Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don´t have the chance to follow chilean football on a close basis. So I´m just wondering who you rate the highets in the Chile-league, and also who you rate the highest if of the players playing outside Chile?

Would be nice if someone could mention some players in every position.

Something like this:

Best keepers -

Best rightbacks -

Best central defebders -

Best leftbacks -

Best right midfield -

Best central defenders -

Best left midfield -

Best forwards -

If someone have some information it would be appreciated.

And you can just copy my list and fill the players you think deserve a mention. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing, I also heard something about some players beeing bannet fromthe NT, becuase they turned up for training drunk or something. That´s why Jorge Valdivia don´t play for the NT, and his ban is for 20 matches. Is this right, and who where the other players involved?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Chileans Playing in the domestic league:

Best keepers - Miguel Pinto (Univ. de Chile); Johnny Herrera (Audax Italiano); Christopher Toselli (Univ. Catolica)

Best rightbacks - Boris Rieloff (Audax Italiano)

Best central defenders - Miguel Riffo and Gonzalo Jara (Colo Colo); Nicolas Larrondo and Rafael Olarra (Univ de Chile); Luis Fuentes (Cobreloa)

Best leftbacks - Roberto Cereceda (Colo Colo)

Best right midfield - Gonzalo Fierro (Colo Colo); Milovan Mirosevic (Univ. Catolica); Jose Pedro Fuenzalida (O'Higgins);

Best defensive midfield - Gary Medel (Univ. Catolica); Arturo Sanhueza (Colo Colo); Manuel Iturra (Univ. de Chile)

Best central midfield - Mathias Vidangossy (Everton); Cristobal Jorquera (Colo Colo)

Best left midfield - Marco Estrada (Univ. de Chile)

Best forwards - Daud Gazale (Colo Colo); Marcelo Salas and Manuel Villalobos (Univ. de Chile); Gamadiel Garcia (Huachipato); Fabian Orellana (Audax Italiano); Jean Beausejour (O'Higgins)

Playing Abroad: (Highest rated)

1 - David Pizarro - DM (AS Roma)
2 - Jorge Valdivia - AM (Palmeiras)
3 - Alexis Sanchez - FW (Udinese)
4 - Humberto Suazo - FW (Monterrey)
5 - Luis Jimenez - AM (Inter FC)
6 - Mark Gonzalez - LM (Real Betis)
7 - Mati Fernandez - AM (Villarreal)
8 - Claudio Bravo - GK (Real Sociedad)
9 - Hugo Droguett - LM - (UAG)
10 - Carlos Villanueva - AM (Real Sociedad)
11 - Raul Ormeño - RB (Gimnasia y Esgrima LP)
12 - Waldo Ponce - CD (Velez Sarsfield)
13 - Ismael Fuentes - CD (Jaguares)

Hope this helps.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Another thing, I also heard something about some players beeing bannet fromthe NT, becuase they turned up for training drunk or something. That´s why Jorge Valdivia don´t play for the NT, and his ban is for 20 matches. Is this right, and who where the other players involved?
Jorge Valdivia, Jorge Vargas, Reinaldo Navia, Pablo Contreras, Rodrigo Tello and Raul Ormeno.

They were all given a 20 game suspension (National team) for breaking curfew and causing a scene in the hotel's restaurant (while intoxicated with alcohol) during last year's Copa America prior to Brasil's 6 x 1 thumping of Chile on July 7th.

They all admitted guilt and appealed (except Ormeno) after 10 matches. They are all cleared to play (Chile has played 13 matches since the ban) except for Ormeno.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very good information, thank you! :)

But what do you think about Claudio Maldonado? Isn´t he captain of the NT? He now plays for turkish club Fenerbache,but had a very solid career in brazilian league.

Who would you say is the most important players for the NT, what formation do they often use, and how would a starting lineup look like?

Isn´t Mathias Vidangossy a flashy dribbler on the flank? And you mention Cristobal Jorquera as one of the best midfielders already, that is pretty impressive becuase he is only 20 years old.

Who would you say is the most talented players in Chile, if you don´t include Sanchez, Vidal, Medel, Vidangossy, Villanueva and Fernandez?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
But what do you think about Claudio Maldonado? Isn´t he captain of the NT? He now plays for turkish club Fenerbache,but had a very solid career in brazilian league.
He did have a solid career in Brazil but he never cracked the starting line-up in Turkey. There are far better defensive midfieldersto choose from. Medel, Vidal and Carmona (just to name a few) are far better players than Maldonado at the moment.

Who would you say is the most important players for the NT
At the moment there's no replacements for Humberto Suazo, Alexis Sanchez and Gary Medel. Those three are untouchables. Vidal used to be in that group but has been partying a little to hard as of late + said some things which upset Bielsa. Needless to say, he was not called up to the matches against Bolivia and Venezuela.

what formation do they often use, and how would a starting lineup look like?
Bielsa always plays with a 3-3-1-3 formation. No matter who the opponent maybe.

Chile's best line-up in my opinion (and given the circumstances) is as follows:

----------- Bravo (c) ---------

---------- Fuentes ----------
- Jara ----------------- Vidal -

- Medel -- Carmona -- Droguett -

------------ Valdivia ---------------

- Sanchez -------------- Beausejour -
-------------- Suazo ----------------

Bench:
Pinto (GK)
Ponce (CD)
Estrada (DM)
Iturra (DM)
M. Gonzalez (AM)
Fernandez (AM)
Gazale (FW)

Isn´t Mathias Vidangossy a flashy dribbler on the flank?
Indeed. He likes to roam all over the field like Messi, though.

And you mention Cristobal Jorquera as one of the best midfielders already, that is pretty impressive becuase he is only 20 years old.
Jorquera is very talented but he makes the list in part because most offensive midfielders playing in Chile are foreigners. Hailing mostly from Argentina.

Who would you say is the most talented players in Chile, if you don´t include Sanchez, Vidal, Medel, Vidangossy, Villanueva and Fernandez?
Playing in Chile you mean? Then is Jean Beausejour. Outside of Chile is Humberto Suazo. Chile simply desn't have anyone who could really replace him in the CF position.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Damm Loco .... Its a good thang you're around when needed !!! :cap:

Thanxs a Lot !!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the most talented players in Chile I meant all players in Chile and abroad. And players born between 1986 and 1991

Thanks for the information, it´s good to have an opinion from someone who knows the league and the NT well. :)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
By the most talented players in Chile I meant all players in Chile and abroad. And players born between 1986 and 1991

Thanks for the information, it´s good to have an opinion from someone who knows the league and the NT well. :)
An UNBIASSED opinion ... 'causo Loco aint even a Shileno !!!! :cap:

which makes even more meaningful !!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why doesn´t Luis Jimenez represent Chile annymore? He is a quality player, but maybe he´n not good enough?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
By the most talented players in Chile I meant
I gave you the top 7 young prospects in Chile. In time, we'll see them playing abroad. Some of them even in Europe.

Junior Fernandez
Fabian Orellana
Cristobal Jorquera
Felipe Seymour
Christopher Toselli
Robert Mendez
Mauricio Gomez
Gary Medel
Rafael Caroca

These are the best youngers playing in Europe:

Mauricio Isla

Club: Udinese
Position: CD

Carlos Carmona

Club: Reggina
Position: MF

Pedro Morales

Club: Dinamo Zagreb
Position: Attacking Midfielder

Nicolas Corvetto

Position: Winger

Matias Fernandez

Club: Villarreal
Age 22 (DOB May / 15 / 1986)
Position: Attacking Midfielder

Arturo Vidal

Club: Bayer Leverkusen
Position: Defender / Midfielder

Alexis Sanchez

Position: Forward

Nicolas Medina

Club: Eibar
Position: Striker

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Why doesn´t Luis Jimenez represent Chile annymore? He is a quality player, but maybe he´n not good enough?
Mauricio Isla (Udinese) criticized Bielsa in an interview. He mentioned how he didn't appreciate him [Bielsa] yelling at him from the sidelines so much.

He also said that he had spoken to Jimenez on the phone and he [Jimenez] told him that he wasn't too happy with flying 20 hours to Chile's NT games just to sit on the bench or barely play a handful of minutes out of position.

Ever since this incident, neither Isla nor Jimenez have been called up to the national team.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again, very good information.

I have a list of players that includes talents i have found i Chile. They are born between 1987 and 1989. How would you rate them? Maybe a list or some words on the not so well known of them.

Born in 1987:

Diego Olate - 87 - defender - O´Higgins - Chile

Hans Martinez - 87 - defender - Universidad Catolica - Chile

Nicolas Larrondo - 87 - defender - Universidad de Chile - Chile

Arturo Vidal - 87 - defender/midfielder - Bayer Leverkusen - Chile

Gary Medel - 87 - defender/midfielder - Universidad Catolica - Chile

Oliver Toledo - 87 - midfielder - Audax Italiano - Chile

Carlos Carmona - 87 - midfielder - Reggina - Chile

Mathias Vidangossy - 87 - midfielder - Villarreal - Chile

Felipe Flores - 87 - forward - Colo Colo/på lån i Union Espanola - Chile

Nicolas Medina - 87 - forward - Osasuna - Chile

Born in 1988:

Mauricio Isla - 88 - defender/midfielder - Udinese - Chile

Cristobal Jorquera - 88 - midfielder - Colo Colo - Chile

Alexis Gutierrez - 88 - midfielder - Universidad Catolica - Chile

Alexis Sanchez - 88 - midfielder/forward - Udinese - Chile

Junior Fernandez - 88 - forward - Cobreloa - Chile

Sebastian Varas - 88 - forward - O'Higgins - Chile

Born in 1989:

Bastian Arce - 89 - defender - Colo Colo - Chile

Rafael Caroca - 89 - derfender - Colo Colo - Chile

Marco Medel - 89 - midfielder - Audax Italiano - Chile

Charles Aranguiz - 89 - midfielder - Cobreloa - Chile

Boris Sagredo - 89 - midfielder/forward - Colo Colo - Chile

Bryan Danessi - 89 - midfielder/forward - O'Higgins - Chile

Matias Campos - 89 - forward - Audax Italiano - Chile

Eduardo Vargas - 89 - forward - Cobreloa - Chile

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tought about maybe make a top15 list of this players, but I´m sure how i will place then. Maybe something like this, but only with 13 players yet:

1.Alexis Sanchez - 88 - midfielder/forward - Udinese - Chile

2.Arturo Vidal - 87 - defender/midfielder - Bayer Leverkusen - Chile

3.Gary Medel - 87 - defender/midfielder - Universidad Catolica - Chile

4.Carlos Carmona - 87 - midfielder - Reggina - Chile

5.Mauricio Isla - 88 - defender/midfielder - Udinese - Chile

6.Boris Sagredo - 89 - midfielder/forward - Colo Colo - Chile

7.Mathias Vidangossy - 87 - midfielder - Villarreal - Chile

8.Cristobal Jorquera - 88 - midfielder - Colo Colo - Chile

9.Rafael Caroca - 89 - defender - Colo Colo - Chile

10.Nicolas Larrondo - 87 - defender - Universidad de Chile - Chile

11.Charles Aranguiz - 89 - midfielder - Cobreloa - Chile

12.Bryan Danessi - 89 - midfielder/forward - O'Higgins - Chile

13.Mauricio Gomez - 89 - forward - Universidad de Chile - Chile

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Both Christopher Toselli (behind Isla and ahead of Sagredo) and Robert Mendez behind Caroca and ahead of Larrondo) should be added to that list of 15.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Born in 1987:

Diego Olate - 87 - Solid defender plays regularly in the starting eleven.

Hans Martinez - 87 - Solid defender plays regularly in the starting eleven.

Nicolas Larrondo - 87 - Solid defender. Not very technically sound. Does not play regularly in the starting eleven.

Arturo Vidal - 87 - A jack of all trades. Can effectively play anywhere on defense and/or midfield. A definite starter in the senior national team.

Gary Medel - 87 - Same as Vidal. Nicknamed "The Pitbull" is also known ans the Chilean Gatusso. Best young talent playing in Chile. Europe bound.

Oliver Toledo - 87 - Don't know him.

Carlos Carmona - 87 - One of Bielsa's favorites. Solid defensive midfielder. Him and Medel are a wall in the national team.

Mathias Vidangossy - 87 - Similar play style to that of Alexis Sanchez and Fabian Orellana. Hasn't had much playing time since impressing the scouts at the '07 YWC in Canada.

Felipe Flores - 87 - Once a great promise has yet to find the back of the net regularly. Been on loan to different clubs these past two years.

Nicolas Medina - 87 - Not the fastest neither the most agile striker though he finds the back of the net regularly.

Born in 1988:

Mauricio Isla - 88 - Never played once in the Chilean first division. Has seen limited action in Udinese. Can play anywhere on defense.

Cristobal Jorquera - 88 - The best young attacking midfielder playing in Chile at the time. Bar none.

Alexis Gutierrez - 88 - Don't know him.

Alexis Sanchez - 88 - Das Wunderkind. Essential in Chile's WC plans. Delighted the River faithful during his one year stint on Argentina.

Junior Fernandez - 88 - Half Chilean, half Brazilian. This kid technically sound and is said to be Sanchez's heir in Chile's northern giants, Cobreloa.

Sebastian Varas - 88 - Your average forward. Scores from time to time.

Born in 1989:

Bastian Arce - 89 - Doesn't play on Colo-Colo's first team.

Rafael Caroca - 89 - Rated best young player of "Toulon Hopefuls". Currently on loan at O'Higgins. Him along with Olate make a solid one-two punch on defense.

Marco Medel - 89 - Don't know him.

Charles Aranguiz - 89 - Flashy little midfielder. Plays regularly on Cobreloa's first team.

Boris Sagredo - 89 - Hasn't seen action since Claudio Borghi left Colo- Colo's bench three months ago. Once said to be Matias Fernandez's heir.

Bryan Danessi - 89 - Don't know him.

Matias Campos - 89 - Don't know him.

Eduardo Vargas - 89 - Don't know him.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is actually starting to be a very good thread Loco. :)

So you mostly agree on my top15 list? That´s good. Nobody you want to get out and some other in?

From what I know Nicolas Larrondo plays regulary. He had 16 games in the Apertura. That was more than Olate and Martinez. But Olate had some suspension I think, it seems like he is very tough in his playing style, always recieving some red cards.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I tought about maybe make a top15 list of this players, but I´m sure how i will place then. Maybe something like this, but only with 13 players yet:

1.Alexis Sanchez - 88 - midfielder/forward - Udinese - Chile

2.Arturo Vidal - 87 - defender/midfielder - Bayer Leverkusen - Chile

3.Gary Medel - 87 - defender/midfielder - Universidad Catolica - Chile

4.Carlos Carmona - 87 - midfielder - Reggina - Chile

5.Mauricio Isla - 88 - defender/midfielder - Udinese - Chile

6.Boris Sagredo - 89 - midfielder/forward - Colo Colo - Chile

7.Mathias Vidangossy - 87 - midfielder - Villarreal - Chile

8.Cristobal Jorquera - 88 - midfielder - Colo Colo - Chile

9.Rafael Caroca - 89 - defender - Colo Colo - Chile

10.Nicolas Larrondo - 87 - defender - Universidad de Chile - Chile

11.Charles Aranguiz - 89 - midfielder - Cobreloa - Chile

12.Bryan Danessi - 89 - midfielder/forward - O'Higgins - Chile

13.Mauricio Gomez - 89 - forward - Universidad de Chile - Chile
Cristobal Jorquera is much better than Isla, Sagredo and Vidangosy ... this last in fact is not in a good level at all.

Another important thing, dont watch just the players that are now in the Bielsa's young teams ... some good players didnt get the pass of their teams to go to the NT.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can anybody tell me more about Samuel Teuber? The only thing I know is that he has been very good in the start of the Clausura.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts