Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, THE match by excellence in Italian league is 3 weeks away, but the psychological war between the 2 teams has already started via the medias. Today, Kaka in la Gazetta said that :

"Il mio Milan è più forte della Juventus". E' la convinzione di Kakà: "Milan e Juve sono due grandissime squadre - ha detto il fuoriclasse brasiliano a margine della conferenza stampa per la sua investitura di ambasciatore contro la fame dell'Onu -, ma io dico che il Milan è più forte, anzi è la squadra più forte d'Europa. Conosco il potenziale dei miei compagni, mi ci alleno ogni giorno: siamo i più forti".
:stuckup::devil:

I believe that Kaka may have a valid point, however, I don't find it wise to go all out in the media saying loud what everyone already knows...;) It's not constructive. Tell us something we didn't know...:groan: :tongue:

I also believe that this Juve is far from being the machine that everyone is making them to be. While Juve are flying high and a Milan at 60-70%, we've been able to remain within striking distance, I wonder what it would be like when the first signs of fatigue and exhaustion will start to be felt in casa juventina while at the same time, thanks to the Milan Labs's careful planning of the season, we would be going crescendo, that is reaching our best slowly to a peak in March-April-May!:stuckup::devil: :star:

Despite all this, I feel that this season, it will be between Milan and Juve not only in Serie A but also in Europe. So, are we up for a repeat of 2003? Are we up for the famous and prohibitive accoppiattap (double) Scudetto-Champions League? The only Italian team to have ever achieved this feat was no other than Milan in 1994.:stuckup:

So 1994-2004? Is history about to be repeated? I cannot say it will happen, but I have a good feeling about it!:stuckup::devil: :hopefull:

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!!:star:
I GOBBI VANNO IN QUESTA DIREZIONE QUESTA STAGIONE: GIU!!!!:stuckup::devil: :jester:

Who's up for some tasty Zebra BBQ?:lick::lick:

:devil::jester: :howler:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I want to see Ibrahimovic try to get past Nesta, and then to see Kaka try to deek out Cannavaro. This is going to be a beautiful defensive duel. Hopefully as well a match that is not devoid of life.

P.S. I doubt Del Piero will be in the starting XI either through injury or not be chosen. I wonder how much press coverage he will get and how many respectful quotes that he will get from his opponents.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It is good that Kaká enlightens the public. :)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
blimey, the Serie A is really boring this year with the two title challengers talking about the match three weeks in advance. :) :shades:

·
Registered
869 Posts
:star: :star: the robbery :star: :star:

the brand new movie with great actors such as:

LUCKY LUCIANO MOGGI :star:
ANTHONY DOPE GIRAUDO :star:
BOB BETTEGA :star:

starring
PAUL NEWMAN LIPPI :star:

:shades:

Attachments

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
This game should be good.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ragazzi,
How about a bet guys with the Gobbi?:devil:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:
Ragazzi,
How about a bet guys with the Gobbi?:devil:

Cheers.;)
At the very best we will manage to pull off a draw :sob: The odds are against us. :frownani: I'm definetly not going to bet :stuckup:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
However, one thing that makes me a bit worried anxious is that this game falls in the worst possible time for Milan. Indeed, it's been one of those tabus that Milan have that they never win the last game of the year before Christmas. Actually, we usually lost those games in the past what ? 10 years or so? Maybe Presidente can give the correct figure about this tabu we have?:sob::groan:

But tabus are just like records:sooner or later, they will fall!:stuckup: What a better time to get rid of this last tabu than against the Gobbi?:stuckup::devil:

I expect the same type of performance that last year we did at the Olimpico about roughly the same time of the year in a similar fashion!:stuckup:

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!:star::proud: :devil:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
For once i want the ref to side Milan - rather than Juve like in past meetings.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:
However, one thing that makes me a bit worried anxious is that this game falls in the worst possible time for Milan. Indeed, it's been one of those tabus that Milan have that they never win the last game of the year before Christmas. Actually, we usually lost those games in the past what ? 10 years or so? Maybe Presidente can give the correct figure about this tabu we have?:sob::groan:

But tabus are just like records:sooner or later, they will fall!:stuckup: What a better time to get rid of this last tabu than against the Gobbi?:stuckup::devil:

I expect the same type of performance that last year we did at the Olimpico about roughly the same time of the year in a similar fashion!:stuckup:

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!:star::proud: :devil:

Cheers.;)
I believe that last year we lost in San Siro vs Udinese and Zio Fester was pissed off. :groan: I will start focusing on the match next week :stuckup: Righ now we must focus on Celtic, then Fiorentina. Another reason is that as said in my previous post, that at the most we will be able at most to scrap a draw :hopefull: and as most probably Inter will start winning games for some time :frownani: . I'm in a conservative and worried mood right now :nervous: May Lucifer :devil: help us :stuckup:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Diavolo said:
At the very best we will manage to pull off a draw :sob: The odds are against us. :frownani: I'm definetly not going to bet :stuckup:
If we go to Torino and pull off a draw I'll be bloody ecstatic let me tell you. :) :thmbup:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
San Siro said:
I also believe that this Juve is far from being the machine that everyone is making them to be. While Juve are flying high and a Milan at 60-70%, we've been able to remain within striking distance, I wonder what it would be like when the first signs of fatigue and exhaustion will start to be felt in casa juventina while at the same time, thanks to the Milan Labs's careful planning of the season, we would be going crescendo, that is reaching our best slowly to a peak in March-April-May!:stuckup::devil: :star:

I may have said this before, but I'm unable to understand why there are constant referrals to the issue of "when the first signs of fatigue and exhaustion" set in with regards to Juve.
Trezeguet is out, Del Piero has been out for almost half the games, Nedved has been reeeling lately, and Zebina just returned after some 3 weeks out.
Milan may have planned their season form differently to us, I don't know, but there's precious little that suggests that Milan are actually ascending dramatically form wise, nor that you have more x-factors to turn it up a notch compared to what we do. Or do you consider that to be an unfair statement?
Milan, since the start of the season, have been reliant on it's stars to steal the show on a game to game basis. Whether it's Sheva being magical, Seedorff's early season goals, Crespo taking over in Sheva's absence, Kaka lately plus a pair of late Pirlo screamers, it's individual efforts that have kept you close, and until the TEAM actually comes around, I don't think this notion that Milan has lots of hidden quality carries much threat. We all know that Milan has lots of quality, but in the latest weeks, Dida has had to be too important for you, which also say something about your defence which isn't as unpenetrable as I'm sure you'd like (goes for us as well lately).

If anything, depth wise, guys like Kapo and Olivera have gone on to make a difference when tried out, which was unexpected really, and Nedved, much like your Kaka, has not been at his best consistently. Bottom line is that I don't think your fringe players have really made much of an impact, and I think they were expected to do so more than the mentioned young Juventini.

One must expect both Nedved and Kaka to come good during the campaign, and whereas Kaka has shown his influential best in latter weeks, we're still waiting for Nedved and Trezeguet, our most prolific scorer by a distance, in particular.

San Siro said:
Despite all this, I feel that this season, it will be between Milan and Juve not only in Serie A but also in Europe.
It is definately a Juve-Milan duel for serieA, as Inter have wasted too many points despite having the prerequisiste talent available, but to be honest I think both Barca and Chelsea look better than either of us when we talk about the CL. Long season of course, and Barca's squad is thin in some areas for sure, but I don't think we (as in both of us) should consider ourselves favourites based on current performances. Inter can consider their chances for the CL to be about as good as ours too I think. If nothing else because Adriano is simply sick, and they have such a broad bench.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
These are the last few clashes between Milan and Juve:

1998-1999 Milan-Juventus 1-1 Albertini 26, Fonseca 85
1998-1999 Juventus-Milan 0-2 Weah 1,19 second half :star:

1999-2000 Jeventus-Milan 3-1 (Sala, Conte, Inaghi, Kovacevic) :sob:
1999-2000 Milan-Juventus 2-0 (Sheva 2) :star:

2000-2001 Milan-Juventus 2-2 (Ambrosini 59, Shevchenko 60, Trezeguet 67, Conte 90)
2000-2001 Juventus-Milan 3-0 (Tudor 9, Inzaghi 67, Zidane 90+1) :sob:

2001-2002 Juventus-Milan 1-1 (Sheva 23, Del Piero PK)
2001-2002 Juventus-Milan 1-0 (Chamot owngoal 78) :sob:

2002-2003 Juventus-Milan 2-1 (Di Vaio 8, Thuram 21, Pirlo PK 32) :sob:
2002-2003 Milan-Juventus 2-1 (Shevchenko 4, Nedved 10, Inzaghi 25) :star:
2002-2003 Milan-Juventus 3-2 (Manchester ;) )

2003-2004 Milan-Juventus 1-1 (Tomasson 65, Di Vaio 84)
2003-2004 Juventus-Milan 1-3 (Shevchenko 25, Seedorf 63, Seedorf 74, Ferrara 81) :star:

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
I saw Juve last night and I as much as I wasnt impressed immensly 9liek for ex I was from Barca), it is scary to see how solid and confident this team has become for such a short period of time. I dont know if it is only Capello or a mixture of Fabio and Juve traditions and self-confidence, but Juve is as hard to beat as ever. What is more dangerous is that fact that they dont impress liek hell while they have the potential and tallent (if all fit) to do so. Thuram-Canna-Buffon is as good as what we have. The young guys deliver liek crazy, Zlatan has settled way too qucikcly and this Juve local arrogance serves him perfectly, DP is scoring again from time to time :D and Nedved is not even close to what he probably will be in a month or so. And while Trez is injured ad DP scores a bit :D they managed to find enought people to put crucial goals in crucial moments. Amazing stuff, thou not really when you talk about Juve in Italy.

It will be one hell of a game.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
when is the game being played chaps ? the Juve fans are keeping it a secret.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
when is the game being played chaps ? the Juve fans are keeping it a secret.
18th December at 20.30 local time :stuckup:

1 - 20 of 283 Posts