Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this talk about balkan genes seen in the forum lately made me wonder. How many lucky ones are part of this club?

Let's see your hands now.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Dabdob

Dabdob, Jr.

:proud:

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
I'm 1/26743 Balkan! :proud:
Don't tell me one of your grandfathers had a fight with a Balkanm got injuered and some balkanian blood entered his blood stream? Because that doesn't count :mad:

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
I am viking. That is higher up the hierarchy. According to renowned expert me.
If you look at the map upside down as it should be drawnm tou'd actually bottom of the list ;)

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
How are u from the Balkans?

I can't stand those wannabes.

P.S. sorry if you actually are but I still can't stand those wannabes :mad:
Have you ever heard of the Balkans that fought Mangolians in Palestine 600 years ago?

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Don't tell me one of your grandfathers had a fight with a Balkanm got injuered and some balkanian blood entered his blood stream? Because that doesn't count :mad:
Oh. :sigh:

Well, in that case, I'm mostly Viking. Johan and I like to have herring duels.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Nope. Educate me :excited:
It was the "Mamaluk" era, just before the Ottomans. Actually the Ottomans were controling the northen part (Turkey today) and the "Mamalik" were in Eygpt, where Palestine and Syria (I think) were occupied by Mongolians.

"Mamluks" were originally slaves from different regions, manly Turkish areas, and the Black sea area. Although the majority of Mamluks at first were from the Turk areas, due to the high demand of Mamluks, many were recruited from the Balkans as they were captured in young age and sold in Eygupt. Under the Ayoubi state, they were integrated in the army for their fighting skills, and gradually seized power. When "Al Malik Al Saleh" died and there were no hire, Mamluks seized power and became head o the Mamluk state, marched to Palestine, and won the war against Mangolians. Many families, setteled there. The town I am originally from, near Jaffa city was inhibited by Balkan Mamluks.

The rest is history :stuckup:

·
Gran Sheik of XTMCMM
261 Posts
Im a descendant of Mongols/Khans through my maternal lineage thats for shizzle makes me part balkan gene carrier. Mongols fathered many kids :eek: My great great grandfather from my maternal side of the family was a turkish pasha

All you balkan wannabees better stay put

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Im a descendant of Mongols/Khans through my maternal lineage thats for shizzle makes me part balkan gene carrier. Mongols fathered many kids :eek:

All you balkan wannabees better stay put
Mongols are direct and arch enemies of Balkans. Stay out or face your ancesstors' painful end :boxing:

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
I wonder, where do i stand :neutral:

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
It was the "Mamaluk" era, just before the Ottomans. Actually the Ottomans were controling the northen part (Turkey today) and the "Mamalik" were in Eygpt, where Palestine and Syria (I think) were occupied by Mongolians.

"Mamluks" were originally slaves from different regions, manly Turkish areas, and the Black sea area. Although the majority of Mamluks at first were from the Turk areas, due to the high demand of Mamluks, many were recruited from the Balkans as they were captured in young age and sold in Eygupt. Under the Ayoubi state, they were integrated in the army for their fighting skills, and gradually seized power. When "Al Malik Al Saleh" died and there were no hire, Mamluks seized power and became head o the Mamluk state, marched to Palestine, and won the war against Mangolians. Many families, setteled there. The town I am originally from, near Jaffa city was inhibited by Balkan Mamluks.

The rest is history :stuckup:
:proud:

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
One of us :proud:
Yes :proud: I have also some Ottoman and Arab genes, so be careful you skebitcal Bulgarian rebel :devil: :D

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Having in mind, I belong to a country formed in 681, which has seen off both the Byzantine and Ottoman empire, and that I was born in a city established by Filip the father of Alexander the Great, I think i am pretty good authority all things Balkan. :D

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far we have

Doc
Dab
Dab jr:D
Adnan
Bono
ac_milan_1899

there's more, but they haven't bothered to post yet:frustrat:. Anyway, this is the largest group :eek: after those who speak Italian.
I wonder, where do i stand :neutral:
tell us your roots and we'll figure it out. Equator doesn't count.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts