Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ! What u think, who is the best dribbler of Argentina nowadays ??

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Aimar is the one I like the most dribbling.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Riquelme's control in tight space is awesome, although you might not see him doing the long swerving runs down the field. D'allesandro is up there too.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I take the question to the stylish, flair department, not just the efficiency:

Gata Fernandez (he plays in a very beautifull way); Barrientos; Galleti has a nice dribbling; Rosales, Lavezzi and Saviola low down their heads to much to be gracefull (but that doesn't make them less efficient or ugly); Luchito Gonzalez can't do a thing without grace, he just can't; Zanetti and Ibarra being defenders have great dribbling, Pupi more based in power, Ibarra in pure skills; Messi has a combination between a Diego style (great second march) and an Ossie Ardile: just when you thought he is loosing it, he touches and you are watching his butt; Lisandro with space is great; Palacio hasn't all the tricks of Chelito, but hell of a dribbler he is; Andres is a combination between AImar and Roman; Romagnoli in his prime was less stylish than Pablito, but very similar; the old Equi Gonzalez plays (I'm not seeing lately, I think he has become more a lanzador) like Lucho, can't do anything without flair; santan has nice dribbling; the mercenary Camoranesi too; Ortega has less stylish moves, is not like Gallardo, Aimar that float and have grace for even fall...and Solari the same, anyway I'M COMPARING WITH AIMAR, of course the less stylish are in that comaprisson, with the majority of players they are awesome.

Many times I saw the Serie B in Argentina, and I tell you is tough as hell there but, as it is more anarchich, some great dribblers are there, many times is more fun than Primera, hillarious in clounciness of some players, in rouggh, near assassin style, but also great dribblers and goals, camoranesi just as an example come from there.

Anyaway there are lots, what is necessary is COACHES THAT LET THEM!!!!

PD: Roman is a pisador, a baby football style, a la Redondo, they can dribble without pisadas, but they tend to pisarla (putting the ball under the foot, and do wahtever they please) always.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
1) aimar
2) d'alessandro
3) rodrigo palacio

Javier Zanetti, with his powerfull runs should be mentioned, specially when he is a defender.

BTW, did you guys see Mascherano's goal against Deportivo Tachira (I think) in River's last copa libertadores match???
Amazing. He left behind 3 or 4 defender and finished with a great shot.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
riquelme has the best close control i think.. but aimar can make better runs cause he's faster.. but i like d'alessandro's move that he does to beat players its awsome!!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Can anyone post a clip of D'Alessandro's move? I wanna check it out. From the ones that I've seen, I'd have to say Aimar.

·
Registered
699 Posts
D'Alessandro keeps his head low and also has more of sideways movement similar to Ortega.........but the refined lot like Romi, Aimar and co. do it better.

I forgot to mention Lucho.....he is pure class........like Fangio said whatever he does is graceful including his dribbling.........but I put Solari ahead of all of them....silky skills....beats defender with amazing ease be it on the flanks or in the center.......and also he has a great shot or a cross to finish those runs in style.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Aimar and Riquelme.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts