Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
well what i find interesting is that both teams are wonderful technically and play an open game but will play on two small pitches. more energy is therefore consumed, a battle of the fittest :)

I think if arsenal play at there best they'll win. though riquelme against gilberto may be interesting, especially as gilberto is starting to find his feet and Roman is on fire :shades:

that can only be good, el feno being on the fence, he wont give you bad luck :D

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Difficult match i feel hleb and ebou on the right will be to much for Riquelme, and that RVP must start, the way to beat them is to play better football, 442.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I think Arsenal's speed will be too much for Villarreal. They are well positioned defensively but the onslaught will prove too much IMO.

Arsenal's defence is air tight at the moment which means that if we get a couple of goals in the first leg this will be too much for Villarreal to overcome.

Villarreal does have heart though. If we play like we've been for the last few games I don't see how we can't be favorites to go to the final....

·
Registered
877 Posts
I Think we will win both legs in this tie. It'll be our most entartaining tie yet.

El fen can never loose. I wonder if he knows what dissapointment feels like..lol

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Gunner4life said:
I Think we will win both legs in this tie. It'll be our most entartaining tie yet.

El fen can never loose. I wonder if he knows what dissapointment feels like..lol

I Think we will win both legs in this tie :eekani:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
I figure you guys are the favorites, so i have that strange feeling you will lose. None the less i hope you guys win the whole thing. Plus i can see Henry annoy some more people when he starts shaking his head 'yeah' like he knew it was coming.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that this will be one very tricky semi final? As much as I've seen them they are a good team, play like a true team, no super stars, just a bunch of great players that always give their all. It will be a great semi final but a very hard one for us.

I hope and belive we can do it, but I would just like to say that it will be more difficult than anyone thinks.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Go boys.

Il_Grande! said:
just wanted to notify you guys that 19/4 is my bday, as well as sharapova's :tongue:
It's my mum and one of my grandmothers the day before. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Walter BC said:
Am I the only one who thinks that this will be one very tricky semi final?
No. They, like us, are on a bit of a Champions League roll - it's all about on the day like Henry said. Ashley Cole back will be massive as we'll be threatening on both flanks.

Two bookings over six games and you miss the final - is this rule still active? God, we've seen it hit finals with Keane and Nedved in the past, no doubt more I'm unaware of, it's a ****ing joke.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
nEEbz said:
Toure is on the yellow. Can he survive the two legs? It would be a nightmare to loose him in the final :scared:

It is A homework For us.. :depress: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
We're going to have a bit of a pile-up baby

MANCHESTER City's Premiership clash with Arsenal has been postponed.

The game, originally scheduled for Monday April 17, will now be played on Thursday May 4 because of the Gunners' Champions League semi-final.

The Blues will be looking for their first win over Arsenal since December 1991, when they triumphed 1-0 in the old first division.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I think Arsenal must be favourites to win this one.

Will be interesting to see if you can cope with Riquelme though, and i'll laugh at Jern if Forlan bangs one in. :)

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
DougCoglan said:
Forlan has provided us non-United fans with many big belly laughs - you would be due one
Forlan netted two against the scousers, it was glorious.

In fact, he was worth £7m just for those two goals.

1 - 20 of 430 Posts