Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a transfer related thread but since he's our capitan, our icon, and arguablly one of the best RB that's ever worn the Inter jersey, i think he deserves his own thread...

and the question is...Who do we replace the one and only Javier Zanetti with?

It's obvious that Maicon will be our starting RB from now on and JM plays JZ in midfield as a DM, so the question comes down to which DM can we sign as a replacement to JZ?

My view: We have set our target to Hamsik, but that in a perfect world that's just a muntari replacement since he's not a DM and Muntari is purchased as a 2 way midfielder. There's a chance of using Hamsik as a CM and assigning Muntari as a DM. But i want Muntari as a rotational and nothing more, really.

Discuss my bitches~ discuss.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
He won't be replaced until after next season, because he's still on track for the World Cup. After the WC, he'll have to be replaced.

Before then, probably not... so we have a year to think about this.

As for the captaincy, it'll just be handed to Cambiasso, I think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
By the time JZ goes hopefully bolzoni will be ready and able to take his spot.
Bolzoni haven't failed to disappoint me even once when he got the chance, and he's much worse than the young Pele IMHO.

Although Cristian Daminuta is routinely played as a defender in our Primavera, his natural position is DM, and my vote is on him.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
zanetti is really declining...and i don't think he is good at playing that position...anyway, he is going to be 36...probably can't offer us too long of time...i expect him to play one more year as a starter...then retire with us... :proud: i wish moratti will offer him a job at the club...

i don't know who will and should replace him...but i m sure mourinho will find a reliable one...just not muntari...

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
How about Hernanes? Would be a good replacement because he's a CM/DM hybrid, which is the type of midfielder we like, apparantly.

·
Registered
62,740 Posts
Or Trezeguet, or Tiago. :) Though I shudder to think what would Don Moratti do if someone dares to lock him in the bathroom. :scared:

P.S. Obviously your comprehension skills are lacking, because FIFA was clearly referring to a new MIDFIELDER, not Captain.

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
I thought this was about who`s gona be our new capitano..

Well.. Hamsik sounds ok to me.

As for Capitano`s place.. I can see Cambiasso or Cesar taking responsabilities..

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I can see Cambiasso taking over the captaincy. He's the only one who's consistent enough to keep his place, and fit enough to play almost every game.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
He won't be replaced until after next season, because he's still on track for the World Cup. After the WC, he'll have to be replaced.

Before then, probably not... so we have a year to think about this.

As for the captaincy, it'll just be handed to Cambiasso, I think.

So you are saying we should stick with JZ so he could play in the next WC I like JZ but am not ganna sacrifice my team for him he shouldn't start in mid period. we need a replacement for him in midfield

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Cambiasso is the next captain for sure. 200 appearances, consistency, and hard worker

Hamsik would be a signing I would like to see.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
if not cambi, then it's gotta be cesar...but yeah, cambi should be the 1st option...

·
Registered
46,104 Posts
In terms of seniority in the team, it's Cordoba. But I don't think he'll get enough playing time. Cambiasso would make an excellent Captain.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
yeah...if both chivu and samuel are healthy and available to play, cordoba won't get a lot of playing time...will be a sub...

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright Stephan get back on track here.
:mad:

I was referring to someone that can filling in JZ's playing role, not the armbend role but since we are talking about that...Like Fird said Cordoba based on seniority, but the same reason has fird mentioned.

JM values Cambi a lot. Notice how he would rather Cambi play in CD rather than bringing in a natural CB against viola? (Doba was probably tired from ManU and Rivas has been poor recently but stil.) JC also stands out; he's pretty vocal in the back, and well respected by the players, dont know about his ability to organize the defense though. Perhaps he can be co-cap after JZ calls it a day? Chiv and Samuel prob will miss too many games of the season to be captain.

How about Hernanes? Would be a good replacement because he's a CM/DM hybrid, which is the type of midfielder we like, apparantly.
Talus, are you referring to the Swiss DM from Man City?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Replacing JZ's Playing role as a CM ?

For me, Cambiasso ! The team needs a DM. Cambi is better off having some room to advance apart from being told to.

btw the last match was a 4-2-3-1 when Figo was introduced. Maybe it was meant to pin back Viola's full backs. It could be a possible next-season system.... maybe even now. Muntari is not doing well. Adriano or Amantino can actually be used.

ok i got carried away... i think JZ can play another 3 more years at CB.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Talus, are you referring to the Swiss DM from Man City?
Nope. Hernanes is some Brazillian guy. Most pundits think he'll move to Europe very soon, so we might be able to grab him before his price inflates.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok i got carried away... i think JZ can play another 3 more years at CB.
:confused:But he's not even playing CB now. Actually he never played there.

Nope. Hernanes is some Brazillian guy. Most pundits think he'll move to Europe very soon, so we might be able to grab him before his price inflates.
oh ok, i thought you meant hernandez from city.

For me, Cambiasso ! The team needs a DM. Cambi is better off having some room to advance apart from being told to.
I think this would depend on the market and who is availble. And seems like the consensus here is "there's no one really out there for us and we aren't in a hurry" kinda deal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts