Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a FM can make a poll with this, but which is the best WC that you have seen?

To me USA 94 :cool:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
in the latest decade, perhaps WC '94 was better than '98 and '02. and the most memorable moment that i enjoyed a lot was the fall of Germany :D .
it was a pitty WC '94 final gave us a 0-0 result

·
Registered
129 Posts
The world cup 94 is good, but not the best. England and France do not take part in this match.:eek:

I watched 5 matches of Germany, Buchwald is too old, he is 34 years old. Effenburg, Basler left the team before the match between Germany and Bulgaria. As we all know, why Effenburg left the team?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Benarrivo?? The left back, No.3 in Azzuri. But the Italian footballer who I like the best is Dino Baggio. I have seen the match between Italy and Norway, Pagliuca was out, and Baggio was out,too. At that time, another Baggio¡ª¡ªDino Baggio saved the Azzuri.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
ºÇºÇ£¬I watched the final between Italy and Brazil. At first, Benarrivo is the left back. Later, Cafu in and Jorginho out, Benarrivo changed his poisition. Maledini became the left back to defend Cafu.:D

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
WC'90 was the best WC for me. Although I was only eight and I vaguely remember the games, I remember watching it with a lot of exuberance.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
France-WC '98 :star:

In 94,Greece took part but i was just 10 years old and i remember no more than the 3 Greek games and the final.

In 98,the first WC that followed almost game by game,a really great one!!So much memorable matches,beautiful goals and Chile reaching the 16,with 4 goals by "Matador" Salas.;)

In 2002,of course i watched it but of course i got :yuck: by the referess that were helping whovever they wanted (especially South Korea) and i got :yuck: for the fact that this South Korea reached the semis.:rolleyes: No so many good matches as well.I hope Germany 2006 will be an a lot better WC.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
The 82 WC, amazing teams. The one I've enjoy the most, against all my principles, Italy 90, funny and tragic as hell.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
seeler1970 said:
The world cup 94 is good, but not the best. England and France do not take part in this match.:eek:

I watched 5 matches of Germany, Buchwald is too old, he is 34 years old. Effenburg, Basler left the team before the match between Germany and Bulgaria. As we all know, why Effenburg left the team?
please dont tell me that 2002 was better than 94 ;)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
MARADONA 86

That was when I began to watch football. I remember some of the best moments very vividly. No following WC's were even close.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hmmmmmmm.......

Italia 90
Vaguely, vaguely remember having an England shirt from that period. Don't think I watched it, though.....

USA '94
Can just remember the penalty shootout from the Final. Oh, and the gay opening ceremony with Diana Ross.

France '98
Here we go. The first World Cup I can properly remember. Chilavert smacked a shot off the bar against the Bulgarians. Owen's goal against Argentina. Batty's penalty miss (I had a soft spot for him since his Newcastle days). Zubizuretta being crap. Ronaldo's will he/won't he Final appearance. Listening to the England-Tunisia game during school was nice. The teacher just left the room when Shearer scored. Becks' free-kick against Columbia. Quite a good tournament. Croatia finishing third was good, too.

Japan/Korea 2002
In my opinion, the most entertaining. The poor officials, the back-handers and the girlish screams that accompanied every Korea goal. The England-Argie game was tense. Rivaldo's play-acting and Ahn being sacked for scoring against the Italians. USA being cheated out of a Semi spot and Ronaldo's performance in the final.

It's the best WC I've ever seen.

·
Registered
936 Posts
For the Dutch it's the 74WC in Germany.
But without looking through my dutch glasses I can only say one thing:

Maradona. :horny: :horny: :horny:

So WC86 it is. (Those poor English and Belgium defenders still don't know what happened)

WC90 was probably the worst of all. (We're there any goals scored at all:confused: )

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Has there ever been a poll about this? It sounds like a good idea to do a poll about this with the WC's from 1970 onwards (that many of us have seen).

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Latinlover said:
Has there ever been a poll about this? It sounds like a good idea to do a poll about this with the WC's from 1970 onwards (that many of us have seen).
Yeah, but only the Forum Managers can do that.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
England 1966 was the best World Cup by a mile, also it was the last tournament to be played on a gravel pitch with all teams wearing dull strips. ;) even the spectators dressed in grey suits.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts