Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
i've said it before, but he belongs in the wing. he's not creative and is not good as a playmaker.

on the wing he could find his form and juve would win the scudetto the next season

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Nedved landed in Turin with the honorific title of "best left winger of Serie A", the king of penetration from the left to the center. He had plenty of time to settle in, Lippi has been patient with him, but somehow he failed to make an impact whatsoever.

Lippi moved him in a free central role (not as a playmaker actually)in his 4-31-2 tactical scheme, where he's been quite impressive the last few weeks with ratings rarely under 6.5-7...

So yes, I rather keep him there and buy another winger to replace than risking to break the chemistry without any warranties about the positivity of such a move.

I don't know what makes you think we cannot win a scudetto as long as he doesn't play on the flank, tarmpropp.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
we can win it, i didn't say we couldn't win it with nedved in the free role, but i think our formation now is not the best for us.

just look at how good dp played with neddy on the left at the start of the season. i also think zambo should be on the right, but he has to play right-center to get the formation to work.

i also think neddy could play just as good on the left, while a player like d'allesandro or riquelme needs to play in the center to work at his best. i think we lack offensive midfield power, we need someone a little bit more creative than nedved IMO.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
neddy is a player who can play both and play great at both as he has shown throughout at his career.

if nedved plays on the left, he needs an attacking midfielder in the middle. ie. veron at lazio.
this is one reason why he failed on the left at juve, due to playing tacchinardi and tudor in the middle. nedved doesnt get fed on the left.

but playing him behind is good as he plays there for his his NT and he has played great there since lippi opted for that role.

personally, if we juve can buy a playmaker type player, nedved should go on the left again. provided he has a top left back like Chivu, Coco.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nedved should not play in the center as he badly lacks creativity. On the left, he's one of the best in the business.

Why does anyone want to put Chivu or Coco on the left back position. Chivu has played in the center for the last two years and he's great on that position, but why should he make a good left back. Buy him, but put him in the center (he's got a leaving clause of 25m American dollars in his contract!).
Coco has played many games at Barca where he failed to make an impact, why do so many people think he's a good player?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
we need a good left back who is more reliable than pessotto so nevded can attack and not worry about his man creating on the right. coco is a top player and has proved himself at all levels when given a go.

chivu has always been a left back, the central role is a new role for him as he is skillful enough to play that role.

but as juve has montero, tudor, thuram and maybe nesta or cannavaro, is he needed in tha central role?? i think not!! maybe he is forced to play in the central role at ajax cuz they lack that central role.

nedved doesn't lack creativity at all, he is very attacking minded and he has been the pick up of the season playing that role.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
at the start of next season we should give him, say 10 games on the left wing. if, at the end of those 10, he still sucks, sell him, because there are thousands better playmakers than nedved.

if not, hopefully he will again become best left winger around!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
how can anyone suggest to sell him??? he has been the only midfielder has played good for us.

sure, he had his bad spell but 80% of teh season he has been great for us. where is the respect???? i thought as a playmaker he has done the job well for us this season as well.

pull your head out of your arses, he is a world class player, one of the best midfielders going around!!!! he is the captain of the NT, he is brilliant.

close this topic for christ sakes!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
mcmaly said:
I think the best position for him is in another club:)
You suck..:mad:
It seem that you don't know anything about this club.

Nedved is an excellent player. I certainly hope that he can replace-what so called- "Zizou's shadow" cool:

But, I personally doesn't give a damn, where he should be good at. Cause as far as I concern, DP can make an excellent Playmaker (That if he really wants too;) )

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Nedved is very versatile and he can play well in both playmaker and as left winger. It would be interesting if we get Doni next year because he too is versatile and can play in both roles.

Next year we could have:

_____Davids_____

Zambro____Nedved

______Doni______

This midfield is incredibly versatile. Zambro can play just as well on the left. Nedved can play on the left or as playmaker as can Doni. Davids could also play as a winger. I WOULD LIKE THIS SO MUCH.

Juve would be versatile everywhere and thats the way Lippi likes it. In defence, Tudor, Thuram and Pessotto can easily play in midfield in my view. In attack Del Piero could easily move from left wing to striker to playmaker. That leaves Montero and Trezeguet as the only really static players on the pitch

THIS WOULD NOT COST MUCH. Brighi and Baiocco are also very versatile.

If Juve sells Davids, we may not need to get anyone else except Doni. That would not cost much and we would have a substantially improved mid even though we trade down from Davids to Brighi and Baiocco (already bought for next season).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have read all of your opinions and I must say I am impressed with the responses.

I on the other hand prefer Nedved on the left wing. He is one of, if not the best there. He proved it at Lazio, don't know why he shouldn't be able to show it at Juve.

Those who say Nedved lacks creativity, who are you kidding? Who set up most of Juve's goals this season? Who was the inspiration in attack. Nedved does his role as a playmaker just as well as anyone can.

The only reason yall say he is not a good playmaker is because you think he is better on the left, which I totaly agree but I still think Nedved is a great versitile player.

Who else can play left,right,centre,playmaker and even striker like Nedved when ready?

No one really comes to mind.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
I like to think of Nedved like Juventus's Ryan Giggs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts