Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wich Derby match do you think is the best ?
And what do you think is better , the Classico or Derby Milano.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Wich Derby match do you think is the best ?
And what do you think is better , the Classico or Derby Milano.
This is a subjective-bound topic. Prsonally, there is nothing like the Milan - Inter derby

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
The biggest game in football is El Classico, while the biggest Derby is the Milan derby, closely followed by the Old Firm...

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Derby? Milan - Inter, since the Classico can't be described as a "derby".

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Only ever been 1 :

Rangers - Celtic.

Id seriously suggest closing the thread, I dont see where there is an arguement otherwise.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
or merge into the countless other threads that touched on the same topic

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I'd probably go for Galatasaray-Fenerbahce. The other big derbies in Europe are too political for me, while Gala-Fener has the same intense feeling without a political sauce on top of it. Also, it's the city derby of what to me is the best city I could possibly have lived in.

I would refuse to set any foot in the stadium for an Old Firm derby. That game has nothing or very little to do with football and both teams are plain sectarian :yuck:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
If 2 teams have to be from the same city for it to be considered a derby, why is the Juve - inter game called the "derby d'Italia?"

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
If 2 teams have to be from the same city for it to be considered a derby, why is the Juve - inter game called the "derby d'Italia?"
Because.both teams were the only teams who stayed in the serie A all over their history but now this is not true so it is not called Derby D italia anymore :pp

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
IMO the Rome-derby was more intense than MIlano-derby. Needless to say, Lazio is not even half the team of Milan and Inter and they still show up in the derby as a worldbeating team. Rome-derby brings that out from both teams, Milano derby isn't as intense imo.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Because.both teams were the only teams who stayed in the serie A all over their history but now this is not true so it is not called Derby D italia anymore :pp
Okay, i knew about the d'Italia part, but that doesn't explain the word derby in a rivalry between 2 teams from different cities.

I just checked multiple dictionaries and it has nothing about derbies in the football context, so maybe a derby can be between teams from different cities.

IMO the Rome-derby was more intense than MIlano-derby. Needless to say, Lazio is not even half the team of Milan and Inter and they still show up in the derby as a worldbeating team. Rome-derby brings that out from both teams, Milano derby isn't as intense imo.
True that.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Probably Boca-River.

But biggest football game is the El Classico.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
valencia v levante is the best derby and to prove how amazing it is, watch it on sunday at ..whatever time it is coming on!
jokin.. In england they reall think about the derbies like tottenham v arsenal as a really big derby, it is actually shit!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
If you are looking for a derby of sheer madness, the Sevilla-Betis derby is just plain out nuts. Its more intense and heated than any other derby i can think of, these two teams just loathe each other.

The game is this weekend by the way ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts