Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm far too young to remember Pele and my only memories of Maradona is from World cup 94, whom ended his career. I can honestly not see though how any of these two players, who are supposed to be the best players of all time can have been better than Thierry Henry.
I’ve always said that you can’t compare players today with players from the 6o’s 70’s or the 80’s as the differences between the best players and the worst players in the world today is so much smaller than they used to be. I didn’t think anyone would be able to dominate the games like Pele and Maradona did (as I said I’m too young to remember them but like the most of you I’ve seen old videos and clips) but Henry does that today and I truly believe that he is the best player of all time, The only thing he has to do now is to perform on the world stage in this summers Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006 like he’s done for us during the last 2 seasons and he’ll get the recognition he deserves, The best player of all time.

By the way, UP THE BORO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Theirry Henry is the best player of this generation in my opinion, but Maradonna was different gravy. He's the best player I've ever seen.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
OMG!!!! Jacke,you naive fool ,what have you started here ? :D

i can hear the Brazilian and Argentinian forums already,waking from their slumber and revving into action :eek:

if they decide to do a search about world's best player,i feel an invasion of posters from all corners of Xtratime will invade this thread and cause orgasmic meltdown on a scale only previously witnessed during EPL v Serie A debates. :dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

i'll be diplomatic though and say Henry is the best at this time,and can only be judged with past eras at the end of his career,after all he is only 26 and the best is yet to come. ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
for me it's Zidan
the guy is a magician
he does what he wants with the ball
I really be happy when i watch him in any colors

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
OMG!!!! Jacke,you naive fool ,what have you started here ? :D

i can hear the Brazilian and Argentinian forums already,waking from their slumber and revving into action :eek:

if they decide to do a search about world's best player,i feel an invasion of posters from all corners of Xtratime will invade this thread and cause orgasmic meltdown on a scale only previously witnessed during EPL v Serie A debates. :dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

i'll be diplomatic though and say Henry is the best at this time,and can only be judged with past eras at the end of his career,after all he is only 26 and the best is yet to come. ;)
Or we could let them know and get them in here first. :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Chris said:
Or we could let them know and get them in here first. :D

you are a cruel and sadistic guy :D

i don't think i could stand the heat and utter nonsense,these forums don't normally produce the standard of logic and measured debate i'm looking for ,especially from the latin contingent :D

of course i could just retire for a while and sit back and watch the hyped up mentalists going to war and swamping the whole forum in rivers of burst blood vessels ,sounds like enourmous fun :D

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better pray that the other posters from serie A and La Liga dont read this thread. Henry the greatest of all time?? LMFAOX3!!!

:D

of this generation?? well, we have zidane, ronaldo, baggio, maldini and many others also. currently, henry is one of the best players in the world without doubt, but of this generation and of all time is a gigantic statement.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
CUG said:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better pray that the other posters from serie A and La Liga dont read this thread. Henry the greatest of all time?? LMFAOX3!!!

of this generation?? well, we have zidane, ronaldo, baggio, maldini and many others also. currently, henry is one of the best players in the world without doubt, but of this generation and of all time is a gigantic statement.
zidane is the clear standout.

in all honest opinion, THE godly player of our generation is zidane.

and yes, i can just imagine this thread becoming flamed, and closed in a matter of days.

henry is ONE of the best strikers inthe world currently, the future is still unknown :)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,489 Posts
IL Fenomeno RONALDO!!! for sure!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, I didn't know that my opinions had so much power Jern ;) ,

Never mind, I'm well up for it. Let's bring them on, Whose with me and who isn'nt?
You're either with me or against me.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No seriously. I think Zidane is best in world at what he's doing and Ronaldo is best in world at what he's doing but i don't think you can compare players like that. I mean how can you compare a defender and a attacker and say who's the better footballer? The thing with Henry and what makes him the worlds best player(of all time?) is that he does what Ronaldo, Zidane, Totti etc does and he could probably become a very good defender as well. I must admit though, I I'm not sure about Goal keeping :D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well
As U say "The "ONLY" thing he has to do now is to perform on the WORLD stage ".
It´s a quite difficult and provocative statement U make
and I simply don´t agree with U.
Most people probably would say he isn´t even the best french so...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Zidane has to be the best player i have ever seen since i watched soccer he can do everything dribble pass shoot and its magic

Pele was good goal scorer did alot for soccer

Maradonna was a wizard with the ball he was also great

Henry is my favorite player now and he can dribble pass and shoot very well

Honorable Mention

Figo Ronaldo Baggio

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dribble&Trix.

Performing in a world cup or European championship is what makes you famous and get you recognition because the whole world is watching. Figo is the perfect example. But really, what says more about a players ability, Performing for 4 weeks in which the most games may be against average national teams or performing for 50 odd matches for your club in the Premier League, Champions League and The FA cup ?

Not many (anyone?) seems to agree with me but I think it’s because he’s no legened yet who played 20 years ago and have become a bit of a myth, In 20 years you may agree with me. I really can’t see what Mr Diego or Pele can have done so much better than Henry, In a time where the difference between the worst players and the best once were like day and night. Today I’d say the most players at the top level have almost the same circumstances.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Maradona played in the hard era. back ni his time, defences were a lot tighter in Serie A and nationally as well (bar england where he took them apart:D ).

but anyway, players like maradona and pele basically won world cups for their countries off their own boots, being the most influencial players in their team.

What i do notice is that defenders and midfielders often get overlooked in these circumstances. Di Stefano, Cruyff, beckenbeur(sp), baresi, maldini all get overlooked.

Is henry really that great? is he better than a Roberto Baggio, or romario, or Platini. what about Van Basten?? Gullit? Hagi or Stoicthkov?? What about Gabriel Batistuta?? Ronaldo, Rivaldo or Raul? Zidane, figo, carlos? the list goes on and on...Henry is a star in todays football, there is no doubt about that, but at the same time, how many stars have we seen throughout football history? To me, Henry is just another star forward in a period of football.

but to say henry can compete with players such as maradona and pele, two players who left their mark on the game more than any other is abit too much. Especially considering what diega and pele have achieved as a player and in football.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts