Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of them will ever be a quality starter

Votes: 3 12.5%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the young blood we have seen in the team this year? :)

I guess the majority of us is really happy to see these new players perform admirably well, a true breath of fresh air! :happy: I was thinking we would have this discussion about who would actually make a progress to first team football, say in the next 2-3 years.

Now, Pavon is already playing first team football, but not to the level that he is a definitive starter yet.

When voting and commentating, keep that in mind. Think more of a player you believe might be a reliable starter in maximum two years, and maybe NT quality in 4 at most.

One last note, I added Portillo and Ruben to the list though we really saw very very little of them, but i know some have been able to see them in occasional B team matches as well, and decided to keep the option there at least.

Comments please! :)

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Surprised to see I got the 1st vote in.

I voted for Minambres as they he was great Vs Porto away.

I think he crossed for Savio to score Vs Prague at the Bernabeu, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony75 said:
Surprised to see I got the 1st vote in.

I voted for Minambres as they he was great Vs Porto away.

I think he crossed for Savio to score Vs Prague at the Bernabeu, but I'm not sure.
That was Raul Bravo. Minambres passed to Guti for the first goal, so he also picked an assist.

I try not to be the first person to vote on my own polls! :D gives me the impression that others are taking me seriously ;)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Voted for Pavon, the thing with him is that he is showing the skill of a much older player. I dont see any extreme talent in him but just like Casillas he is way ahead of his age which could save us some time in developing him.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
A couple of weeks back I saw Miñambres live in the Holland - Spain U-21 game. He impressed me. ( among others)
I think he'll send Salgado to the bench in no time. Also in the Cl he's great!

Bravo and Pavon will have a hard time to grow to big stars, while Rubén won't make it I think. I have seen Rubén 2 or 3 times now, and he couldn't impress once.

This was Spains team btw:

1. Reina ( Barca)
2. Miñambres ( Real)
3. Asier ( Bilbao)
4. Rubén ( Real)
5. Daniel ( Barca)
6. Xabier Alonso ( Sociedad)
7. Julio Alvarez ( Racing)
8. Arteta ( PSG)
9. Daniel ( Betis)
10. Torres ( Atleti)
11. Bravo ( Real)

12. Fernández
13. Víctor
14. Albiol
15. Corona
16. Riera
17. Robles
18. Jorge

Line -up:

-----------------------------1Reina--------------------------

2Miñambres---------3Rubén------4Asier------------5Daniel

7Alvarez--------------8Arteta------6Alonso----------9Daniel

---------------------------------10.Torres-------------------------
---------------------------11Bravo---------------------------------

Asier did the free kicks. Miñambres and Alvarez were the most dangerous wing. Torres didn't play deep in the first half. All players were good against a disorganized Holland.
What I don't get is that I heard that Bravo was more like a defender while in this game he played upfront?:confused: Did Real transform him from striker to defender?

Sorry to have gone off topic...

ADRIAAN
_______

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I voted for Portillo ... I've heard he scored more then 700 goals in Reals youth sectors. :eek: I'm so jealous :( ... you guys are getting a real cracker there again. :star: :eek:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adriaan,

Bravo a striker? :confused: are you sure it wasn't Portillo? :confused:

Raul Bravo is the left-back who started in the first Real-Barca game this year, in Bernabeu, and played a magnificent game. He has played very solid everytime we used him since then.

There might be another young Bravo who is a striker, but it sounds odd because if he is U-21 Spain quality, i think Del B qould probably give him a chance and not Portillo...right? :confused:

Labas might be able to answer this one.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I voted for Minambres :)

I have been very impressed with most of them, but Minambres has shown a solid ability to play his position very effectivly.

Raul Bravo is very good but i don't see him challanging RC, Minambres has a better chance against Salgado who is very inconsistent and more injury-prone. His chances will improve if Geremi leaves this year (which i hate actually, because Geremi is a great, young utility player who can basically fit any role except CD or striker).

Pavon has impressed me, but honestly he has always impressed on days where our D has played well in general. Not a bad thing, but i still can't say if he will make the cut on his own. The potenial is there though. And the fact that our central defense still has most pressure within our team, Pavon will need to be very consistent and improve very quickly.

However, if Iker, Pavon and Minambres are all feature in our back-bone in 4-5 years time, it would be supreme! :proud:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Lestat,

The gamepaper says that the number 11 was Bravo from Real Madrid. Unless you have more Bravo's beside Raul Bravo it must be him.

Now in the first half we sat behind Reina so it wasn't clear who accually played striker all the way from we were.
In the second half I just took pictures of Torres and paid few attention to the rest of the squad since the match was already played and most of the stars were subbed.

Now I am sure that Daniel ( 5) of Barca played leftback. So perhaps Bravo played leftwing and Daniel (9) of Betis played as flankstriker....it must be something like that, since I am almost positive that Bravo was on the field.

Why do you think it was Portillo? Is he also named Bravo? ( as a second name) I wonder if he's with the U-21 already anyway?

ADRIAAN
_______

·
Registered
672 Posts
I gave my vote to Portillo. First I almost voted for Miñambres, but Portillo was my choice, because he was so convincing against Panathinaikos. I'm 100% sure that we will hear about him some day!

I would have liked to vote also for Miñambres though. He has been really good in games i have watched, and well... i guess he will be in the first team faster than Portillo. But i still believe that Portillo will be the bigger star in the future, i guess the strikers always get more publicity.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I'm gonna go with our two righties - Minambres and Julio Alvarez.
I like both their styles a lot, and expect them to make some impact in the future.
Raul Bravo also came under consideration, however I'm a bit reluctant, cause i don't know how much I'm impressed by him, and how much by the fact we don't see him more often and therfore can't judge.
honorable mention to Pavon of course, but Minambres somehow gets the nod just slightly.

As for the doubts concerning Raul Bravo, it's just a simple mistake. Raul Bravo was played as a left winger, with Daniel Tortolero of barca filling in the leftback role.
The other Daniel is Daniel Martin of Betis, also known to everyone as DANI. Their breakthrough this season (other than Joaquin of course:D) up front as striker, now when Casas is out, and Amato just can't kick it.
Dani is a classic #9, so he most certainly played up front with Torres supporting him, whilst Daniel and Raul Bravo occupied the left flank.
Mystery solved, I suppose;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Adriaan and Mo,

Bravo was on the midfield not as a forward. The two strikers were Torres and Dani (from Real Betis). This is the official "ficha tecnica" of the game:

0 - Holanda: Stekelenburg; Colin, Hese, Knol, Leiwakabessy; Visscher, Stefano Seedorf, Boutahar, Hersi; Mustapha y Denneboom. También jugaron en la segunda parte, Coutinho (ps) Bakkati, Bodde, Putter, Kolk, Bakens.

3 - España: Reina; Miñambres, Rubén, Daniel Tortolero, Asier del Horno; Julio Alvarez, Xabi Alonso, Arteta, Raúl Bravo; Fernando Torres y Dani. También jugaron en la segunda parte Albiol, Corona, Robles, Riera, Jorge, Víctor (ps) y Borja.

So Adriaan the reason why Bravo played like a defender in this game was because he is a defender ;)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Well Labas confirms my speculation, so Raul Bravo indeed played as left wing with Daniel ( 5)behind him.
In that case, Bravo didn't contribute much to the attack, almost all danger came from the left.
'Perhaps' you can conclude that Bravo is the opposite of Roberto Carlos, an opposite that might be useful against some opponent you have face if you ask me.....

ADRIAAN
_______

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I think Valdo should be included in the poll

Portillo - 20 year old Javier Portillo started the season in Real Madrid C, but after scoring over 20 goals was promoted to the B team. Drafted into the first team squad for the final Champions League games, and marked his debut scoring at Panathinaikos only minutes after coming on as substitute.

Valdo - full name Valmiro Lopes Rocha, is Real Madrid's latest young star. His parents moved from the island of Cape Verde to the town of Villablino in the province of León, where he was born on 23rd April 1981. He is currently on the books of Real Madrid B, playing in the second division B. Has been compared with Arsenal's Thierry Henry both in looks and style of play.

Raúl Bravo - started the season in Real Madrid C, but was soon called up to the B side. A strong and versatile left sided player
who is equally at home in defence or midfield. He was born in Gandia on 14th April 1981. Under 21 international.

Pavón - Francisco Pavón is a 21 year old central defender who started the season playing in Real Madrid B. He made his first team debut in the Champions League last season, and has now been promoted to the full first team squad.

Miñambres - Oscar Miñambres is probably the most promising of the B team youngsters. He was the only one to complete the pre-season training with the first team squad, and has been called up as substitute on several occasions. Secure in defence but can also attack down the right flank when needed. Born in Madrid in January 1981. Under 21 international.

Borja - Borja Fernández is a central defender who can also play in the anchor man position in midfield. Has been with the club for six years, and finally made his debut for the first team in the cup match at Pájara after being non-playing substitute three times. Under 21 international.

Rubén - Rubén González is the latest of a long line of B team defenders to play with the first team squad when needed. His first appearance with the first team was in the Champions League at Andelecht last year, and by coincidence his first game this season was at the same ground. Tall, blond and slim, Rubén is a stylish player who was born in La Coruña in January 1982. Under 21 international.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Gotta be Portillo. Minambres had chances to impress for the past 2 seasons but wasn't selected to be exactly in the first team. Somehow to me, people like him and Pavon has reach a level where they need a breakthrough to the next level. Otherwise they'll be wasted.
Since this thread's all about "potential", Portillo because he hasn't got much taste at the top yet..

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Che & Labas,

I tried to put player the majority of the guys here have at least seen once play.

Do you think i should add Valdo, Julio Alvarez, Borja...etc.?

Let me know.

·
Registered
931 Posts
No doubt, Portillo is the best choice

The old men who could see him say that Ferenc Puskas had better kick, but they all compare him to Portillo, probably the terrible kick against Pana was the advertising of a new star... step by step

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I'm for Minambres as well.I think he is genuine quality.Lovely crosser,plays with his head up,and he also seems to be intelligent.

Portillo,weel,I just saw him for 20 minutes,and most of his touches were good(one was spectacular),but its too early to tell abt him.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I vote for Portillo..
BTW if anyone hasn't seen his goal, here it is!:cool:

javascript:OpenWindow('../../G/3687.html','ventanuco',468,500,'no','no')

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Looks as if Im the only Raul Bravo fan here!

this guy going to solve soo manny questions for us in the next few years, if he continues to grow he will be the heir apparent to R.Carlos! This guy has shown me (brief times I'd seen him) raw grit and determination and push the ball up the left flank like a baby R.Carlos!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts