• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the first poll of many that I will make.The countries that are in these polls are Sweden,Norway,Denmark and Finland.Ofcourse I couldn´t include Iceland and the Faroe Islands since we have no member here who could help me with all those players so we just have to settle with these :sigh:....The winner in this poll will be named as the keeper in the 4-4-2 formation that I will use for the All star team.

Also be as objective as you can be.I don´t want that only players from the same country win this just because they have more members here ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I voted for Sorensen.A goalkeeper who does constanlty good for Sunderland at PL.Hedman was a thought but I opted for Sorensen cause I think he is a wee bit better.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i voted for hedman in this poll,even if i doen't like him much i think he's the best of these candidates.ofcourse schmeichel is an awesome keeper but lately he hasn't been that good and he'll also qiut to play football soon,but if this had been an poll about the best keeper of the 90's he would have won easily.

the finnsih keepers are kind of unknown for him,i have haerd their names and seen 2 of them play,but that's it.

sörensen is also okey but i haven't seen that much of him yet,he has alot to do before he can even be called denmark's best keper.but his time will come now when good ole peter quits.

thomas myhre is also pretty new in the norwegian NT,in wc 98 i remember the clown grodaas.he's a good keeper for those who have seen him in action but hedman has alot more experience when it comes to NT football,he's without doubt sweden's best keeper and also scandinavias best i think.
he's also even cause he rarely do bad games,the only problem is that he's playing for crap-covetry.

my vote goes to magnus hedman.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I voted for Sørensen as well, I think both Myhre and Hedman are up there with Sørensen, but recent performances has put him in the top spot. If this team actually happened, I think he would have a hard time keeping his place in the team if he made some mistakes or played bad for Sunderland. But right now, he is the one to choose :)

[Edited by Orange on 13-03-2001 at 09:16]

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My vote went for Sörensen who I think is indeed the best keeper in Scandinavia right now.He is sure of a place for one of the best clubs in England like Sunderland while Hedman is struggling to have a first place for the bottom placed Coventry.He is struggling with some youngster there and I don´t remember his name but I´m sure Wäkster does ;)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
The players name is Chris Kirkland :) He has played 14 matches, but only 3 of those have been in 2001, while Hedman has played 15 matches, 5 of those in 2001 :)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Sörensen is very good, just like Hedman,Niemi and Schmeichel...
In the end my vote gone to Hedman! :happy:
Were waiting for oyu at Highbury Hedman! :D

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Well, actually I'm ashamed :embarass:
I knew maybe the half of the players by name, I wouldn't recognize them if I saw them :(
But Jimmy told me who Sørensen was, but still I thought Hedman deserved my vote in the end.
He has been tested on his skills much more than Sørensen, cuz Magnus plays for a crap team :dielaugh:

And if his career would suddenly come to an end, he can always pick up the commentator job that he has done very well a couple of matches for Fyran :)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
YEAH! :D
Hedman rocks mega hard as commentator!!! :happy:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Well, well, seems like a close one between Sörensen and Hedman:cool:, my vote went for Hedman, simple because I am a bit:eek: to say this but I haven´t seen Sörensen that much to give him my vote without even knowing what I think of him...and as my buddy mentioned, since Hedman is playing for a crap team I think he has done the best he can in the goal:)

And I totally agree, Hedman as a comentator wouldn´t be too bad, but I guess he has to wait at least a few years before he consider doing that:D

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow,this was a real close poll.I had no idea it would be this close :eekani:....But that is great :happy:.....Another great thing is that 23 people have voted in this poll and that is pretty much I guess for a forum like this.It must be many people that follows this forum I guess :cool:

But you are still entitled to vote.This poll will not be closed today so if you wanna vote now it´s time to do it before this poll gets dead because then I will tell one of the moderators to close this one :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I voted for Sorensen because after seeing him, Myhre & Hedman all ply their trade in the EPL, i think Sorensen has done especially well being so young and ahs "looked the part" since Sunderlands first game in the EPL

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
That just might have been the vote that decided it, Sørensen is now leading, and is looking more and more like the scandi first keeper :)

Nice to see Thomas Myhre getting some votes as well :)

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well,now it´s time to close this topic and I have asked Rashed to do that on MSN so no one else needs to close it ;)

The winner in thst poll is Thomas Sörensen and he will be named the keeper in the team and I will now start the next poll so look out for that one also :)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
As you see Jimmy just asked me to close this topic...so I will :D
I just think Jimmy did an exellent work here :proud: so many votes and so much interest :)

Ahhhh, now I've secured the last post on this one :tongue:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.