Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has ruled out summer swoops for Arsenal's Patrick Vieira and Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko.

Perez told TVE: "Vieira and Shevchenko, although good players, do not have the sporting or image repercussion that Figo and Zidane had."

Roughly translated as:

"Vieira is a good player, but, being a stroppy wee man, I do NOT like the fact that he has refused to join us this summer. Therefore, I'm going to stamp my feet, insult him and insist he never plays for this club. So there."

Fair enough. I for one can't say I'm sorry to see Perez burning his bridges as far as PV is concerned. Now would be the best possible time to offer him his new contract.
:D

BB

This is one wacky game show.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
What he really means is: "Vieira and Shevchenko, although good players, do not have the sporting or image repercussion of being traitors to their teams that Figo and Zidane had."
So basically Perez is admitting defeat. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
No he said something like Vieira and Shevchenko aren't the quality of Zoidane or Figo and therefore we wont be getting them, then he crap on about how good Real is. Tell you what Sheva and Vieira are to good to play at Real.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Perez

I would like to have seen a bit more abuse aimed at Patrick Vieira, maybe a pop at his mother or something along those lines just to make sure that he doesn't EVER make the trip to Madrid. Time for Wenger & Dien to get that extended contract drawn up asap, cheers Perez :tongue:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
let me start off stating that Ive always been against the signing of PV for Real. It's has nothing to do with PV as a player but more of his position. We have Makelele who might not be the brute that PV but is a great player in his own rights.

now here's my point, Im not resting easy until either PV puts pen to paper or that the rumours of Makelele leaving Madrid for either Inter or Man Utd cease.

Ive seen soo many times where players, agents, coaches and clubs say one thing but than act out another.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Vieira would start for any club on the planet ... rhetoric and money issues aside.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
well viera isnt good as zizu, cose i think zizu is currently the best player ever. seriously.
but ofcourse
viera is my favourite cose his just the best.
and he turned down real. not a easy thing to do with your friend there and so much money.

forgot this bit too:

"I always say the same thing - those who want to go will go because we want those that remain to be enthusiastic of their club," he said.

"We only want convinced players in the club."

i think it was important enough to add.

notice the bit where he says enthusiastic of their club?
:D

good on ya viera

BUT, real madrid always make some big signing in the off season. with andriy not a target along with viera no more. would it be nesta?:confused:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Swifty ...

Vieira and Zizou are two completely different midfielders - it's like saying Beckham isn't as good as Keane or vice-versa.

Depending on what you've already got you'd pick one over the other, example:

Barca would take Vieira over Zizou if they had the choice as they already have Rivaldo, etc etc.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
More good news :)

Rumour has it that Paddy has given Marc Roger the elbow and is now going to be looked after by Jerome Anderson the agent of Sol,Pennant,Ian Wright and also an Arsenal STH.;)

If this is true i'd bet Paddy will be signing a new deal before the start of next season. ;)

Just hope Zizou doesn't give him to much earole in Japan.:cool:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
dyertribe: iwas trying to measure the 2 players up overall.
playing ability, financial wise, how much money they'll get for shirts, goals, defending etc.
but zizu still is a better player, he did win the footballer of the year you know. and if you watch what he can do, its like:eek:
viera still indeed is a better defending wise. but overall in what they both can do, zizu would be better.

good on ya paddy. hopefully beckham will employ marc rogers or ruud.:howler:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
theres talk.....

go check out the latest rumour regarding PV in the Juve forum.

Thuram + Davids + $$$

apparently, arsenal asking $45M:eek: :dazed: :howler:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah, it seems that thuram, davids plus cash has been offered for vieira.

for me, i think that is too much for vieira.

but if arsenal were going to lose vieira, this deal would be the smartest to take.

personally i thinkn this rumour is just media crap. vieira doesnt want italy and i think that the deal is way too far fetched.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
perez seems to have done us a big favour but i wouldnt be convinced till paddy puts pen to paper!
best example was our swoop for campbel last season when he was tipped to go any where but to us and then suddenly pne night i read online campbel joins the gunners!
so in footy you can never be sure!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts