Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 2107 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I have an excellent occation to start of things here:

Yesterday Brøndby played against newly promoted Esbjerg(2 weeks ago they won 2-1 against FCK:D). It seemed to be a difficult match for BIF. Esbjerg is and have allways been a hard not to crack. Especially in Esbjerg! Like I said earlier, they are able to tease the top teams and maybe even "steal" some points away from them, like they did against FCK.
It was a perfect day to play soccer in. The sun was shining and it was around 20 degrees celcius. The little cosy stadium was almost full(10.000) and they were to see an incredible match.
Brøndby had played some really good soccer in the matches before this one and they were of course the favourites.

In the first half the was pretty even but not in goals. Brøndby was up 3-0 at the break. When the ref blow his wisle for the last time, the score was 7-0 in Brøndby favor! What a match?!?!

The scores:
10'Per Nielsen
30'Ruben Bagger
41'Peter Madsen
55'Peter Madsen
63'Mads Jørgensen
66'Per Nielsen
90'Peter Madsen

5 out of 5 to BIF and 3/5 to EfB.

Esbjerg did not play a bad match, at all! Brøndby were just a class better!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Surely, it's a great idea that us 'Brøndbyere' start discussing a bit here, though I must say I don't really know others than me, Yakubu my friend and you Kee19!

We must all have been excited by the brilliant game yesterday, and it's very true to talk about a class diference. Brøndby have really been impressive this year, and I have NO doubts about the fact that we'll win Superligaen :). But it'll be exciting to see how we'll do in the UEFA cup! I really have a feeling, just like a big hope, that we'll go far, and we're basically allready in the second round. Now we just have to avoid the Inter's and Valencia's, and maybe we can go to the quarter finals with some luck :).

Too bad also that Olsen pulled out Jørgensen, but maybe it's because he thinks he need to mature, anyway I'm sure he has his reasons. But it'll surely be interesting to watch Madsen on the NT, as he IMO is a GREAT striker, and probably one we can't keep for that long if he proves himself on that level aswell :(.

BTW, Kee19, will you be there for the FCK game the 16'th of September :)? I know you live in Odense, but I mean it's a topgame we've got here.

FORZA BRØNDBY OLÉ! YEEELOW BLUE AAARMY!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Today at 5 o'clock pm, is the top match between Aab and Brøndby to be played at Aalborg Stadion. The two teams are fighting literally over the top spot of the league. 6 games are played and top 3 looks like this:

1. Brøndby..6 5 0 1 21-2 15p
2. Aab........6 5 0 1 12-6 15p
3. FCK........6 3 1 2 9-6 10p

It looks pretty good! But if we can win the match against Aab we will be 3 points of in the top! If we look even further. We are going to meet FCK at home next sunday! So if we also win that on we'll be way in front! Just a small wish!

Aab-Brøndby

Well what will the match result be?

I'm hoping for a 2-0 win to Brøndby. Madsen and Bagger will make the goals

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Aab-Brøndby 1-3!! Very cool match! We won and we should be proud of the way we did it. After 25 minuts, we were up 3-0!

Aab-Brøndby 1-3 (1-3)

15' Rafal Niznik(first ever goal)
20' Ruben Bagger
23' Ruben bagger
33' Michael Silberbauer

10.172 attended the top match.

Leauge standing, top 3:

1. Brøndby ...7 6 0 1 24-3 18p
2. Aab.........7 5 0 2 13-9 15p
3. AB...........7 3 2 2 10-7 11p
Were are the crap from FCK?!:D

Player of the month (august): Mads Jørgensen!!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Surely a great game, and we're starting to make some distance down to the followers. Basically, it couldn't really be better, as we've just beaten the only realistic followers 3-1, AWAY!!.
Now we just have to beat PS&E Sunday, a game I'll be going to Brøndby stadium to watch. I don't think the timing could be much better to meet our hated opponents F(u)CK than now, since we're in topform and they're really having problems both result-wise and otherwise, as they're still missing a coach.

FORZA BRØNDBY!!! YELLOW BLUE AAAARMY!!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I agree with you DBOY(of course I agree:D). We are in top form and next weekend we're up against The sons of b*tches from PS&E. They are really playing it bad on and off the pitch at the moment. The coach lost his motivation and are now replaced by dir. of football, Niels Christian Holmstrøm. Their best players want to move bigger clubs abroad.
We are in top again! after one bad season the real champions are again controling danish soccer!
We will beet the crap out of them at Vilfort Park on september the 16th!

HVOR ER DE FARLIGE LØVER NU?!...

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Sunday the 16 of september. Skandinavias biggest derby, will be played at Brøndby Stadion(AKA. Vilfort Park). Brøndby vs. FC København are the biggest and most prestigious match in all skandinavia. Last time they met it atracted allmost 40.000 spectators at Parken! There are not room for so many at Vilfort Park(ca. 30.000). But the stadium will be fully packed.

I'm going to attend the match and will be ready to defend the Brøndby honour by standing on "Faxe-tribunen" and shouting, singing and supporting the yellow blue army all that I can.

I'm looking forward to see an incredible match, that is played on a high level. It is the two biggest teams in Denmark(not seen in a placement point of view, because FCK are number 4 and 7 points behind the leaders, Brøndby!). But it is the teams with best players and highest home and away crowd. It is a true classical match.

I hope and believe that Brøndby will win, and it will be the match of the season.

Brøndby - FCK 3-1 (1-0)

Ruben Bagger
Peter Madsen
Ruben Bagger

Zibusiso Zuma

What do you think? Give your opinion!

Other Scandi's are welcome too!!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Yakubu said:

What do you think? Give your opinion!

Other Scandi's are welcome too!!
well i guess that rules me out then :sigh: :D

I do have one question though. Sasho Petrovski who has just signed for Viborg from NSL club Woolongong wolves (NSL champion the last 2 seasons & they were supposed to play in the World Club championship). Apparently he scored on Debut & it would be great if u guys could give us any info if u see him in action (especially when they play BIF of course :D )

p.s for the record, i think BIF will win 2-1, but it will be a tough game & FCK will look to impress their new coach from Salzburg. Home advantage will give BIF the edge i think :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Andreas said:
p.s for the record, i think BIF will win 2-1, but it will be a tough game & FCK will look to impress their new coach from Salzburg. Home advantage will give BIF the edge i think :)
Of course others are welcome to!!:D

About Sasha. He scored in his debut and that is definitly good for a striker. I think he will be very important for Viborg, that needs to score some more goals. He can be the man for that job?!

Hans Bakke will start on monday, so he will not be on the bench to coach FCK against BIF! Their Dir. of football, Niels Chr. Holmstrøm will have the honour to see his team lose to the bitter rivals.:devil::D

I agree that the home advantage will be important to BIF and the match result. The huge support the home team will get from especially "Faxe tribunen" will help them to conquer.

FORZA BRØNDBY FORZA BRØNDBY...!!!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
What a great feeling! :strong:

Last night Brøndy won the classical derby against FCK by the score 2-0. It was at a almost fully packed Vilfort Park(28.116) and they saw a match of high class.

Brøndby - ps&e 2-0 (1-0)

27' Ruben Bagger
94' Thomas Lindrup

Brøndby are now 10 points ahead of the Champions from FCK, at the top of the table!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Olympia Ljubjana - Brøndby IF 2 - 4

An important win for us. We came quick behind, already in the 1st minute. but after 30 minutes Ruben Bagger equalished. It looked to be a fine result for us and it turn out to be an even finer result after the last blow. We won 2-4 and it was a perfect result to go home with.

1' 1-0 Anton Zlogar
34' 1-1 Ruben Bagger
53' 1-2 Dan Anton Johansen(pen.)
61' 2-2 Anton Zlogar
73' 2-3 Rafal Niznik
75' 2-4 Rafal Niznik(pen.)

It will be a soccer fest at Brøndby Stadion!!!

FORZA BRØNDBY...!!!

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I always believed that Åge Hareide was going to do a great job in Brøndby, and now it finally seems he will be living up to his reputation. A win in the league is a must, and with the impressive result against Ljubljana, I can't see why you wouldn't get far in the UEFA cup too, maybe even very far(depending on what teams you meet of course) :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I have always been a strong believer in his good qualities and hoped that he would show them for real someday. When I say someday, I mean that he have never showed them like he does at the moment.

He has done a good job and the reason why we haven't won anything with him is not his fault.
We have been very unlucky with injuries to many important players, like Peter Madsen, who has been one of the best in the league so far. New-comer Mads Jørgensen is also a reason why we have been playing superbly. His way of playing is a thing we have missed and needed in the years with Åge.
Players like Mattias Jonson and Krister Nordin who Åge bought when he arrived at the club, has also been very good investments

We are just playing superbly at the moment. in the topscorers we have number 2, 3, 4, with 6 goals each. In the league we are number 1 with 3 points down to the second place AaB and 10 down to the champions FCK!

It couldn't be better!!!

FORZA BIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
BIF - Olympia 0-0 :stoned::yawn: what a boring match. On the other hand it was professionally played by Brøndby. We did not use to many powers and are fit to play in the league.

In the 2nd round of the UEFA Cup we drawed a tough opponent in NK Varteks(Croatia). They won on agg against Aston Villa in the 1st round.

Not to easy an opponent! What do you think?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
NK Varteks - Brøndby IF 3-1 (0-0)

Not a good result for BIF!
In the first half BIF controlled things pretty well and the Varteks players started to get frustrated. But in the end of the half Varteks came close to score, but hit the post and the half ended goal less.
The second half started like the first ended. Varteks were pressing Brøndby and had a few open chances. Then Brøndby couldn't hold on anymore and Varteks scored! They scored another time before Brøndby's Rafal Niznik scored a beautiful goal just after he had came in as a sub. Later Varteks were given a penalty wich they scored on. The ref blow his wisle the last time and the score was 3-1 to NK Varteks.

A tough home match waits for Brøndby at Brøndby Stadion. With Mads Jørgensen back in that match and with a strong and loud crowd on Faxe-Tribunen, who'll back the team up 200%, it'll be exciting to see if the'll win and most of all on agg.

BTW, do anyone know where Kee19 is?!:confused:
There is a tendency, that everybody is missing everybody:D!!!

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
That was such a typical Brøndby away match! I have always wondered why they go out and play so defencively every single time when it is perfectly obvious that they don't have the defence to do it.

Varteks didn't impress me much so I still think Brøndby has a good chance of progressing IF they dare to actually play in the home game.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
If you have that opinion on the way Brøndby play soccer, you don't see many of their matches! Brøndby won fx 1-3 in one half, away against AaB and that was with effective attacking soccer!! Then it's fully understandeble that they play more defensivly in the second half. I can name more matches like that one! 0-7 in Esbjerg, what a match. BIF also played magnificent attacking football that time. Against OB it was the same, AGF and even PS&E.

Did you see the match last sunday between BIF and AaB?! Jimmy Nielsen trak tiden konstant og det var kun fordi 0-0 var et fint resultat for dem. Brøndby trak ikke engang tiden mod Varteks, nej de spillede bare meget defensivt. Det kørte da også, som det skulle indtil de scorede til 1-0. Fra da af spillede Brøndby dumt. mange personelige fejl, som kostede!

VIVA BRØNDBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
I meant away games in europe, sorry if it wasn't clear :)

What I mean is that Brøndby always play extreamly defencively in the away games in europe and I have never understood why. To me their biggest advantage is the high pressure they apply on their oponents at home, it gives the strikers the type of chances they use the best.

As for Brøndby's games in the Danish league I am far from being an expert but I agree with you that they play more or less the same at home or away.

Og så lige en helt anden ting. Hvad står PS&E egentlig for? Jeg er helt med på hvilket hold det er men det er også det eneste.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
PS&E is short for "Parken Sport & Entertainment", and it has a very negative sound over it. The reason why we, Brøndby Fans, use it is that we consider the way F(u)CK is a team, and not really a club ridiculous. What I mean is, Brøndby f.ex have a big tradition of producing young talents, through our youth developments, a thing FCK don't have. If they get any, it's through KB or B1903, but it doesn't happen often....

1 - 20 of 2107 Posts