Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My top 3:

1. Anotnin Panenka for Czechs in European Championschip agains Germany (I don't remember year exactly)
2. David Beckham from match Argentina - England in wC 2002
3. Ruslan Baltijev in the match Greece - Kazakhstan in WCQ 2006

Pretty was also penalty by McAlister in the match Barca - Liverpool in UEFA Cup some years ago and some penalties by Maakay.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Once I saw Di Canio score for West Ham. The penalty he hit was just a little dink/lob, which wasn't even high enough to go over a person but the keeper somehow got really faked out cause he leaped to the right really far but the ball went right in the centre of the goal at a pretty slow speed.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Worldcup final 1974

Johan Neeskens trademark penalty kick.
Very hard and right in the middle... white dust blew of the penalty mark. :D

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
For me the one Robben scored for Holland against Sweden at EC2004. Not because it was that beautifull but because for us it marked the end of an era of loosing to penalties.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cruijff's penalty with ajax was cool where instead of shooting he just tapped it to the side and his team mate ran onto it and then passed back to cruijff for a tap in. clever and hilarious cos the keeper just didnt know what was going on

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
dmkl said:
Cruijff's penalty with ajax was cool where instead of shooting he just tapped it to the side and his team mate ran onto it and then passed back to cruijff for a tap in. clever and hilarious cos the keeper just didnt know what was going on
You're right!!!!!
Damn, that was the most original penalty I have ever seen. :D

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Poland-Cement said:
My top 3:

1. Anotnin Panenka for Czechs in European Championschip agains Germany (I don't remember year exactly)
1976,the Final was played at the Maksimir stadium in Zagreb.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Portugese NT EURO 2004

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
dmkl said:
Yep that was the best penalty :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Basinas penalty agasint Portugal and Denmark
all of Katsouranis for AEK ;o

·
Registered
788 Posts
For me as a Milan fan it was Sheva's penalty against Juve...I will forever remember the predator look in his eyes before the whistle...:star:

·
Registered
580 Posts
you guys remember postiga's penalty fromEuro2k4? the only person on the portugal team smiling after that was Deco, everyone else wanted to kill him.

Where did he get the balls to do that? He's had a shit season in England, is brought on to replace Figo in what could have been his last match ever, and he decides to chip the ball! To be honest it was going at such a pace that James should've gotten back up and saved.

·
Registered
625 Posts
leoshev said:
For me as a Milan fan it was Sheva's penalty against Juve...I will forever remember the predator look in his eyes before the whistle...:star:
In contrast, Trezeguet looked as if he was going to cry before he took the pentaly, poor guy :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts