Xtratime Community banner

Who was our best striker the last few years?

• Alfonso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anderson

• Archibald

• Asensi

• Barrios

• Christiansen

• Claves

• Cuellar

• Dani

• Jordi

• Kluivert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Krankl

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Lineker

• Maradona

• Oscar

• "Pichi" Alonso

• Pizzi

• Quini

• Rexach

• Rivaldo

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Romario

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Salinas

• Saviola

• Stoichkov

Votes: 6 18.2%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was the best striker we had in recent years?
Since Figo :yuck: probably will vote for Alfonso, one vote for Alfonso won't be counted.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Thanks for your help, Krijn!:)

I want to explain first; Since it`s n my opinion not fair to vote for a player you`ve never seen, that`s why there`s only players from 1970 and forward listed. I don`t expect anyone in here to have seen Kubala play many matches. That`s why he isn`t listed for exampel. From the 90`s I`ve listed almost every attacker that has played for us. Just because I know there`s alot of young persons in here and you can use these players as referenses. I truley don`t expect Kodro or Cuellar to win this poll for exampel.

If you miss any player, please let either me or Krijn know as quick as possible. Dugarry isn`t listed for obvious reasons for exampel.

Enjoy and we`re all looking forward to nice debates and a nice result!:)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i will vote for kluivert becaus ei think that he is the best striker in the world;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
You can´t be serious in leaving Kodro out. I mean, you guys just overlooked him, right? ;)

Best striker of the recent years, starts with K, ends with L and had an unbelievable talent in playing for the best teams and scoring against the biggest scum.

You guessed it right, that´s my unbiased vote. :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I voted for Ronaldo. In his days at Barca, he has shown us why we love football. He's IMO one of the only players in the world who is able to use nice moves and tricks in an effective manner. He's a reason to go to the stadium and watch the game.

I just hope he'll recover completely from his injuries because, besides a wonderful player, he's a good person too!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
what about korneiev? escaich? i would like vote by stoitchov,romario,ronaldo,rivaldo,kluivert,lineker...saviola is too early

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Btw, someone you really forgot: Aitor "Txiqui" Beguiristain
Probably not as world-class as Ronaldo or Romario, but one of my (and some other fans too, I guess) favourites, he deserves to have his name up there.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like these kinda polls...because this is the kind of polls where there is one absolute winner and then a huge gap with the rest...
That's how it is with Romário anyway... ;)
Ronaldo was great too, but well, he lasted even less long than Romário...Hope to see Ronaldo return one day, maybe then this poll will have another winner...

·
Registered
918 Posts
i have never seen REXACH playing , but i heard that he was a good striker and till now he has ZERO votes >>>>> COME ON GUYS , DONT LET HIS COACHING SKILLS AFFECT YOUR VOTING :D :tongue:

i go for RIVALDO although i dont like him that much but he deserves it ;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have been lucky enough to see many strikers play for Barca. Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Maradona but the best for me has been Stoitchkov. As you may guess from my username ;)

True, the players mentioned before may have had more skill or more tricks, he also had skill, but he played to win every single game he played in. He showed passion, determination and commitment. One minute he could be nasty with the opposition then the next minute he would have his arm around the "enemy" having a laugh and joke with them. He was unpredictable.

And he hated Real Madrid. Like when he said when talking about Real Mardrid, "Theres just somthhing about that team that gets right up my back!" - he was a player but at the same time he was just like one of us - the fans.

And he loved Barca. Remember when he resigned for the club under Bobby Robson and he scored in his "comeback" game against, I think, Real Oviedo, he ran towards the Barca fans and kissed the club badge.

He loved Barca.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
my fave is romario followed by ronaldo and rivaldo

on a side note would hugo sotil crack the top 30 strickers of barcelona from 1970 to 2002?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
well Maradona wasnt really a striker but he is the greatest player in the world .. i voted for him and with him aorund you dont strikers.... he will score golas even if the hand is needed..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
although ronnie's style got me lovin' barca, i would have to say romario was the best...

the sheer cheek of the guy sayin he would score 30 in his first season, then doing it even tho he was suspended for many of the games....

not even ronaldo could manage 30 goals ! (i think he hit 24 in his debut season)

romario is a goal machine, its like the ball is attracted to his clinical foot, and for a short guy he aint bad with the head either...

despite this, i think ronnie was more feared by defenders cos not only could he score and win the game, but he could really humilate the defenders in the process...

saviola's second goal against alaves reminded me of ronnie's style.... god bless that kid, lets hope he goes all the way !

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I`ve voted for Romario. Do I have to say why? ;)

I think it`s SO hard to choose the best Barça striker! Tough job, guys! And I`m happy the things are going this way. :)

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I too went for Romario since it's him and nobody or nothing else that made me a cule. :proud: :star:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
MxPx> I had Kodro in the list I sent to Krijn. But just like he said; there was only room for 25 names. Txiki is a superb player. He will be in the next poll which will be over the best wingers in our history. If he doesn`t win that poll, that only means that the majority is around 15 years old in here.

Super Puyol> I don`t expect Cuellar for exampel to recive any votes. I just wanted to fill out the places.:)

This is a very easy if you think about it. Romàrio, Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Stoitchkov are the best four. No one can dobnt that. After them it`s only about personal opinions. Here`s my top 10 and the only once woth to mention;

Stoitchkov
Romàrio
Rivaldo
Ronaldo
Archibald
Lineker
Salinas
Kluivert
Pizzi
Anderson

Strange that Rivaldo only has one vote meanwhile Kluivert has two. Also a vote for Saviola. A bit early maybe?

I`m looking forward to see Roger and GJ`s choises. I`m sure that there lists will be diffrent than most of us others.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Here goes:
1) Romario and Ronaldo (can't decide)
3) Stoitchkov
4) Rivaldo
5) Archibald
6) Salinas
7) Kluivert
8) Simonsen (only seen on TV)
9) Krankl (same)
10 Pizzi (not as good as Lineker but scorer of important goals)

Didn't vote for Maradona because he's not a striker. Will look forward to the wingers' poll Robban.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts