Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously believe it as the academy that churns out amazing youngsters year in year out. And amazingly 90% of them are local born kids and not kids that were bought over from far away places. Just look at La Liga if you dont believe me. Barca of course having a shipload of guys making the step successfully onto the big time including Puyol, Xavi, Gabri, Oleguer, Motta, Gerard, Valdes, Sergio Garcia, Iniesta, etc. And if that wasnt enough look around at the other teams in La Liga. De La Pena (Espanyol), Roger (Villareal), Ruefete (Valencia), Luque (Deportivo), Arteta (Soceidad), Sergi (Atletico), etc etc.

Want another shocker ? Currently there are 4 La Masia graduates doing great for their respective clubs in England as well. Luis Garcia (Liverpool), Fabregas (Arsenal), Pique (ManU) and Xabi Alonso (Liverpool) {Not absolutely 100% sure about him but I believe he has a Barca background too}. Another interesting fact is that Pepe Reina (Villareal) and Albert Celades (RM) are touted to make the move to England as well sometime this year, and that will take the number to 6. :eek:

Hows all that for some proof. And I havent even mentioned the 100 million other names that have graduated from my clubs academy to go onto the big stage and play. ;) Think theres another club out there that is better ? Discuss..

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O Glorioso said:
Yes, can you tell me more about La Masia
Been functioning since well before the good old days of Cryuff and co. and has been turning out scores of professional players over the years. The likes of Pichi Alonso, Carlos Rexach, Busquets (If im not mistaken), Guardiola, Ferrer, Carrasco, Amor, Jordi Cryuff, etc etc. Its located right behind the Camp Nou and houses all the kids that are involved in the scores of teams that have been formed among the academy. If you want I could give you more names and names and names but for some detailed info Id say let K4 look up this topic and he might put some more useful light onto this topic.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yea I thought about that but hey atleast we can have the best academy title in Europe atleast. A close shave with Ajax not to be forgotten. :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Portugal also has some good academies as well, in particular over the last couple of years Sporting.

P.S: Do me a favor; next time you create a thread like this, put it in the Future Stars forum. Since your talking about youth academies, I think it belongs there. :)

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
How about the Ajax Academy? De Toekomst, or Voorland as it was previously known. Cruijff, Neeskens, Krol, Suurbier, van Basten, Rijkaard, van 't Schip, Menzo, van der Sar, Bergkamp, Davids, Seedorf, Kluivert, van der Vaart, de Jong, Sneijder and our latest prodigy, Babel. Top that :)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
maybe the title should be, best youth academy in spain

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The Ajax youth academy IMO is the best. It has produced champions of the highest order. And it is world famous so much so that the big European giants always send scouts to the academy and keep tabs on what is coming out of that school.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I guess I should also consider the following players as SPFC youth :D Leônidas da Silva, Leonardo, Careca, Falcão, Cereso and Darío Pereyra :howler:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Liternit,

But i think Jordi did start at barcelona din't he? After all, his dad was the manager.

Let me start the Corinthians one:

Bare, Gilmar Fuba, Embu, Marcio, Dinei (classic :proud: :) :):):))

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
husain... Xabi Alonso never belonged to Barcelona. Anyway, IMO the best way to messure how good is an Academy is too see how many players of the first team were raised in the Academy. I don't know if Barça has the best one, but one of the best for sure.

Currently in the first team we have: Jorquera*, Victor Valdés*, Rubén, Damià*, Oleguer*, Puyol*, Xavi*, Fernando Navarro*, Iniesta*, Gerard*, Motta*, Messi*, Gabri*, Javito, Oriol, Rodri and Verdú.

(the ones with a * are players who play more or less regularly or who have played several seasons in the first squad).

Besides we have other players around like: Luque (Deportivo), David Sanchez (Albacete), Sergi (Atlético Madrid), Guardiola (Qatar), De la Peña (Espanyol), Toni Velamazan (Espanyol), Sergio García (Levante), Arnau (Malaga), Arteta (Real Sociedad), Celades (Real Madrid), Jordi (Sevilla); Rufete (Valencia), Roger (Villarreal), Quique Alvarez (Villarreal), Reina (Villarreal), Javi Moreno (Zaragoza), David Pirri (Zaragoza), Oscar Lopez (Lazio), Luis García (Liverpool), Cesc (Arsenal), Piqué (Man U).

In any case, for me, the most important is that the youth academy works fine and, at least, 12 players of the first team are useful for us. It's good that the stars of the club live every day surrounded by people that know what the club means for Catalunya and the fans. One of the problems of the last years was that we had few Catalans in our squad and we had too many mercenaries.

Of course, Ajax's youth system is good, but in the last 10 years and looking at the names of the people that we produced, I still believe that ours is better. Although historically Ajax's one has raised many stars. Since the CL victory and that generation, the quality of the Ajax players is not that impressive.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Of course, Ajax's youth system is good, but in the last 10 years and looking at the names of the people that we produced, I still believe that ours is better. Although historically Ajax's one has raised many stars. Since the CL victory and that generation, the quality of the Ajax players is not that impressive.
Should be written 8 years then... after all 95 the ajax team was still producing players.

Anyway, In Brazil we can list at least 5 academies better than Barcelona (just by the names you gave us as example)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,906 Posts
Well La Masia is definately one of the best. But West Ham , Atlanta and Ajax have done a great job as well. Another one which deserves a mention is River Plate.
Brazilians clubs i dont know much about. But Gremio deserves a mention , afterall Ronnie came from their academy.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Currently in the first team we have: Jorquera*, Victor Valdés*, Rubén, Damià*, Oleguer*, Puyol*, Xavi*, Fernando Navarro*, Iniesta*, Gerard*, Motta*, Messi*, Gabri*, Javito, Oriol, Rodri and Verdú.

(the ones with a * are players who play more or less regularly or who have played several seasons in the first squad)
I find it very odd when a player that comes from another youth system in SA is considered home grown youth. Neither Messi or Motta should be there, they did come quite young to Barça still they were developed enough in another youth academy to be noticed by Barcelona.

You do have a lot of players from youth in your team and you have two players that are way above anything produced at RM lately. But still its not the best in quality when it comes to europe.

Did Luque start with Barça?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts