Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I can't help thinking after reading Roy Keane and Jamie Carragher interviews today is that they are vast difference in the main points. Our boss is delusional and has lots of excuses after defeats and KOs.

I wonder if the players have become excuse seekers as well. Personally I prefer us to be honest like Roy Keane.

Carragher

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher echoed the thoughts of his manager Gerard Houllier when he said the linesman cost Liverpool the game at Southampton, and argued it could cost the Reds a Champions League place.

The Reds defender said James Beattie's opening goal was clearly off-side and said it was a decision that was tough to take.

Carragher said: "The first goal was definitely offside. I was chasing Phillips and I could see Beattie was ahead of him when he passed or miscontrolled the ball to him. I was behind Beattie and I was the last man so he had to be offside.

"I can't believe the linesman didn't see it. It was an unbelievable sion. I always try to be very honest and to say we feel cheated might be going too far, but that could cost us a place in the Champions League."

Keane
Roy Keane says some United stars are playing for their futures following the bitter disappointments of the past few weeks.

"Things haven't been going well and obviously all the players, the manager and the staff are disappointed.

"We can make excuses, point the finger at different things and hide behind the manager. But the fact is we've not done the business.

"The players we've put out recently have been good enough to win matches but we haven't done it.

"The buck stops with the players. Hopefully we can snap out of it and get a win on Saturday. We've got a lot to play for. Some of us are playing for our futures."

Turning specifically to the Porto and Man City results, Keane adds: "Of course you can be slightly unlucky in football.

"The lads put in a good effort against Porto but it just wasn't to be, and to lose 4-1 against City was probably an unfair scoreline. But that's football and that's what can happen. We've got to face the facts."

"We can make excuses and hide behind the manager. But the fact is we've not done the business. Some of us are playing for our futures."

As for the end-of-an-era stories running in the newspapers, Keane simply says: "We're taking a lot of criticism at the moment and probably rightly so.

"When you're not doing the business at a club like Manchester United, you're going to get criticised."

---------------

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ged and the players will get delirious if we qualify for the CL while Man U will reflect on a disappointing season of getting 2/3rd. Even an FA Cup will not cheer them up much...

Should the players be thinking positive at this stage of the season or should they take one good look at the mirror?

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
he's a manc and all, but you have to respect the way he handles press releases.

- straightforward
- bluntly honest
- not afraid to slag team mates

apparently its not really working, he's said the same thing about a month ago? but still skidding...

now if only someone had the guts to tell Houllier to shut it.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Man U fans overracted. Its may just be a blimp. Fergie can still win Man U the title again (provided we dun get a good manager :) ). Every teams have blimps. Man U are good at coming back from a bad season to win championships.

While Keane is taking it a bit extreme and needs to cool down, I believe Fergie and Man U are pretty realistic about things, they know they have to keep the Championships coming in. Lots of their players has gone stale and they need to bring in fresh blood and hope the likes of Ronaldo can mature and improve.

Ok Enough about the Theatre of Evils.

We on the other hand still believe in a manager who still habben deliver after 6 seasons in charge and is pulling our clubs downwards and some players are delusional as well, influenced by the manager.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
This is just another example of increasingly low expectations of the club. I would say that pulling the club downwards is influenced by the manager.

But you can't blame Houlier, he's just trying to keep his job...and he's done a good job at that! Questions really need to be directed towards the board.

I have a feeling they only care about the money LFC can generate just by getting in to the CL, people will still pay to get in and see their club...no need for any real success.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
"Things haven't been going well and obviously all the players, the manager and the staff are disappointed.

"We can make excuses, point the finger at different things and hide behind the manager. But the fact is we've not done the business.

"The players we've put out recently have been good enough to win matches but we haven't done it.

"The buck stops with the players. Hopefully we can snap out of it and get a win on Saturday. We've got a lot to play for. Some of us are playing for our futures."
If he played for Liverpool, he'd soon find that poor performances from the players are always without fail down to the manager.:pp

D

·
0 Posts
No because he would have arrived when Souness was manager, success would have come under him or Evans and Le Hoof would be in the french div.3 where he belongs.

Or if he was there under Hoof, he'd have no problem telling the board to get rid of Le Toad, and the board would listen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts