Goal Scoring : David Villa

Tackling : Nesta

Ball Control : Messi

Vision: Totti

Overall utility : Essien

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Cristiano Ronaldo isn't really the best dribbler, he just has all the attributes to get past his man (strength and pace). In terms of technical dribbling ability he's not the best. The difference is he is effective and hows how to use his talent rather than being just a showpony like he was in the old days. There are better dribblers out there who are far worse players than he is.

·
Banned
564 Posts
ball control = Berbatov

never loses it, and has an incredible first touch

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Berbatov still has the best first touch in football.

And like TGO says, Ronaldo is far from the best dribbler. I think Messi takes that category but there are many around who are superb at running with the ball under close control.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Tackling: Mascherano and Gago, especially Gago when he owns the ball and stands up again.

I loved Nesta for the way he used to head the ball back while he was running toward his own goal. I am not sure if he is doing that anymore.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Diving: C. Ronaldo?
I'd say Gerrard, he's really perfected his technique while C. Ronaldo's is still quite obvious. Gerrard waits until the defender catches up with him and lets the defender stick his leg in front of him so he could go down with it looking like a foul.

·
Registered
67,714 Posts
Off the top of my head

Dribbling- Messi, Riquelme, Iniesta.
Passing/vision-Pirlo, Xavi, Cesc, Pizzaro ,Scholes.
Technique-Roman, Pirlo.
Shooting-Gerrard.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
What about the ability of holding/covering the ball?
Berbatov again.

And yeah, Ronaldo isn't in the league of Messi in terms of dribbling. I'd even take guys like Aaron Lennon over him in terms of dribbling. Ronaldo is just the overall attacking package.

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
Xabi Alonso is the best passer of the ball. He has the most options. Messi is the best dribbler, but new born Arjen Robben deserves a mention as well.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I'd say at present Michael Carrick is just about the best passer in Europe. He does have better movement in front of him than most, but he really is something to behold when passing the ball.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Expect to be harassed by a lynchmop for saying that.

·
Registered
67,714 Posts
I'd say at present Michael Carrick is just about the best passer in Europe. He does have better movement in front of him than most, but he really is something to behold when passing the ball.
He's a smooth passer, but not as creative as some of his other CM counter-parts like Pirlo, Xavi, Cesc, etc.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts