Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit that the match against Bologna was the most interesting match I have ever seen. I have never seen a team dominate so much only to lose 2-1.

I was really impressed with Milan. My only criticism is that they were a little unbalanced. I think they need to be a little more patient from the beginning of the match. They were over anxious to score and that resulted in goals scored on the break.

It was just unfortunate that Inzaghi and Schevchenko weren't sharp enough in front of goal.

This result could have easily gone Milan's favour and I mean they could have scored more than 5 goals.

If Milan won this game, everyone would be opening the champagne and saying what a great Milan side this is. I think they were unlucky in most part but they also need to cool it a little and not be so anxious while attacking.

But Ronaldinho was SUPERB and he can only get better as he gets to know his team mates and gets a little fitter.

But as a neutral, this was one of the most entertaining matches I have ever seen.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Milan vs Liverpool a few years back...
Milan was up 3-0 by half-time and...

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Indeed it was a good Milan side, but what good is it losing at home to a team that just got promoted from Serie B? These type of games should be must wins for a team looking to win Serie A.
Milan vs Liverpool a few years back...
Milan was up 3-0 by half-time and...
...and Shevchenko missed a really easy goal.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
.... to a certain extent this loss may well resemble to Milan vs Fiorentina 0-2 dated September 1987. Sacchi had just began his Red&Black adventure and expectations were high. Fiorentina beat us in similar fashion as Bologna yesterday. 2 almost identical games.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
.... to a certain extent this loss may well resemble to Milan vs Fiorentina 0-2 dated September 1987. Sacchi had just began his Red&Black adventure and expectations were high. Fiorentina beat us in similar fashion as Bologna yesterday. 2 almost identical games.
Wow ... amazing

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Are you suggesting a similar ending in May? :hopeful: A sorpasso 2 weeks before the end would be the icing on the cake, though I'm not sure if my frail heart could withstand the immense tension :stress:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
This was like Milan - Marseille in 1993, total pwnage in possession & chances but pwned on the scoreboard. Very frustrating to watch as a fan :scream:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Didn't get to see the match, but with that kind of line-up the game seems to have gone exactly as I would have imagined. This year I think there was no way we were going to invest in a goalie or central defender. Only attacking play will see to it that Milan don't fade away into anonymity in a CL-less season. We had to find a way to keep the buzz going about the squad, find a way to appease the fans. When you look at the names it doesn't really matter what formation is used, when all the new recruits are settled down and the whole squad is fit the formation will choose itself. I think our attack is going to b e the most prolific in Serie A this year, but our defence will let in more goals than anyone else in the top 4. Borriello's strength will be useful against these annoying small sides. With Ambro and Senderos our opponents will catch panic-attacks every time we win a corner kick.

If you think about our absences, you can only smile!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Are you suggesting a similar ending in May? :hopeful: A sorpasso 2 weeks before the end would be the icing on the cake, though I'm not sure if my frail heart could withstand the immense tension :stress:
.... far from suggesting the above suggested as suggesting could suggest to suggest :undecide:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Didn't get to see the match, but with that kind of line-up the game seems to have gone exactly as I would have imagined. This year I think there was no way we were going to invest in a goalie or central defender. Only attacking play will see to it that Milan don't fade away into anonymity in a CL-less season. We had to find a way to keep the buzz going about the squad, find a way to appease the fans. When you look at the names it doesn't really matter what formation is used, when all the new recruits are settled down and the whole squad is fit the formation will choose itself. I think our attack is going to b e the most prolific in Serie A this year, but our defence will let in more goals than anyone else in the top 4. Borriello's strength will be useful against these annoying small sides. With Ambro and Senderos our opponents will catch panic-attacks every time we win a corner kick.

If you think about our absences, you can only smile!
.....a good ol'fashioned Squalo post :fero:

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
Baggio:cry:

also was the year Espanyol knocked us out of the UEFA CUP in Bari:frustrat:

FORZA MILAN:strong:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would also like to find highlights to see Ronaldinho, Kaka, and Pato

·
Registered
590 Posts
where can I find highlights to this game/
Here is a good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhnwULn3p8Q

I'm totally agree with Catenaccio :thumbsup: Milan played a fantastic match but had no luck, Bologna arrives 3-4 times and scores 2 goals, Milan arrived 12 times and only 1 gol...

Ronaldinho was AMAZING! and surprises everybody with his performance... now I like to see Senderos and Borriello :)

·
Registered
23,919 Posts
The Sheva miss is jusr crazy! That was the difference between a win and a loss and Bologna on the other hand score on a long range wonder goal.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Ronaldinho killed it. Very good game, perfect crosses and passes. He'll just get better I'd say. Glad to see him getting back!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts