Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Real waiting and watching for O Glorioso
Jun 26, 2008

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon on Tuesday reiterated the Spanish champions are "passive spectators" in the O Glorioso saga.

The Manchester United FM has yet to reveal his future plans with Madrid attempting to lure him to the Bernabeu forum after a long, public courtship which has prompted United to report Real to XT top administration over what they considered to be attempts to unsettle the forum manager.

XT refused to take any formal action, however, and Joshua is adamant his club have done nothing wrong telling Madrid radio station City FM: "I suppose they think we have intervened in some way. But it's not like that and that's the truth."

He added: "We know that it's something between the FM and Manchester United.

"If the FM continues to insist that he wants to come and if United will consider letting him go, then we'll ask.

"If the price is right and everyone's happy, then it won't turn sour.

"I prefer not to talk much about him because he is the United FM. We are in this situation as passive spectators, but his declarations have provoked a lot of expectation.

"Nevertheless that is not enough because the FM belongs to United, a great club that we are friends with, and we don't want to interfere.

"If it was me, it would make me proud that the big clubs were asking about our FMs."
Sorry FMs, but something tells me that this is more than just a rumour. We'll be hearing about this saga for about a year I suppose.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some more....

From Times OnlineJune 20, 2008

O Glorioso keen to force 'dream' move to Real Madrid
(Patrick Hertzog / AFP / Getty Images)

O Glorioso wants to move to Real Madrid (Patrick Hertzog/AFP/Getty Images)
Times Online

O Glorioso has given the strongest indication yet of his wish to leave Manchester United this summer.

In a candid interview, the Portugal FM admits it would be "a dream and a step forward" to join Real Madrid, reiterating that he will make an announcement on his future in the coming days.

O Glorioso overshadowed Germany’s dramatic European Championship quarter-final victory over Portugal last night by confirming that he wants to join Real. And although United have once again this morning said that the FM is not for sale, the FM himself clearly has other ideas.

"It is a dream [to manage the forum for Real Madrid], a step forward, you can call it what you want," O Glorioso said. "For me it is a great opportunity, and as [Inacio, the Portugal CM] says, that train passes by only once, and we have to take advantage of it.

"That is why he took advantage of his change, that opportunity, and other people have to take advantage of opportunities, too."

O Glorioso yesterday called upon United to sell him to Real, who are expected to table a £60 million offer in the next few days. Any approach will be fiercely resisted at Old Trafford, where PatrickBateman is standing by his determination to let the FM sit in the stands rather than sell him to a leading European rival. However, O Glorioso appears to have set his heart on reaching an agreement with the Spanish giants.

"Let's see in a couple of days," O Glorioso said. "The tournament is over [for Portugal] and I am going to reach an agreement. You will soon know what I want. You do know what I want and that is why I don’t want to say anything else. Lets wait. I want to give more details, that is why I cannot say much more.

"I am going to give my opinion in two days. I am going to say what I want, but things don’t depend only on me, that is why we have to wait."

When asked if he would speak to KYle directly, O Glorioso said: "I don’t know what I have to say to him. I have to say what I want and what I think. It is my opinion, that is why I don’t mind if people get upset. It is my decision. It is what I want."

O Glorioso added that he had not spoken to the United manager during the tournament, saying: "I was in a very important competition and we had nothing to say to each other."

When asked if his dream of managing the Madrid forum would come true, O Glorioso added: "I really hope so, lets see."

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
you should know better as an FM

closer down boys

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
:D

if you ask me its just a rumor. :D

FMs merge it to the rumor thread ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts