Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you're all well read on the supposed meeting between Chelsea and Ashley Cole, how it's illegal, and what could happen should it be proved to be true.

I'm just curious to find out what you think the punishment should be, if anything, if they are found to be guilty of "tapping up" the England left-back.

I say this out of curiosity of what you would say should you answer completely unbiased. For example, I would expect a United fan to say dock 'em nine points or Arsenal 11 and so on and so on. However, should you not view this from the perspective of a supporter affected by the outcome, what would you say should be done?

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But what do you think should be done, Dan? Not thinking about you being Chelski, what do you think should be done when clubs do this?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Well as it breaks rule k3, a point deduction is the one way to set an example.

Boro got 3 for not playing, for tapping should be 5.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Isaac said:
But what do you think should be done, Dan? Not thinking about you being Chelski, what do you think should be done when clubs do this?
Chelsea will get away with it, so I just don't want to talk about it. If other clubs do it and there is hard evidence, than I'd say a penalty should be given such as a fine. I'm not for the point deduction system, unless it is something that has influenced the standings.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
what a load of bs, first he is damn overrated second clubs do it all the time the problem is that none can prove it

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Interista said:
Fine do nothing these days, its as good as a slap on the wrist
Are the teams that make such an accusation also held? I mean if they report something and it is false, are they penalized?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
it did not happen. i thought cole was proben of being at someone else at the time

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Chelsea didn't do anything, look at my title, it twas I who tapped Cole up! :howler:

In reality, I hope Chelski get docked points

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
even if chelski loses 5 pts, they will still win the damn trophy...

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
like Milan, RM, Barça or any other european giant would be fined as well

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Wenger tap rap

By PAT SHEEHAN

ARSENE WENGER has broken his silence on the Ashley Cole tap storm by insisting: I know exactly what went on.

The Arsenal boss fumed: “You must reckon I’m really naive if you think I don’t know what happened.

“But it’s for the Premier League to get the truth out. What does it change if I know the truth or not?

“The fact I know what happened doesn’t change what I can do.

“We are in the middle of a storm which we have done nothing to help cause.

“What have we done wrong? If somebody has done anything wrong it’s Chelsea. They can say yes or no.”

Premier League chiefs are investigating after Gunners left-back Cole, 24, secretly met Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and chief executive Peter Kenyon in a London hotel last month.

Arsenal — who made an official complaint — have told disciplinary chiefs they will co-operate fully and will not prevent Cole from giving his side of the story.

But the row has disrupted the Gunners’ attempts to get their England star to agree an extension to his contract at Highbury.

Wenger added: “The story has been a big disturbance to us.

“The timing was especially unpleasant as the story broke on the day of our game with Manchester United.

“I have found the whole story upsetting. The most important thing is to get the truth out.”

Wenger has raised a few eyebrows by flatly refusing to speak about the scandal to Cole, who has also been linked to Real Madrid.

But the Frenchman insisted: “What does it change if I ask Cole what happened? What does that change? It’s all down to the Premier League.

“Anyway, who tells you that I do not know already what happened? Do you really take me for naive?”
------------------------------

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005070323,00.html

1 - 20 of 26 Posts