Xtratime Community banner

Who is Scandinavia´s best left defender?

• Jan Heintze - Denmark

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Niclas Jensen - Denmark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ulrik Laursen - Denmark

• Janne Saarinen - Finland

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Antti Heinola - Finland

• Toni Huttunen - Finland

• Cristoffer Andersson - Sweden

• Kléber Sarenpää - Sweden

• Gary Sundgren - Sweden

• Andre Bergdølmo - Norway

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Ståle Stensaas - Norway

• Stig Inge Bjørnebye - Norway

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 polls we are only one poll away from having our defence done.You can check another topic here to see how the team looks like ;)

Now it´s time to decide the best offensive left defender and I really hope to see more votes in this one than the last one :hopefull:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
My vote went for Heintze :)
He always does a calm impression on me, as if it's a game, come to think of it, IT IS!!!! :dielaugh:
Seriously, I like his attitude on the field, although Denmark didn't succeed in Euro2000, Heintze always impressed me :proud:

[Edited by Cracker on 25-03-2001 at 12:31]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Bergldolmo gets my vote.He is hands down better than everyone I know in that list.Heintze is so old and slow.I really dont consider him very good at the moment.Bergdolmo has all the attackign qualities a full back should have,relkatively fast,nice cross and he can take on opponents.And he is quite decent at defending as well.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Who voted for Saarinen? :confused: :cool:

Personally, it is a very hard decision for me to make. Actually looking at the sort of names we have here, it looks as if this is one of Scandinavia's weakest position

I am kinda familar with Andersson, but not with the other two. Actually Sarenpaa looks as if it is a finnish name :nervous:.

I kinda agree with Amoroso. Heintze is kinda old, although he has had a fantastic career and is still going strong with PSV, injury premitting. Maybe i should ask if we are picking players on current form or on their career history

I am undecided between Bergdolmo and Saarinen(Rosenborg-formerly HJK Helsinki). Saarinen is young, but has already impressed at Rosenborg, but didn't play for Finland overnight. Bergdolmo was fantastic at Rosenborg and one of the bright lights in a dull EURO2000 campaign for Norge :D. So i would probably have to edge towards Bergdolmo. I have not much idea about the other two Danish players and there is conjecture between u Swedes over Andersson as a LB. And Helsingborg were exploited down the flanks by PSG & Rosenborg in the CL

BTW why are Icelandic players not considered for these polls? :confused: :wth:. Cause Personally i would have had Hermann Hriedarsson in this position

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason for why Icelandic players aren´t in these polls are because we don´t have any member here from Iceland that could help me with all the players and I know nothing about their football,but it´s sad that I can´t include any Icelandic players :(

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I guess you are right Jimmy, but there are many Icelandic players who ply their trade abroad in leagues where Information is available (surely you have heard of Hriedarsson(Ipswich), Gudmundsson(Stabaek), Gudjohnsen(Chelsea), Gunnlaugsson(Leicester), etc etc. I guess we could include Icelandic players in certain positions :cool: :hopefull: but then that would probably ruin the continuity :sob: :moan:

BTW i also read somwhere(it would have to be a rumour) that KR Reykjavik are to sign former Everton player (currently at Besiktas), Nigerian Daniel Amokachi (a former International)as well as Former Nantes (currently at Aberdeen) frenchman, Moussa Dagnogo :wth: :rollani: :eek:

How can an Icelandic club have such power in getting quality players like this

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Amokachi was released last summer from Besiktas,and he failed to get a contract at Ionikos (Greece),Man City (PL) and even a club in Cyrpus after several trial periods.

As you see,he is not exactly quality anymore...

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Bergdølmo for me as well, he can play both right and left defender, although I prefer him playing on the left side.
He had several great years at Rosenborg, and I think he was their greatest loss in the last years of the nineties.

He has had some minor injury problems, that have put him out of form in Ajax, but he now says that he is fully fit, and with no chance of getting back the old injury anytime soon.

This is the poll, where I have heard of least players so far, but I have of course knowledge of Saarinen and Heintze.

Saarinen has impressed at Rosenborg, and it will be very interesting to see him in the Norwegian League this season.

·
Registered
710 Posts
How Can Heintze even be tied!!!??? :wth::wth::wth::wth:
He NEVER lets anyone past him, and if he does he tracks him down and stops him. He is one of the top 3 best left defenders in the world... but yet no one sees it!!!!!:mad:
He even scored a superb goal this weekend (denmark-malta(5-0!!!!!)) Way to go Denmark. and way to go Heintze.
Please put some more votes in for Heintze he deserves em!!!
If he doesnt get picked....then....then....OR ELSE!!!
No, seriusly. Give him all the votes for that matter.:) c'mon Jimmy can you fake some votes for Heintze or something???!!:greed:
Not that he sould have to need it but the people oviusly can realise Heintzes potential:irritate:

kee...who is he

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha....No,actually I can´t :tongue:

Well,my wote went to Cristoffer Andersson and I´m really emberassed because I have not seen Heintze or Bergdalmö so therefore I had to vote for the player I have seen,so Andersson was my man there :)

You are not exggurating by saying that Heintze is one of the best three left defenders?I have not seen him but I would have seen him if he would be that.Have you heard about Roberto Carlos,Grigorios Georgatos and Francesco Coco?I bet all of them are better than Heintze because these are maybe the 3 best players I can find for that position in the world.We have other players also like Sergi,Silvinho and more.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Offcorse I know that he's not better than all the names he mensioned, but you know exaguration makes you herd right!??
No, really he is good and though what I wrote Yesterday was overdu'ing it I still feel that he is underestermatid.
You really should watch him someday, you'd be surprised to see him play (especially if he has a good game).
I just want to point out that more of you people should vote for him. And I only said that he was one of the 3 best right defenders cause I was mad that he was tied with Bergdalmö. And THAT pissed me off!!(not that I am and angry guy in person but I guess I had a bad day, sorry for my outburst!):moan:

Stay in school!!!!

kee... who is he

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As it seems like this poll has died out I will close this one and make a new one.The next one up is the right winger :)

The winner in this poll is Andre Bergdölmo so he will be in the sqaud.Also,Orange you can edit my post in the "Scandi All star poll" topic where I will put Bergdölmo up and since I don´t have those Norwegian letters you can edit it,if it bugs you ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.