Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What better way to celebrate the creation of the betting thread than to announce my £40 single on Liverpool to knock Manchester United out of the FA cup within 90 minutes.

The bet with Betfair returned £72 plus my stake and has set me up nicely for a slightly smaller punt on Preston at home to Middlesborough tomorrow.

Use this thread to boast about your ability to bash the bookies or to recount your tales of woe (we all have them).

In fact I'll tell you one of mine from a couple of seasons ago, I was waiting on Man City at home to Middlesborough for about £150. Keegan was the boss at the time and the after match stats read something like this:

Shots at goal

Manchester City 27 - Middlesborough 2

Shots on target

Manchester City 22 - Middlesborough 0

Final score Man City 0 Middlesborough 1 (courtesy of an own goal) :finger:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've told this one before.

Last season, I had a 15 team accumulator, they all won apart from one team, Gretna. They let a goal in, in the last minute, losing me about 45k. Gutted

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FFS!!!! :eekani: Credit to you Danny for not deciding to chuck yourself off the Forth road bridge.

Tottenham have just gone a goal down to Wigan in a match they're strong favourites to win so I've just stuck £10 on them at 2.3/1, come on you Spurs....I don't often say that :D

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FFS!!!! :eekani: Credit to you Danny for not deciding to chuck yourself off the Forth road bridge.

Tottenham have just gone a goal down to Wigan in a match they're strong favourites to win so I've just stuck £10 on them at 2.3/1, come on you Spurs....I don't often say that :D

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FFS!!!!! :eekani:

Full credit to you Danny for not chucking yourself off the Forth road bridge.

Tottenham have gone a goal down at home to Wigan in a match they are expected to win so I've just stuck £10 on them to come back and take the points at 2.3/1, come on you Spurs....and I VERY rarely say that:D

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, this wireless laptop is behaving a bit strangely:D

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A-ha....Mido......1-1. Go on you good thing :D

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one M10, who've you got the bet on with?

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
The Judge said:
Nice one M10, who've you got the bet on with?
I got an online account with Paddypower, who do you use?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Betfair for singles and WillHill for accas.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice one M10. Wonder what odds you'd have got on Celtic with a -6 start :D

A good performance from Wigan and a Yakubu double sank my Sunday specials but you can't win them all.;)

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm...What to do. When I announced (beforehand) my two bets they both bust but when you only announce success afterwards it looks suspicious.

Nevertheless started watching the Chelsea match after an hour and at 1-1 started placing £2 bets on Chelsea to win (up to £16) only returning £11 (well, I was pretty confident) and then once Cole gave them the lead on 79 mins started another row of £2 bets on Chelsea scoring the next goal, my "Chelsea win" profit was all but gone when wee Joe Cole pooped up in injury time with a peach (ignoring an injury feigning Drogba in the process). The profit of £26.74 clears my earlier lossed and gives me a couple of quid to use on tonights live BBC match. Nice one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My £6.74 has gone on Man City to score the first goal in their match with Aston Villa and so far they've missed the best chances...Darius Vassell, you muppet! :D

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm....the curse continues thanks to Milan Baros (against the run of play).

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Well I got £16.32 back from a £4.80 bet, not bad at all, I am not a big gambler to be honest.

Judge you need to get the tips in for the ECL fixtures midweek, try and turn my £16.32 into £36.32 ;) :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
I find that Skybet give good odds overall as I have used them for quite a while. I've already got £100 on Brazil to win the World Cup at 4/1. Also got £50 on Barcelona to win the Champions League at 2/1. Here's hoping.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I have been pondering over some world cup bets today.

I am going to put on big money for Brazil to win the competition, the best I can get is 16/5 with sportingodds.com but with my regular bookie (Paddy Power or Laddies) I am only getting 5/2 and 11/4 respectively.

I just cant see past Brazil and it will take a good team to stop them in full flow. I am contemplating putting on my biggest ever bet @ between £50-£100 on a winner.

I also stuck £5 on Sheva to win the top goalscorer @ 16/1 today with Laddies only to realise I was getting 25/1 with PP :frustrat:

·
Registered
520 Posts
maradona10 said:
I am going to put on big money for Brazil to win the competition, the best I can get is 16/5 with sportingodds.com but with my regular bookie (Paddy Power or Laddies) I am only getting 5/2 and 11/4 respectively.
Get on Skybet m10, 4/1 for the Sambas. Depending on the amount of takers, the price may have changed.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts