Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am not too happy with the price, but at least this will please the coach..

Hopefully Lukaku scores 30 goals next season (and in the following ones) to justify this price tag

The most expensive player ever in the history of Inter.

Inter finally agree Lukaku deal
Football Italia

Inter have finally agreed a fee in the region of €80m for Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku.

Multiple sources, including Sky Sport Italia, Gianluca Di Marzio, Fabrizio Romano, Tuttomercatoweb and Calciomercato.com, report a verbal agreement has been reached for Lukaku to join Inter.

All that is left is for the paperwork to be signed so the Belgian can complete his transfer, with Gazzetta dello Sport specifying he will pen a five-year contract worth €7.5m a season plus bonuses.

Sky writes the Nerazzurri will pay €65m plus €13m in bonuses, with Tuttomercatoweb going for €70m + €13m, while Calciomercato has down a figure of €80m plus addons.

It comes after a major breakthrough in talks on Wednesday, instigated by his agent Federico Pastorello flying into London with the intention of bringing an end to the saga.

The 26-year-old has been a long-time target for Beneamata boss Antonio Conte, who wanted him at Chelsea.

Juventus looked to have secured the Belgian in a swap deal, but Paulo Dybala’s unwillingness to join United in exchange put pay to that move.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
Hahahaha

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
I share your reservations Ahmed.

But look, Conte has his dream player. He can have no complaints now.

Even if Lukaku flops he is still only 26 and can be sold back to the EPL for a big chunk of change next year or the year after.

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
He would have been a very good signing for Juve. For Inter... I have my doubts it will work out. Very solid signing nevertheless of course, despite the price, giving he is a force and the coach really wanted him.

·
Administrator
52,179 Posts
Dont tell me Conte plays on using Lukaku and Dzeko together? (If you sign latter too).

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
He would have been a very good signing for Juve. For Inter... I have my doubts it will work out. Very solid signing nevertheless of course, despite the price, giving he is a force and the coach really wanted him.
Why on earth would he have worked at Juve?? With Sarriball?

Nearly every pundit out here has said the exact opposite.

Lukaku is great in counter-attacking teams. Conte's teams focus on the counter. Sarri's focus on possession.

I think he would have been an awful fit for Juve TBH

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
Dont tell me Conte plays on using Lukaku and Dzeko together? (If you sign latter too).
I think that is the plan, yeah.

If it doesn't work Lautaro, Espotio or Politano can come in.

·
Administrator
52,179 Posts

Conte has such archaic footie ideas sometimes. Limited Twin tower attack in today's game. So 90s.

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts

Lukaku is great in counter-attacking teams. Conte's teams focus on the counter. Sarri's focus on possession.

Just because Juve are better and he wouldn't have to carry as much of the pressure of the goal scoring since they have Ronaldo.

To be fair I keep forgetting about Sarri anyway, in my head he's a natural replacement for Mandzukic, but then again not sure how Mandzukic would figure in Sarri's plans.

·
Registered
15,064 Posts

Conte has such archaic footie ideas sometimes. Limited Twin tower attack in today's game. So 90s.
I think you're being unfair to Dzeko. Smart, technical player who brings others into the game.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lukaku books Inter medical
Football Italia

Romelu Lukaku will have his Inter medical tomorrow, claim Sky Sport Italia, after Manchester United accepted €65m plus €10-13m bonuses.

The deal also includes a percentage of a future transfer fee.

Lukaku is currently in Belgium and will fly straight to Milan from there for the medical on Thursday.

Inter and Manchester United exchanged documents via email, so there is no need to fly to England for the paperwork.

Lukaku had been on the verge of a transfer to Juventus in exchange for Paulo Dybala, but it all broke down after the Argentine refused the switch.

Manchester United had wanted €85m for Lukaku, but the final figures seem to be €75-78m.

That translates to £60m plus £12m in bonuses, a total of £72m.

The player had agreed personal terms with Inter several weeks ago, as he has been their transfer target since Antonio Conte first took over.

Conte had also tried to sign him at Chelsea.

---

People can't accuse Suning of not caring or not having ambition after the money being spent.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I share your reservations Ahmed.

But look, Conte has his dream player. He can have no complaints now.

Even if Lukaku flops he is still only 26 and can be sold back to the EPL for a big chunk of change next year or the year after.
True, at worst he flops and a Leicester, Newcastle or Palace bid 40-50million for him.

·
Administrator
52,179 Posts
I think you're being unfair to Dzeko. Smart, technical player who brings others into the game.
He is a lanky poacher end of the day, he is not supposed to get too many touches, more finish them off. Cant see him and Lukaku being compatible as a partnership.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lukaku lands for €75m Inter deal
Football Italia

Romelu Lukaku was greeted by 500 Inter fans at the airport at 2am, as he arrived to complete his €65m plus €10m bonuses move from Manchester United.

The striker had been in Brussels training with Anderlecht over the last few days, even though he had been expected back in Manchester.

This determination to push through a transfer and the latest Inter offer - €65m fixed fee, €10m in add-ons and a five per cent cut of any future sale – convinced United to accept.

He flew out late Wednesday night on a private jet with agent Federico Pastorello, who published the picture of their journey on Instagram.

Approximately 500 fans flocked to Malpensa Airport to greet the Belgium international, despite the fact it was almost 2am by the time he emerged.

He waved and smiled with them as he walked into the airport and they chanted his name.

Lukaku is 26 years old and set to undergo a medical on Thursday, then sign a five-year contract worth €7.5m per season.

Manchester United purchased him from Everton in 2017 for €84.7m (£76m) and had hoped to make back that money, but Inter managed to negotiate them down over weeks of talks to €65m plus €10m in bonuses.

That translates to £60m with £9.2m in add-ons.

He had been on the verge of a move to Juventus last week, but Paulo Dybala turned down Manchester United and ruined the swap deal.

Image credit: @Michaelcuomo7

Tutta la gioia di #Lukaku: prima notte da interista e sorrisi nerazzurri! -

#Fcinter1908 pic.twitter.com/REIUWca24J

·
Registered
2,941 Posts

I think the fact that he was more comfortable and had relatively more success in an attacking Belgium team that boasts players like De Bryune, Hazard, Mertens, Muneir than a more defensive setup at United under Mourinho/Solskjaer makes a fair point....

Moratti doesn't seem happy with the transfer, saying Icardi is a better striker than Lukaku

Congrats as this is a record signing for Inter

·
Registered
15,064 Posts

·
Registered
15,064 Posts

I think the fact that he was more comfortable and had relatively more success in an attacking Belgium team that boasts players like De Bryune, Hazard, Mertens, Muneir than a more defensive setup at United under Mourinho/Solskjaer makes a fair point....

Moratti doesn't seem happy with the transfer, saying Icardi is a better striker than Lukaku

Congrats as this is a record signing for Inter
Belgium didn't play possession-based football at the last WC. A lot of their goals were counters.

His best ever season was at Everton and we know they weren't some crazy ball-playing tiki-takes side. Just check out the goals he scored for them. Mostly Lukaku driving into space on the break.

United did play on the break a lot, that's true. I've never really understood why he didn't perform better. Maybe confidence. Pogba was also terrible for long periods.

Moratti's comments were terrible yesterday. I think they are mostly rooted in a distrust of Conte and Marotta. I personally don't believe Icardi is a better player than Lukaku. Better finisher yes, better all-round player, No, since Icardi offers nothing outside the box.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts