28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beyond doubt:

-------------------------------Abbiati

Zambro---------------Nesta :hopeful: ---Kaladaze----------Janku

------------------------------- Pirlo

Flamini-------------------------Ambro---------------------Seedorf

-------------------------------Kaka

-----------------------------Pippo (when fit, otherwise Pato)

Have your say :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...forgot to mention, according to fitness and adversery, Ronaldinho and Gattuso could make it to the starting 11 replacing Flamini and Kaka. :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Interesting; Ronaldinho doesn't even get a starting spot on your team? Funny, because I was going t oask how peopole here felt about his performances at the Olympics. I only saw him play against Cameroon, but it seems to me that he is not anywhere near as mobile or quick like before (this could return with time). He seemed to be on the field to take free kicks and corners. Diego seemed to be the main playmaker and got the ball a lot while Ronaldinho played out left and got occasional touches. Perhaps this is the scheme for the selecao? Seems to me that if Ronnie is going to be succesful and effective he needs to get frequent touches and be one of the players that play goes through...not simply an accessory player.

As for your starting 11, I would not cahnge much but wonder where Dinho will fit in (Seedorf's spot?) and whether we get a healthy Pippo. Pato should get major minutes/starts as Pippo is used in clutch time but not as a primary starter.

Seedorf has been great so far this pre-season and was very important last season so I have a hard time seeintg him sit but if Dinho starts I think its in his spot.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What was the point of signing Ronaldinho then? :googly:
Unfortunately Seedorf ain't getting any younger, so to answer your indeed legitimate query: depth :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting; Ronaldinho doesn't even get a starting spot on your team? Funny, because I was going t oask how peopole here felt about his performances at the Olympics. I only saw him play against Cameroon, but it seems to me that he is not anywhere near as mobile or quick like before (this could return with time). He seemed to be on the field to take free kicks and corners. Diego seemed to be the main playmaker and got the ball a lot while Ronaldinho played out left and got occasional touches. Perhaps this is the scheme for the selecao? Seems to me that if Ronnie is going to be succesful and effective he needs to get frequent touches and be one of the players that play goes through...not simply an accessory player.

As for your starting 11, I would not cahnge much but wonder where Dinho will fit in (Seedorf's spot?) and whether we get a healthy Pippo. Pato should get major minutes/starts as Pippo is used in clutch time but not as a primary starter.

Seedorf has been great so far this pre-season and was very important last season so I have a hard time seeintg him sit but if Dinho starts I think its in his spot.
Obviously age favours Ronaldinho and Pato over Seedorf and Pippo. :neutral:

P.S. On a side note, Oddo plays worse and worse each game.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
But as to my question; any thoughts on Ronnie's play in the Olympics? Have you seen any full matches (hiughlights mean nothing). He is definitely not the same player as in 2006.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Depending on adversaries, I'm thinking such a lineup might be feasible against the likes of Lecce, Bologna, Siena or Reggina :hopeful:

Abbiati
Zambrotta - Nesta - Kaladze - Jankulovski
Seedorf - Pirlo - Ambrosini
Kaka
Pato - Ronaldinho​

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Bono posted a lineup almost identical to mine seconds earlier and I blame that on my internet connection speed :stuckup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But as to my question; any thoughts on Ronnie's play in the Olympics? Have you seen any full matches (hiughlights mean nothing). He is definitely not the same player as in 2006.
Obviously he'll need to improve in order to bench Calamity Clarence :neutral: May a month long hard training lead him to better his current form. Even Pato hasn't performed that well :notlist:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
.....in all fairness I believe Carletto will indeed field him in a number of games :neutral:
I think we might see him in more than just a number of games :neutral: Considering Kaka's injury, Ronnie might play in the Kaka role right at the start of the season, though he no longer has that burst of speed and penetration 2 years ago.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Abiati
Zambrotta-Nesta-Ivanovic-Janku
Flamini-Pirlo-Seedorf
Kaka
Pato-Dinho

;)
....that's 8 offensive minded players out of 10 :eek:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Considering Kaka's injury, Ronnie might play in the Kaka role right at the start of the season, though he no longer has that burst of speed and penetration 2 years ago.

Dinho seems to have totally lost his first couple of steps. It just occured to me that maybe we have a vice-Pirlo in Ronaldinho. He has great control, touch, vision and passing and seemed to do a lot of lob passes into space ala Pirlo. What he did not show was anything that warranted him playing on the left wing. There, he needs pace and the abiulity to beat defenders. I did not see him do this once in that match, but he did move the ball around and distribute it nicely.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Abiati
Zambrotta-Nesta-Ivanovic-Janku
Flamini-Pirlo-Seedorf
Kaka
Pato-Dinho

;)

When did we get Ivanovic? I thought teh deal was dead. Or is this just Bono's joyous optimism again? ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think we might see him in more than just a number of games :neutral: Considering Kaka's injury, Ronnie might play in the Kaka role right at the start of the season, though he no longer has that burst of speed and penetration 2 years ago.

....so if I well understand, either Kaka or Ronaldinho depending on fitness and level of adversary will par with Calamity Clarence upfront.
Have I well understood? :hopeful:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dinho seems to have totally lost his first couple of steps. It just occured to me that maybe we have a vice-Pirlo in Ronaldinho. He has great control, touch, vision and passing and seemed to do a lot of lob passes into space ala Pirlo. What he did not show was anything that warranted him playing on the left wing. There, he needs pace and the abiulity to beat defenders. I did not see him do this once in that match, but he did move the ball around and distribute it nicely.
I have high hopes in Cardaccio fullfilling this role :hopeful:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
I've said before in the "Ronaldinho signs for Milan thread" thread that Ronnie could alternate with Pirlo in the regista position. I don't know if Ronnie's conserving energy for the latter stages of the tournament (football teams only get 2 days of rest in between games at the Olympics instead of the usual 3 days or more), but he does seem to be running a lot lesser. But like a certain Ronnie before him, I still think he has the pace to beat his defender in short sprints within the range of 10 to 15 meters.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts