Xtratime Community banner

The best técnico of the Seleção of the past four years?

• Mário "The Old Wolf" Zagallo

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Wanderley "The Professor" Luxemburgo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leão

• Felipe "Felipão" Scolari

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past four years, who has been the best técnico of the Seleção Brasileira: Mário Zagallo, Wanderley Luxemburgo, Leão, or Felipe Scolari?

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For me, it has to be Zagallo. Overall, his record speaks for itself, having won something like 99 out of 140 matches as técnico of the Seleção Brasileira. In 1998, he took Brasil to the final of the World Cup, and I think that if he would have remained técnico afterwards, Brasil would have had few problems qualifying for the 2002 World Cup.

Luxemburgo, Leão, and Scolari, all might have been a good idea at first. Ironically, however, instead of bringing to the Seleção the things they were supposed to bring - such as professionalism, rationalism, organization, and discipline -, they totally lacked. Over the qualifying campaign the called up over 70 players. The Seleção lacked direction and stability. The tactics often lacked logic. Players that should not have been called up were called up because they were the técnico's pets. Other players that should have been called up were not called up, most notably Romário, because of personal vandettas and because of the stubborness on the part of the técnicos.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Overall it was Zagallo (hard to say this though!)

Calloing the players i say it would be Leao, and also the most corageus, when he got fed up with the usual figures of Emerson, Rivaldo, Cafu and RC he was brave enough to go with some of the players that played in brazil. Then the confederation cup came in a wrong moment for him, with the end of many state championships and he took a 4th rate team there and got axed in the airport.

The biggest hypocrit was Luxemburgo, and the biggest coward....Felipao (who would have thought???):rolleyes: :devil: :(

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Easy question for me, It will always be Zagallo! :star:

I've got nothing more then respect for this man, the way he made football for Brazil so beutiful and made the players deciplined and always knew what players to put in is simply amazing. He's a true technico, not a hypocrite nor a coward, He always called up the players he thought had skills and never had any drama brought into the national team like Luxemburgo and Felipao have done in the past 2 years! :eek:

He may have liked idiots like Junior Baino and all and is cricticised for that but what do you call Luxemburgo's Odvan or Felipao's little current asslicker also known as Roque Loser.. oops, i mean Roque Junior that Puff daddy wannabe. :D

Anyway, Zagallo will stay in my heart forever.. for bringing me the beutiful football of Brazil, he introduced me to Brazil.. the one that i started to love ever since the year of 1997! :)

Thank you! Thank you very much! :angel:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I blame Zagallo for the failure of WC98. Now lets be fair. Luxemburgo may have his faults but I do believe, like Felipao, he would have found a way to get the team qualified. No one said anything of his tactics when we were rolling over everybody in Copa 99.
Lea was the least succesfull because he did not win anything with the team. He was actually a victim of Luxemburgo's success.

so who's best? if we beat Portugal tomorrow, I'll vote for Felipao.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Billi,
to get Brazil into a World Cup is nothing more than there obligation. It's what it's least expected from them!
but it took us three coaches to get there this time so let's not take credit away from the one who's done it.

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Billi said:
I blame Zagallo for the failure of WC98.
If you have to blame someone, it is the French team for being that good this 12th July of 98...not Zagallo.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I agree with Hypno, France were just the better team and we have to face it and I don't think just choking in the finals is considered a World Cup failure. :rolleyes:

Anyway, can you make a point and tell me what Zagallo did wrong in the World Cup finals? :mad:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Billi,
He lsot all his away games and won all his home games.....not an impressive record! MIght be for small teams, but we are not a small team, we are the #1.

If you check the statistics Luxemburgo was the manager that has more points per ratio won, not Felipao, who only won 9 points out of a possible 18! (3 wins and 3 defeats, being one of them extremely pathetic...Bolivia!):eek: :( :devil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts