Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best Argentinean left-back in your opinion? Is it Boca's Clemente Rodriguez or anyone else? How would you characterize the left-back you mention?

·
Registered
943 Posts
There are Sorin and Placente, Bielsa usually prefers Sorin. He's pretty fast and makes good headers despite his small size. In the last match (vs Equador) I even saw him defending a few times. I also prefer him, Placente is horribly unreliable IMO.
When Argentina play a 3-4-3, Kily Gonzalez is used on the left wing, but he's too offensive for this job.

If Bielsa sticks to a 4-3-3, Sorin will play.
If he changes the system back to a 3-4-3, Kily will be lined up possibly.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Personally my fav left back is Clemente Rodriguez. He defends very well and contibutes well to the attack. I like his ball movement and sense of positioning. Very reliable. Smart player as well..

Sorin is a good player no doubt and he can also figure in a left mid role but Rodriguez can really develop into a great player..

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
czar said:
He defends very well and contibutes well to the attack. I like his ball movement and sense of positioning.
Yes Clemente is an upcomming bloke :) :)

With him Bielsa can try new systems like 4-4-3 or 3-5-3, Clemente can easily cover both the left back and midfield in the same match :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
if sorin recovers his form of the WC 02 qualies, sorin would be the best left back.
C Rodriguez is extremly fast, and attacks very well. he use his both legs and run all over the left side. great prospect.
Placente is another very good player. he is often used as a central def, but his real position is left back. The most technical player of the 3.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Evra said:
What about Heinze? Is he a :thumbsup: or a :thumbdwn: ?
he is a left central defender. he is physically very strong despite he is not too tall (178 cm) and he defends pretty well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Guys, What about Right back..

You guys have best Right Back in the world, :star: Javier Zanetti, but what about others?

I want to know who can take Right back position, instead of Javier. Last WCQ, Bielsa used C.Rodriguez to cover Zanetti's spot, but we all know Clemente is good 'left back'.

I was wondering Ibarra (Monaco) and Scaloni (Deportivo), but can't think other players.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
376 Posts
in Arg line-up 3313 or 3322,not necessary need a typical left-back.we usually use three CDs.IMO,there isn't any very tough left-back in NT squad current time.Clemente Rodríguez is strong enough but not skillful .Sorín and Placente used to be very good,but not now.anyway,there isn't any influence we don't have a very good left-back like right side's Javier Zanetti.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Right now and without any doubts Clemente Rodriguez.... as batigold said, very fast, uses both legs, good on DF and perfect in attack.
Bianchi uses him in the right way with Boca.. counter attacks:star:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Completly agree with u...

Batigol9 said:
Right now and without any doubts Clemente Rodriguez.... as batigold said, very fast, uses both legs, good on DF and perfect in attack.
Bianchi uses him in the right way with Boca.. counter attacks:star:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
how old is clemente rodriguez???

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Clemente by a mile...and with even greater future, Sorin in his original position and CALM..is great, Placente: crazy dude, great skills, but too inconsistant, I like him anyway.
Right back: Obviously Zanetti, the best in the world, sadly Bielsa never uses him in that position...what can I said, and el negro Ibarra is a blast, more consistant than Placente, but crazy too, perhaps the more skilled left or right back with Cafu, but the defense aspect is his achilles point, and I can't think a replacement with level of those two, in central defenders we are packed: G.Rodriguez, Samuel, Ayala, Burdisso, Milito, Quiroga, Heinze, Cetto (where is this red haired? he has class), the always enigmatic Colocccini: one day Beckenbauer the other Garre.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts