Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the games that stick in your mind for being either the best or worst you have ever seen?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Chelsea 5 Man Utd 0 :)

Most boring... hmmm........ thinks back hard.

Last year 0 - 0 Chelsea vs Southampton..

:yuck:

There's a few Fulham ones to... noticeably Fulham vs Luton (I think) in division 3 or 2 :yuck: :confused:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Best game: FC Barcelona - Madrid 3-0 :star: :)

Worst game, Palmeiras - Boca Libertadores final 0-0 and into penalties. Boca won and the violence outside was scary.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kluivert said:
Best: Ajax - Lazio 2-3 (Amsterdam Tournament)
We lost but the atmosphere was great :)

Worst: Vitesse - .... Bucharest, I don't even remember the score... I went to this game with my cousin (Vitesse fan) and it was terrible ;)
No surprise. :eek:

Jack, we got promoted didn't we? ;)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Best

Oh, I got a lot of "best matches" to choose from. The title decider
away against FCK (FC Copenhagen), at a packed Parken in the second last round of the league, was simply one of the greatest experiences I've had as a football fan - and that says a lot, I guess. :cool:

We were tied in the table and this classic derby would probably decide, where the championship trophy would end up. FCK came 1-0 up about half way through of the first half, and played the best football, really. In the 89th minute something beautiful happened: A loose ball fell came to Mads Jørgensen's right foot and with a first timed shot he blasted it past the FCK-keeper. I tell you, the Brøndby-end-stand went crazy - a mixture of euphory, joy, ecstacy, enthusiasm and relief marked the huge jumping and celebrating mass of fans - an amazing feeling, I know I'll never forget.
We'd equalized in the dying minutes, and could now finish the job at home against one of the already relegated teams - and, yes, we did win the championship. :)

Worst

It's quite funny, 'cause the worst match I've attended is quite similar to the best. It was another derby against FCK, this time only they won - of course. :D
It was once again in the second last round, but this time around we were at home. Our players seemed nervous and never really reached the level they had performed throughout the whole season, and were expected to perform. A draw had been enough for us, and the quite poor played match form both sides couldn't have finished in a more ironic way. FCK's Hjalte Bo Nørregård scored the very much decisive and only goal of the match ... and here comes the ironic part: he scored it in the 93rd minute - a bit like we did the year before. :eek: :(
FCK later on won the championship in the round after.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Best;
To many to mention. I've been to so many Barcelona matches that I've enjoyed. For exampel the quarterfinal of the Champions League 2001/02 at home against Panathinaikos. Our best match that season!

The derby between Galatasaray - Besiktas 2001. Cim Bom won and the atmospher was incredible. 20.000 turks sounds like 100.000 catalans!

I've also seen some good matches with Chelsea and a exciting one with West Ham against Sunderland. Di Canio was superb!

Worst;
The catalan cup final in 2002. It was the coldest day for ages in Barcelona and it was raining cats and dogs. It was almost a tropical rain and you could hardy stand up because of the wind. The final was played in Terrassa and there isn't any roof. I was sick for over a week after that match. And we lost on penaltys...

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Best has to be city 2-2 Gillingham. It was the playoff final. 2-0 down with a minute left. Horlock scored and then Dickov with 20 seconds left equalised. We then won 3-1 on penalties with Weaver the hero. Taught me that anything is possible.
The 6-2 Bolton destruction this season was also good when it was with ten men. Annoyingly I had mock GCSEs the other week so was unable to get to THAT comeback in the FA Cup or else I'd have gone.

Worst? Hmmmmm there've been many at city. The likes of losing to Bury 1-0 at Maine Road and York is terrible. One that was truly excruciating to watch was City 0-1 Boro this season. They had ZERO shots on target. An own goal put us away. We had all the possession and they did not get in our half until the 90th minute basically. We should have hammered them But Riley the ref refused to give a penalty for Danny Mills' rugby tackle on Wanchope.

~ The Green :rollani:ne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts