Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a great fan of Kovacevic and Mijatovic and that's why I want them both to start, but how is it gonna be really? Can any Yugoslav fill me in on the info from the camp? :) BTW I predict Yugoslavia are gonna win the EURO 2000, beating Sweden in the final, so this is a very imprtant matter ;)

V

·
0 Posts
yeah man!!!! :)
I agree with ya that Kovacevic and Milosevic should start up forward, and have Mijatovic behind them 2

labas...
Why did u say Sweeden in the final?
Why not Holland? (or any other country)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I want Mijatovic to play ONLY with Kovacevic. I don't want Milosevic.Sorry. IMO Yugoslavia will win EURO 2000 by beating Sweden in the final. That's all and the top goalscorer will be Mijatovic. Anyway that's a bit of preddicting :) I just hope Kovacevic get's the start, because he is hugely talented! I mean one of the best out there, only playing for a real crap club and a crap manager.

M

·
0 Posts
Look guys putting Mijatovic behind the strikers does seem like a good idea but there
is one problem and that is which midfielder are you going to put on bench as a result of it.
Deki,J.Stankovic,Jugovic and Drulovic are all class players and if Pixie goes and it looks like he will, then he will play for sure so you would have to take of 2 out of those 5 to get Mijatovic to play behind the striker and that isnt very likely.

V

·
0 Posts
labas
I heard that Sweeden payed to win the euro 2000, so thats why i asked u why u put sweeden in the final with Yugoslavia, i thought u heard about it aswell,

If i was the coach of Yugo team, I would put Mijat behind the strikers, coz he is a better midfield player then a striker to me,and if u put him attacking midfield...he would kick ass, It would be like this:

-------Kovacevic---------Milosevic
---------------Mijatovic----------
J.Stankovic---D.Stankovic---Drulovic
--------------Jugovic------------
Mihaljovic----Djorovic----Djukic
--------------Kocic--------------

there u go, i'm not sure about defence, coz i don't have enough time for that, but midfield and strikers i think is the best like that,Jugovic would bring the ball up from defence,I put him there as a play maker...

-------------------------

M

·
0 Posts
The problem with that formation is Jugovic is an attacking midfielder and not a defencive one and I dont know how his defencive skills are like and having three defenders at the back is to risky,we have played with four men in defence over the last couple of years and our defence has been shaky so 3 guys is even worse.

To risky in my opinion

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
Jugovic has played as a defensive midfielder, in fact that was his main role in Zvezda, I know that was a long time ago, but he is capable of playing it...
Still that formation is too risky... :)
It is a good one, but only if our players were world class defenders....should I say more?? :D

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't play Milosevis unless we have to - he really has been weak lately at Zaragoza. My formation is:

-----Mijatovic---Kovacevic----

Stankovic---Jugovic---D.Stankovic--Drulovic?

G.Djorovic----Djukic---Govedarica
---------Mihajlovic------------

----------Kralj?-------

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too am a fan of Kovacevic. It's sad that Juventus doesn't give him more of a chance. But I don't agree with you on Mijatovic. He hasn't played very much for Fiorentina and he got injured again. There's still greatness in him but not like when he was in Real Madrid. I personaly don't like Milosevic but he has scored a lot of goals in Spain and for the benifit of the team he should start along Kovacevic. Kezman is young with no high level competition experience and starting him would be a big gamble that I think Boskov will not take.

Looking at some of your line ups you are all leaving out Stojkovic. I'm pretty sure he's been called up. He is old, but he's still damn good and an excellent playmaker. Another thing is there is no way Yugoslavia can play with 3 defenders. That's a big no no.

Here is my lineup:
----Milosevic-------Kovacevic----

-----------Stojkovic------------

Jugovic---Jokanovic---D.Stankovic

Djorovic---Mihajlovic---Komiljenovic
-------------Djukic--------------

------------Kralj/Kocic------------

[This message has been edited by Pwnage (edited 31-05-2000).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts