Xtratime Community banner

the best team ever!!!!!

1K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Ze da Fiel 
#1 ·
the best team ever is defenitely the brasilian team of 1970.
with rivelinho,carlos alberto,jairzinho,tostao,gerson,piazza and the king PELE.
they beat up italy 4-1 in the final and pele scored a fantastic goal.
the rimet trophy went to brazil forever.
i wasn't even born in 1970 but i got a movie with the world cup,and i have seen it many times.i really like the way they played,it was really fantastic.
i tried to find out more about the players,not only the way they played on the pitch.for exampel what they are doing now,what clubs they played for and stuff like that.the oldest player in the team was the goolie felix,not one of the best players in the team,but he wasn't bad.but brazil had a great defence and he hadn't much to do in some games.the youngest player was clodoaldo i think,he was great but this was actually his only world cup.
i have seen some players nowadays too.
pele and carlos albero.
but i must know more about some players who are difficult to find on the net.
maybe you know more?
do you agree with me,is this the best team ever,i think so

See less See more
#2 ·
Nasty nick,
Yes ti was the best team ever. The only problem was the goalie....but he conceded 2 at the back, the strikers would score 6 in the front.
All the front line o brazil wore the #10 shirt in their clubs.
Pele for Santos
Tostao for Cruzeiro
Jairzinho for Botafogo
Rivelino for Corinthians
Gerson for Sao Paulo

Piazza was a midfielder for Cruzeiro , but he could not be left out of the team so they put him in defense.
The team was magic, with Pele, Carlos Alberto Torres and Gerson as the leaders of the team.
Pity that the manager was Zagallo...mainly cause of the president of the country.!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

#3 ·
what do you know about brito,clodoaldo,everaldo and the others?

#4 ·
Brito played for Corinthians , don't know hwat he does now.
Everaldo played for Gremio, haven't got a clue about him.
And Clodoaldo played for Santos and he is a director for Santos today.
Gerson is a commentator for TV...my favourite commentator world wide! :)
Jairzinho is an agent...he discovered Ronaldo :)
Tostao is a doctor and a commentator
Rivelino is a commentator
Carlos Alberto is a manager, but not very good
Felix dosn't know what happened to him.
that's it basically!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

#5 ·
wow you seems to know everything,more than i ever though someone could tell me.
so many players has become comentators.
in italy we have a few great players who started to comment.
thank you very much
now i know who im gonna ask if i wanna know something about brasilian football

[This message has been edited by nasty nick (edited 24-04-2000).]

#6 ·
thanks for the compliment nasty nick.
were are you from?
Gerson would be my favourite to be BRazilian manager...he is the one that knows everything :) inside and outside the pitch.
I have never seen someone to know about tactics and game plan...positioning like he does...he's amazing! :)
In 1970 , Zagallo did not want to put Tostao on the team so Gerson, Pele and Carlos Alberto put Zagallo agaisnt the wall and told him that the team would play the way they liked and wanted, and that Tostao would beon the team. Zagallo never had the balls to conforntate Pele and Gerson! :) Good taht he did not!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

#7 ·
hi,i live in sweden,but i am also half italian.
what i heard of the team of 1970,gerson was the master of tactics,he was a genius in tough situations(did they have any)
so it would be oerfect to see him as the national coach.1n 1970 a guy named edu started on top but then zagallo replaced him with tostao,according to me tostao was better,but i know little about edu.
maybe you know some more about him?

#8 ·
Yeah
Edu was very good, left winger, played for Santos with Pele.
He played in the cup when he was 16 years old I think...or he played for Brazil when he was 16 years old. Today he works for Santos!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

#9 ·
i found a very good page with brasilian football a couple of months ago,i must find it again.i could read about all the great teams and many great players.
the only problem was that it was written in portuguese.i couldn't understand it,only a few words.

#10 ·
what do you know about dirceu lopez???

#11 ·
NOt much,
he played for Cruzeiro in the 60's and 70's. HAd a power left shot....played with Tostao! :)
I always getthe Dirceu's mixed up..is he the one that played in Italy and in the 78 WC

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

#12 ·
i don't think he ever played in italy.
but there is one other guy named jose dirceu who played 3 wc,1974,78,82.
but the one i mentioned never played any wc at all.

G
#13 ·
THe 1970 team was the best, except a world-class keeper was missing. They surely taught the "catanacio" style Italy in the Final, 4-1, one of the most significant games ever, attacking football always wins over defensive, no matter how hard you defend, and with players like Pele in the team it wasn't hard to breakthrough.
Also, the 1982 WC team deserves some recognition, Falcao,Zico,Junior,Socrates(probably the greatest Brazilian player never to have won a WC) and of course the 1994 winning team wasn't bad either, Romario and co.

#14 ·
For sure the Dream Team from Brasil in 70!It was not a team made of world class players but of Extra-terresterials!All Genius!
Also as Ze mentioned that the up-front men in that team all wore the #10 jersey with their clubs says it all...
Ze, since i saw in your profile that one of your interest is Ipanema Beach, have you checked that great site about that piece of Paradise called Ipanema?
The URL is :www.ipanema.com
Tell me more about Paradise Ze (Brasil) and the language spoken there (portuguese).
I'm french but in love with Brasil...and Brasilian football.
ANyways, tchao Amigao.
Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez Les Bleus!(The Ultimate World Champions!)
Arriba Espana!
Viva Brasil!

#15 ·
Brazil WC1970 is argubly the best football team ever. The way they brushed aside Italy in the final was just fantastic. However the Italians could be excused for still being tired after that breathtaking semifinal that went to extratime against West Germany. But even at full power, the Brazilians would have won the game anyway.

Of other great Brazilian teams, I'll mention the class of '82. Wonderful team that had everything in attack. Sadly, their goalkeeper Waldir Perez was one of the worst keepers ever. I didn't fancy their striker Serginho either. He looked so "unbrazilian" in his way of playing. (wasn't Careca first choice, but got injured?) But Zico, Falcao, Junior, Socrates and my personal favourite, Eder all turned on the style and played some marvellous football that summer in Spain. But a certain Mr.Rossi ended the dream waaay to early. You won't win against Italy when you concede 3 goals. That's how it is.

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

#16 ·
San Siro,
likes that you are french and recognize football :) I honestly think (no disrespect to frech football) that if we played you guys 10 times, we would lose one, draw the other and win all the rest. Luckliy that day was your day.!Yes i've checked taht site....my dream is to live in Ipanema...my favourite neighbhood of the world. YOugot everything their......the biggest millionaire to a poor people....all the stars, mixing with the people....the most beautiful women of the world, themost beautiful urban scene of the world etc..etc....etc... and of course the musci of the legend Antonio Carlos Brasileiro Jobim...or simply Tom Jobim! :)
Jan A, Careca got injured so did Reinaldo a prolific goalscorer...he also played in 78! BUt injuries were always his problem :(
Then we had the lunatic of Serginho Chulapa.....he's folclorical, we alwasy be remembered for being a lunatic, drunk and a pycho ....collecting loads of fights in his career...but he was cool :) Hated Corinthians though :(
Waldir Perez...I hate that guy :(
It's sad taht someone like Paulo Sergio is a World Champion and Zico, Socrates, Falcao etc...are not :(

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

#17 ·
im sure brazil 1982 would have been called "one of the best teams ever" if they had won the wc,but now they lost and things are diffrent.....

#18 ·
without question, the 1970 team was the best ever. and the only team that could play competitively with the 1970 team is the 1982 team, led by the great FALCAO!

nasty nick, if you want some more information on those 1970 (and 1982) guys, here it is:
--tostao does commentary for jornal do brasil, a brazilian newspaper. http://www.jb.com.br and click on "colunas" to see a list of names; click on his name for a picture of him now.
--clodoaldo had major heart surgery about 18 months ago. i think he's only like 48 years old.
--socrates is a doctor and smokes about 10 packs of cigarettes a day, i heard. he does some commentary for gazeta esportiva, brazilian sports paper. http://www.gazetaesportiva.com.br
--falcao, the king! he does tv commentary for globo. remember the beautiful, long, curly blond hair? well, he's almost completely bald now. when i was in brazil last year, i took a picture of him on television so i could bring it back and show it to my dad.
--eder: a guy who works with me is good friends with eder. they grew up together. my friend went to see eder, zico, socrates and some other players in an exhitibition in jamaica last year. he showed me pics. eder still looks good, but a little fatter (of course).

#19 ·
I think Everaldo is dead. I know one of the starting eleven for Brazil 1970 died and I'm pretty sure it's him.

Carlos Alberto has a football school with his brother. I read about the team in a book called "the Beautiful Team". Jairinzho was a prick - a true agent. He demanded some big appreance fee just to be interviewed so the author didn't interview him.

[This message has been edited by daeone (edited 01-05-2000).]

#20 ·
thanks falcao,i saw the page.
clodoaldo was born in 1949 for sure.

#22 ·
i just saw a brazilian magazine called Manchete. it was a carnaval issue. Rivelino spent the whole carnaval with his girlfriend/wife (a beautiful young blonde) and wanderlay luxemburgo. the magazine said the three of them were together everywhere. rivelino looks really young still and he has a big black moustache. (his wife was HOT -- but what do you expect for the star of 1970?!)

#23 ·
my favorite brasilian player right now is rivaldo and flavio.
what about you guys?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.