talks are not important".

He said to a newspaper.

However Alessandro Nesta defends Del Piero! Which is really nice. "It must be tough for him, loosing the and now this. We deserved this cup but we gave our fans plenty to remember and we've no regrets about how we played. The other one I missed was Lazio's championship when we were overhauled by Milan."

Now there has been this survey, rather cruel one.
Should Del Piero be thrown out from the national squad". Obviously, many people are putting the blame for Italy's defeat in the Euro 2000 final on the shoulders of Del Piero. The results so far from the poll is :
Yes - 2370
No - 1720

Which is veeery cruel. Anyways, this year must have been hell. It's brave of him going to the press and say that he blames himself and says it's his fault. That's like suicide when you are a soccer star. So I admire him very much.

So will he ever come back? Maybe he will, IF:
They design a speed boost program for him, as Glen said. That just has to be done!
He needs to forget this miserable year, nothing would be better than scoring a goal early in the season. Then his confidence will rise.
And support!!!! Shi-t like that survey thing wont help!

We all know what Del Piero is capable of, his skills are great. They arent gone, seems like his just forgotten. Always just seems to bump into a defender these days.,

I hope we'll see the good ol' DP this season!
Good luck DP!
FORZA DEL PIERO ! ! ! !

Please return, the juventini miss you!!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Please don´t talk about the brave Del Piero right now ok !! The guy went to the press to avoid the press going after him it´s that easy. Of course he should claim responsibility every other player did. Del Piero is a great player but the position he is in is selfinflicted and demanding a huge contract from Juve where he is the highest paid player in the world and can´t score unless he stands inside the goal - come on !!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
that was an utterly mean and disgusting thing to say ... going to the press to avoid the press? do you kill yourself before they kill you? what kind of absurd logic is that? if you have nothing better to say, don't. stay off juve's corner if that's what you have to offer. DP was man enough to own up to his faults, which unfortunately provided the perfect opportunity to you snipers everywhere looking for scapegoats and all. sure he's not blameless but having to shoulder such an absurdly excessive amount of blame is ridiculous. fine, let's pick faults. whose lifted outstretched leg did the ball go past? shouldn't toldo have saved it? better still ... who lost the ball that led to that? good grief, some of you guys are impossible to please. italy was written off before the tournament started. i daresay most of the people here would have been elated if they'd known italy would progress this far. instead, one thing led to another and given an inch, some of you now want the whole world. there were so many good things that came out of this italian team and honestly, their recent displays have won many of my friends over ... people who appreciate soccer as attacking, defending and tremendous spirit in equal measure. first it was inzaghi missing sitters while delvecchio escaped after missing 2 one-on-ones. now its del piero's turn. no matter. juventus are proud to have contributed significantly to italy's cause through 7 heroes. that's not even mentioning the best central midfielders (zidane and davids) that gave all so much pleasure. and guess who trained 3 quarters of the finalists? serie a!! its a huge victory for the italian league as the best in europe and juventus in particular. we should all be proud of that, really, instead of looking and taking the piss all the time.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Well Ramy, i don't think you have any right to chase anyone from the forum...if you want Sveniss to change his views about Del Piero chasing him from the forum won't do any good because he will not read what you are writing about then...
Anyway although we can't put all the blame on Del Piero, Italy could have sealed it if he had scored...the worst thing is that he had two chances to do so.

·
Registered
384 Posts
This is Paolo Rossi all over again. My father has some old newspaper clippings and they said how garbage Rossi was after the 78 World Cup, but look what happened in 82. Del Piero became known in 98 (though injured) and he will be king of th world in 2002.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
give him time
people hate hin now like they hated baggio in 94
don t worry he ll be back

·
Registered
689 Posts
do you guys know what DP needs more than speed boosting programs and stuff, he needs the support of the fans. how could he play and come back to his best when everybody is doing nothing except saying things against him?
he has just suffered the worst season of his career and it won't be easy for him to forget the final, even more now that he'll be seeing the face of david trezeguet every day!
aren't most of u guys juve supporters? because a true and loyal supporter of a team shares the highs AND lows with the team, and doesn't just support them when they're doing great then stops because they're doing bad.

[Edited by omaraj on 05-07-2000 at 09:12]

·
Registered
374 Posts
Poor guy, he has the weight of the world on his shoulders! DP needs a vacation... maybe he should go to the Caribbean or something. But, he needs to get away for at least a month and not think or do anything related to football, then he'll be fired up for the new season! But, it's going to take a lot of work, and I'm sure he's up for the challenge. After all, Juve are in the CL, and we ALL know that DP saves his BEST for that competition!!! Forza Del Piero! :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why r the newspapers r abset cuz DP wasted two chances!! .. so what ... inzaghi wasted like 1000 chances (including the chance in the last game that cost us the leauge)+(and the two chances 1 on 1 whit the keeper of Romania){i wonder what will happened if we lost that game:) } and he doesn't get one over 100 of what DP get from the press now!!!..the difference between Del Piero and inzaghi .. that inzaghi never apologised for what he done ...

the main problem with DP is the weight .. if he lost that he will be #1 in the world

at the end DP is a human and doesn't deserve what u let him go throw .. espicially u lazio fans :( shame on u ..
u wait till the lion falls then u attack

forza DP

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
I am not a Lazio fan. I am a Juventus and Italy fan but i am not a Del Piero fan.
That has allowed me to look at him unbiased and i will say it again. He is overated.(atleast with this form)
Speed program?........................
As Gazi said that Inzaghi caused Juve to lose the championship...THAT is really a dumb statement.(no personal attack on you).
If Del Piero had contributed with some goals they may not have been fighting for points with Lazio.

Del Piero's play is usually unsucessful wing play where he dallys with the ball until it is lost. He also passes the ball erratically and slows down the play alot on quick breaks by trying to do too much and then either losing the ball or falling down.
I don't blame him for Italy's loss to France
Don't blame Inzaghi for Juve's second place

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Watcher: all what am saying is that why inzaghi was not treated like Del Piero when he wasted that chance in the 6 yards , and costed us the leauge.
"He also passes the ball erratically".. thats a good one ... how come and he is the top assestend scoring player in the league

1 - 16 of 16 Posts