Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goals always recieve big credits as this is what counts in a football match.

BUT I think the reason why I bother watching football is that I am waiting for that crazy/fantastic DETAIL that can send chills down my spine.

Anders Svensson's great dribble before shooting and hitting the post has so far been the best detail in a match to me.

What other details do you think have been beautiful. You can put anything you can think of - dribbles, shots, saves, great sportmanships etc...

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Well, easy thing. :)

It isn't just a detail, it's moments I think you're referring to. :)

Henke Larsson also did something worthwile in the last few minuts of the match against Senegal in between 2 defenders.
In the match Turkey-Brazil 2 thing come to mind.

Ilhan Mansiz's move against Roberto Carlos stands far above everything so far. :cool:
That move isn's that difficult, when you tab the ball over your entire body with your backheel, I can do it aswell (but then again..I am a good!) But to do it at that moment..
Same as Anders Svensson's move, which is very easy to perform! It should just come to mind.
Hakan Sas made this move twice in a row in one action against some Brazilians. He did it once, but they didn't expect him to do it again..but yep, he did it straight after once more.

What more comes to mind, is Trezeguet's smiling after he hit the post in their last match against Denmark. It said it all about how everything was against France.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I always like sportsmanship between players, whether it's before the game, after the game, or during the game when a foul has been committed etc. These players are fighting for the greatest trohpy in world sport, and it's great to see the sportsmanship along thr way.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me too.

I once saw a match (don't remember the teams) where a player kicked the ball out of play cos there was an injured player on the opposite team lying down. This eventhough he was almost certain to score.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Magic#10 said:
I once saw a match (don't remember the teams) where a player kicked the ball out of play cos there was an injured player on the opposite team lying down. This eventhough he was almost certain to score.
Are you referring to one Paulo Di Canio?

paw;)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
My favorite play in this World Cup so far was one of total team work....do you remember the Senegal-Uruguay game where Senegal went both the width and the length of the field making a total of five passes before finishing it off with a goal...that was a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
I think that the best defensive play was in the Mexico-Italy game when I think it was Canavarro came out of nowhere to kick the ball away from the attacking Mexican player, a play were had he not gotten there, was going to be a sure goal...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts