Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son Heung-Min (born 8 July 1992) is a South Korean footballer who plays for German Bundesliga side Hamburger SV

He was impressive in the 2010-11 preseason, by leading the team with 9 goals and signed his first professional contract on his 18th birthday.

After scoring against Chelsea F.C. in August, he was injured for two months due to a foot injury. He came back on October 30, 2010 scoring his first league goal on F.C. Köln in the 24th minute. The goal made Son the youngest HSV player to have scored a goal in Bundesliga at 18 years, thus breaking the previous 39-year record held by Manfred Kaltz.
He scored 3 goals in 7 matches of last season

In 2011-12 preseason he scored 14 goals/5 matches so far

watch out him!:strong:

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Seems like star to look out for in the future. But, we have to wait and see how he'll do in a full regular season because in preseasons, teams don't try as hgard as in regular season games. It looks like South Korea has a keeper on their hands.

·
Registered
44,796 Posts
Hey Overclass, is he better than Hong Myung-Bo?

Eat that blast from the past! :righton:

·
Banned
5,801 Posts
This is the guy that's dubbed the "Korean Muller". He's the youngest ever player in Hamburg history to score a Bundesliga goal when he scored against Koln last October. Definetly another talented Asian youngster in Europe but he still has alot to prove. Maybe he'll get alot more playing time this season with Trochowski gone to Sevilla and Elia potentially leaving as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How about Yoshiaki Takagi who plays at FC Utrecht?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshiaki_Takagi
He was a benchwarmer at his former J-League 2nd div club. :tongue:

My top 5 under-20 prospects from AFC (random order)

Ji Dong Won (South Korea/20/F) - Sunderland
Son Heung-Min (South Korea/19/F) - Hamburg
Takashi Usami (Japan/19/M) - Bayern Munchen
Ryo Miyaichi (Japan/18/F) - Arsenal
Mustafa Amini (Australia/18/M) - Dortmund

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Well the "Korean Muller" has scored two goals against Bayern atm in a shortened version friendly match.

Neuer was shocking btw in conceding the first HSV goal.

Perfectly timed run for the second goal but was a bit too easy to get through the Bayern defence to set him up.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Yeah that what it is called but in essence it is a friendly. The game is not even 90 mins, it is 60 mins.

Badstuber was well out of order. Terrible challenge on Son in this type of match or any game for that matter. Neuer looked really nervous, made one really poor mistake for the goal and made other less serious ones.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
He looks very much a pure natural goalscorer as his recent record suggest.

Very good, sharp and instinctive in the opposition penalty area. Comes alive in that zone.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
The two goals he scored yesterday weren't spectacular..first one is clearly Neuer's fault and second is simply a tap-in..but, I'd like to give Son credit for recognizing the run in, he did understand a low cross would be played in from the right-wing and used his pace to get into the key space. This is just a pre-season game though and it's clear to me that Bayern's defence didn't quite take things 100%, not even on the second goal they conceded which is why we should simply wait until the Bundesliga-season gets away.

I'll say this though; Gökhan Töre should do well if he continues to play like he did yesterday, the stand out in HSV for me, personally. He's always looked pretty special, all the way from the U17's when playing with players who were a year older to now. First real season on senior level, I think we might see something positive coming from HSV with Oenning coaching them, Dirkmeier is already one of the positives thus far. They should just be incredibly happy that Veh is long gone.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Yeah pre-season should be taken for what it is.

I mean even Mancienne didn't look a pussy in the match :D

Son shows the promise though no doubt.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
He was a benchwarmer at his former J-League 2nd div club. :tongue:

My top 5 under-20 prospects from AFC (random order)

Ji Dong Won (South Korea/20/F) - Sunderland
Son Heung-Min (South Korea/19/F) - Hamburg
Takashi Usami (Japan/19/M) - Bayern Munchen
Ryo Miyaichi (Japan/18/F) - Arsenal
Mustafa Amini (Australia/18/M) - Dortmund
Is that strange for an 18 year old??

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
The two goals he scored yesterday weren't spectacular..first one is clearly Neuer's fault and second is simply a tap-in..but, I'd like to give Son credit for recognizing the run in, he did understand a low cross would be played in from the right-wing and used his pace to get into the key space. This is just a pre-season game though and it's clear to me that Bayern's defence didn't quite take things 100%, not even on the second goal they conceded which is why we should simply wait until the Bundesliga-season gets away.

I'll say this though; Gökhan Töre should do well if he continues to play like he did yesterday, the stand out in HSV for me, personally. He's always looked pretty special, all the way from the U17's when playing with players who were a year older to now. First real season on senior level, I think we might see something positive coming from HSV with Oenning coaching them, Dirkmeier is already one of the positives thus far. They should just be incredibly happy that Veh is long gone.
We are, dude, we are :cool:!

Wouldn't call the 1st goal 'nothing special' btw. Of course it was not spectacular but it was scored from a very sharp angle and the corridor into which Son had to put the ball to find the net was quite small because Badstuber and Gustavo where standing around there and may have blocked the ball otherwise.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man, the comments in that video are so brutally ****ed up
Japan vs Korea going on.

A lot of Koreans are saying they are glad about the earthquake and tsunami. My God, what kind of idiots are they, ****ing trash.
fake korean...maybe japan people:pp

1 - 20 of 26 Posts