Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems a popular subject on other forums, so i thought id make a thread to keep track of our away attendances. So we can discuss how amazing our fans are :D

alot of discussion around the message boards about who will win this tabke between the "big 3" newcastle, villa and leeds. just behind them will probably come us, forest and wednesday. early attendances are quite low from us apart from selling out burton, but we always tend to have low numbers in august.

so far

Barnsley -3932
Preston - 1150 (tues night)
Burton - 1700 (sell out)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Still pretty decent numbers. Our home support will remain high all season, the away numbers are a pretty good indication of the feeling among the fans.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Where do you get the figures? I am interested by this sort of things, but can rarely find the numbers out. Keep this updated please :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where do you get the figures? I am interested by this sort of things, but can rarely find the numbers out. Keep this updated please :)
I found a forum where they seem to be able to get the away attendances for pretty much all championship games. Yeah, I am a bit of an attendance need :D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Auto correct doesn't like the word nerd....

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember seeing a good pic of the Barnsley away end online, I'll see what I can dig up when I've got time.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that's the one I remember seeing :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
i thought id make a thread to keep track of our away attendances. So we can discuss how amazing our fans are :D

Burton - 1700 (sell out)
Yeah, you filled the away terrace behind the east goal (1200) and the away seats (about 500). My neighbour, who watched the game on television, said there were some white shirts in among the yellow-and-black tops in the home sections. I was at the game and I didn't see any, but I don't rule it out: for one thing, the rivalry between the two clubs is not yet great enough for incomplete segregation to spark an 'off'; and for another, I didn't really look. In this forum, someone said that Derby fans had been registering with Burton Albion, so there were almost certainly a fair few Rams not wearing colours in the home sections. All things considered, I think you may have had 2000. And they were all amazing.

Not.:D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I know a few who went in with the Burton fans, and I'm sure quite a few if the burton based derby fans would have done.

If the fans at the ground where anything like the messageboards they will have been suicidal :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
If the fans at the ground where anything like the messageboards they will have been suicidal :D
On the way out, I saw some who were, yes: Instead of the usual "You're f****** sh**", they were singing "We're f****** sh**".:D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the way out, I saw some who were, yes: Instead of the usual "You're f****** sh**", they were singing "We're f****** sh**".:D
I thought those days ended with Paul Jewell :(

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't worry. It won't last long; Pearson will sort them out.
Yeah I'm behind Pearson, I'm not one of those who think he's the antichrist.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can't find a pic for the burton game anywhere :(

Our average away attendance is 2260 so far, but with Bristol City and Cardiff next I can see that going down a bit after those two, unless a couple of good home wins in the next 2 matches boost sales.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I reckon we must usually average north of 2000 over a season? The long trips South will be where the numbers fall down though, except if there's a real buzz around the club. You can't say that's the case right at this moment.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Averaged 2125 last season, fourth best in the division, behind Leeds, Wednesday and Middlesbrough.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts