Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my Argentine friend, the best club manager currently plying his trade in Argentina is Ramon Diaz.

Can anyone confirm this?

Or are there better managers currently managing teams in Argentina? Diego Simeone, Diego Cagna, Gustavo Alfaro, Ramon Cabrero???

What would the order be? Number 1, 2 etc..

I find it hard to believe that Ramon Diaz is the best manager in Argentina. Looking at San Lorenzo results over the last 2 championships, they haven't been very good. I know that they won the championship recently but now they don't seem that consistent. Given the investment that the team has had this season with players such as D'Alessandro and Bergessio, they don't seem to be doing that well.

Is he really a good manager?

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
What's the deal with el Cholo?...I'm not agaisnt him, but for christ sake once you show a bit of a "mano dura" profile and you are great?...see Camacho, Rainieri, and large list of coaches living on that bollocks image...
El Cholo has a lot of time to fail to become really good, which menas sucking big time too...and anyway coaches are sadly too much praised lately

I'm not fond of the whole coach main figure to obtain anything as an omnipresent character in the players decission inthe pitch, so I will allways be more fond of those that have more simply ideas towards the game or promote young players, like Cabrero for instance. BTW like Simeone has a long road to walk, some failures to taste to become an stablished great coach, so far he made really great job, harder than what el Cholo did...

About Ramon? whatever he does, or doesn't the results are there

I don't like Alfaro at all and i hope Cagna translates his tactical capacity as player to the bench, so far he is doing it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may not like Alfaro. But you have to give the guy credit. Taking Arsenal to the Copa Sudamerica title is a massive achievement. The team overachieved and when these type of things happen, a lot of that has to be attributed to the manager.

If you had to pick a top 5 currently managing in Argentina today, who would they be?

Also does anyone know how much these managers get paid?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree with Fangio, I cant stand coach worship I think coaches get to much credit when things are good and to much blame when things go bad, the thing i hate the most is when a coach leaves a great player on the bench for political reasons, like Rikaard with Ronaldihno or Pelligrini with Roman, nobody goes to the stadium or watch on tv to see coaches coach nobody cares. Ramon Diaz is a good pick for best coach in argentina right now

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
What importance do we place on a coach having already been a player. Does a great player make a great coach?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I agree with Fangio, I cant stand coach worship I think coaches get to much credit when things are good and to much blame when things go bad, the thing i hate the most is when a coach leaves a great player on the bench for political reasons, like Rikaard with Ronaldihno or Pelligrini with Roman, nobody goes to the stadium or watch on tv to see coaches coach nobody cares. Ramon Diaz is a good pick for best coach in argentina right now
Mourinho may be an exception, more entertaining than his teams usually

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
you really can't have seen Ronaldihno play latly if you think hes getting droped for political reasons

1 - 11 of 11 Posts