Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Joey Scarbury sang on the O.S.T. for "The Greatest American Hero", "Believe or not", but, after Casillas' latest miracles, Real Madrid are the team who have received less goals, tied with Valencia and Espanyol. I can't remember exactly, but I think we must go back to Paco Buyo to find another "Zamora award nominee" (the prize conceded to the goalie who receives less goals in the season)
Yes, I suppose you must be smiling ironically right now. We are certainly not used to that situation. So let's think about it a little bit: now our defense is the best, or at least there is no better one for the moment. However, I suppose no one of us is satisfied with who RM are doing things till now.
Have we sacrificed our attacking power for a deffensive improvement? Is there another way of doing things?
The truth is that I don't like this "deffensive" Real Madrid. I prefer a little fear every time the ball is near our box and the smile of expecting any beautiful move when we are attacking. But is it possible?

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Gwydno, I think most us still have the fear when the oppostion gets near our box;)

We have the least allowed goals and the best goalie in La Liga. But not the best defence.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Lista said:
And to think that that goalie still hasnt been offered a new contract.
well, i'm sure perez will find us some model to play instead of casillas next season...
how about beckham as goal keeper? who knows, he might be better at that then as a DM.... :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I think that it should be - we have the best keeper.. not the best defense... :D

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Xue is right. Its only Ikers merit. :angel:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
The keeper who always has a top defender infront of him?
I thought of that too. He is an exceptional keeper, no doubt, and has been for years, but in the one season he didn't have a very solid defense, he was a bit exposed and had some shaky performances (like all golies do).

I would still take Iker because he is 2 years younger and has literally won us more points then i can imagine any other keeper doing.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
there's still difference between keepers with solid/good defence, and keepers who don't. ;)

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with you all when you put the merit on Casillas.
However, this is not the first season in which he shows his quality, yet it is literally the first season in decades that our keeper leads the rank of less beaten.
Sincerely I think that the team is much more conscious about the deffensive part of the game, even if the players are not the most accurate for this task. It is a question of attitude and need, rather than a question of defensive skills. And I think the prize we have paid is very high. We need a couple of deffensive reinforcements. Else, we will keep on seeing Zidane, Raúl, even Ronaldo, defending in the border of our own box... and missing them in the other side of the field

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
While "who is better Buffon - Casillas?" is debatable... the question: "who is better for US?"...definitely is not...
Casillas is a RM kid, who knows the team like the back of his hand..therefore he can not be replaced... even by Buffon!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Yeah it is pretty crazy with all that talk about how horrible our defence is and how we need a DM and we have the best defence in La Liga but at least 90% of it is compliments of Casillas.

Personally i would rather have the most goals in La Liga than least goals cored against :cool:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Primitivc said:
Casillas is a RM kid, who knows the team like the back of his hand..therefore he can not be replaced... even by Buffon!
Cesar replaced him pretty well don't you think?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Cesar isn't that reliable. You'll feel more peace at heart when you learn that iker is starting up instead of cesar, won't you?

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SM ONLINE said:
Cesar replaced him pretty well don't you think?
César is good. He would be a nice and reliable RM keeper. But Iker is better, that's all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts