1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Injured Henry out of Easter games

- Thierry Henry -
By Richard Clarke

Thierry Henry will miss both of Arsenal's Easter games through injury.

The French striker picked up a hamstring problem during the 2-1 defeat to Chelsea in the Champions League on Tuesday night and had to be substituted nine minutes from time. He had treatment at Highbury but, despite that, Arsène Wenger has ruled him out for the home game with Liverpool on Good Friday and the trip to Newcastle on Easter Sunday.

"I took Thierry off because he was injured," said the manager. "He has a hamstring problem and wanted to come off.

"Thierry will be out over the weekend and for how long after that I don't know."

-------------------------------------------------------------

apparently Bobby was in San Daniele last night and he said" we will murder Liverpool on Friday :eek:

let's hope he is right.

can we expect changes i reckon yes,the team looked like it has shot it's bolt last night,i would think Wenger will freshen things up with maybe a run out for Wiltord ,i also reckon Edu and Sol might get a rest :eek:

-------------Loon
Ralph---Kolo---Boom Boom---Ash

Nino-----Gilberto--Paddy----Bob
--------Dennis
-------------------José

Liverpool will come to defend,first half against them is normally like a game of attack v defence,then in the second half they will try to nick the winner.

this game is VERY important,if we fail to win,the media hysterical reaction will be phenomenal and the repercussions could be huge.

i'll go for a 2-1 win with José and Nino netting for us. :cool:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
we have nothing more to loose...
wht i would go with is pires on the right and bently on the left...
with mayb stacky in goal...
if these guys dont play now they never will...
i hope wenger shows some faith in stack like how fergie did in carrol....

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gunner4ever said:
we have nothing more to loose...
wht i would go with is pires on the right and bently on the left...
with mayb stacky in goal...
if these guys dont play now they never will...
i hope wenger shows some faith in stack like how fergie did in carrol....
we do have something to lose,the EPL title,that is very important,i'm all for giving Bentley a go but not Stack,i don't think he is as good as Carrol from what i've seen.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Henry out yikes thats rough

But i think will over come that and take a 3-1 win

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
personally i think arsenal will go and smash liverpool 3-0 or capitualte 0-3

it wont be a close game.

the arse will come out furious and destroy liverpool....or they will be so down in the dump that liverpool will look like a good team :eek:

for the though of liverpool being considered a good team i hope the arse come out and pound em 3-0

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
we do have something to lose,the EPL title,that is very important,i'm all for giving Bentley a go but not Stack,i don't think he is as good as Carrol from what i've seen.
its times liek this i wish taylor wasnt injured so often... tht is really wht is hampering the lad...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm pretty sure we will win

I give up my tune lastly :D

it will be like 3-1

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JackoTheDon said:
Change yer avator :fero:
i'm waiting for you to do the honours,you are a pikey so shouldn't mind getting your hands dirty,i want it handed to me in good condition with no smudges.

get to work pikey :D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
the team must not depend too much on Henry
especially mentally

we must learn to play without him

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
what do you mean Owen ? (don't mind if i shorten your name?)
np, Jern, call me ON if u'd like

I just meant, that I won't say "we'll cream you for sure", or "this is going to be your third loss in a row," or "we'll win cuz we're liverpool! :fero:"

but you know who i think will win :)

LIVERPOOL FC!!!! :star::star::star::star:

On the Rise, from Mediocricy!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Surprise SUrprise...

Wenger pulls another 'fast' one as it looks like Terry Henry is back in the squad for Liverpool and Newcastle. He'll have a late fitness check, which basically means.. he'll play :rolleyes:

Wenger u r scum :groan: :fero:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Agreed, no need for the dirty games.With or without Henry Arsenal will win.He probably think he's playing Fergie like mind games.

Have to say, even im looking forward to a Henry 1 on 1 with Biscan or Hyypia, expect Carra and Riise coming in and saving the day or trying to alot, thus your wingers will get alot of time.

We'll have a compact back 4, Didi playing as a third CB, Gerrard doin the hard stuff, Kewell working hard but not doin to much right, Diouf working hard and giving away free kicks, Heskey jumping for long balls and Owen not doing much besides fluffing a few chances.

I'll be delighted to be proved wrong :D

PS, i hate the Library and it's shite camera angle.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I was reading the preview on Soccerage and they say Arsenal will have its full starting 11.

It may not be true, but if it is, wouldn't it be wiser to rest two or three players and let others like Cygan, Gilberto and Wiltord play? I'm sure they are in much better physical and maybe mental condition.

It'll be a hard game and under the circumstances I would be satisfied with a tie.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts